Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week: Summer Fun Guide + Discounts
Top Picks this Weekend:
Hands-on-Habitat at Fontenelle Forest – August 18 (9:30 – 11 a.m.), FREE with Registration
- Fun educational, hands-on classes for pre-school age children and parents brought to you by ParentSavvy and Fontenelle Forest.
- Free 3x a year. Registration opens the 1st of the month. Please note that space is limited and sessions do fill quickly! Register here!
Arrows to Aerospace, Bellevue – August 18 – 19, 2017
- Parade, pancake feed, pet show, activities for children, entertainment, food, and fun in Washington Park in Olde Towne Bellevue.
- The parade is at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 19, 2017. It runs from the corner of Bert Murphy and Mission Avenue to Washington Park in Olde Towne Bellevue.
Greek Festival – August 18 – 20
- Taste Greek Food, experience Greek music and culture with Greek Dancing, children’s activities, and more.
- Admission: Adults – $3.00 at the gate (or Free Admission with Canned Goods Donation)
- Location: St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church (St. Mary Ave & Park Drive)
StoneBridge Fireworks Bonanza – August 18 (6 – 10:30 p.m.), FREE
- Bounce houses, food trucks, jumbo yard games, live music, and a professional fireworks display. Admission is free for the activities, food truck fees apply.
- Location: 15801 Butler Ave, Omaha
FREE Summer Concerts continue (End this weekend or next for most!)
- Sounds of Summer at Shadow Lake – Fridays, May 26 – August 18, 2017; (6:30 – 8:30 p.m.)
- Friday Night Concerts in Rockbrook Village – Fridays, June 2 – August 25, 2017; (7 – 8 p.m.)
- Vibes at Village Pointe – Saturdays, May 27 – August 19, 2017; (6:30 – 8:30 p.m.)
Intro App Development at The Brain Exchange – August 19 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE, Grades 9-12 (Registration Required)
- This four-hour, FREE class is geared towards introducing students, grades 9 – 12, the introductory skills needed to develop an iOS app of their own. Location: The Brain Exchange located at 1902 Howard Street.
Family Fun Saturday & Teacher Appreciation Night at Gifford Farm – August 19, (6 – 9 p.m.)
- Evening hayride, visit the farm animals, and learn, play, and explore in Outdoor Nature Classroom. Stay late to watch the stars come out and roast some marshmallows.
- Admission: $5 each aged 2 & up Cash or Check only please.
- Teachers and 3 family members get in free!
- See more FREE Teacher Events coming up here!
Vintage Wheels at the Fort – August 20 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Along with the over 70 expected vintage vehicles, children and parents will have the chance to take free rides in select vehicles, create crafts, and receive a free book. Location: Historic Fort Omaha, 5730 N 30th St, Omaha.
Ice Skating Open House – August 20 and 27
- Fun and free day of ice skating lessons, giveaways, and refreshments. (Skate rental is extra and is available at both locations.)
- Sunday, August 20th: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Motto McLean Ice Arena, 5015 S. 45 St. (Hitchcock Park, 45th & P)
- Sunday, August 27th: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m., Baxter Arena, 2425 S. 67th St (67th & Center)
WorldFest at the Omaha Children’s Museum – Sundays, August 20 & 27 (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Features Omaha’s sister cities around the world. Receive a “passport” to get it stamped at each area and enjoy each city’s activities, crafts, games, performances and traditional food tastings for their space.
- August 20: Visit Yantai, China; Xalapa, Mexico; and Siauliai, Lithuania.
- August 27: Visit Shizuoka, Japan; Naas, Ireland; and Braunschweig, Germany.
Solar Eclipse – August 21
- The Total Solar Eclipse is happening on August 21, 2017, and many communities in Nebraska have fun activities planned!
- Many Spraygrounds are open through Labor Day!
Find More SUMMER Fun in Omaha
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!