Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week: Summer Fun Guides
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
- Free Admission until its bloom cycle finishes. Follow The Amazing Stinko on Twitter for updates.
Family Fishing Night in Papillion – Halleck Lake – May 25 (6 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Look for their colorful fishing trailer where they will have rods and reels to borrow, bait and certified fishing instructors ready to help. No experience necessary.
- The event is free. All participants age 16 or older need a 2017 fishing permit if they fish at the event.
Salute To Summer Festival in La Vista – May 25 – 28
- Parade, Hot Wheels races, community cookout, fireworks, concert, family pool party, and more.
Loessfest in Council Bluffs at River’s Edge Park – May 26 – 29, FREE
- Concerts including KC and the Sunshine Band, Omaha Symphony, Fireworks, Movie in the Park, and more.
Take Aim at Summer at Platte River State Park – May 26 (4 – 8 p.m.)
- Bring your families for a fun evening at the range. Annual or Day Park Permit required.
Starlight Movie Series at Sumtur Amphitheater – May 26 (9 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy free family movies under the stars. All movies are scheduled around ticketed events and dates may change. Gates open at 3:30 p.m. for School’s Out for Summer.
- May 26, 2017 – 9:00 p.m.: Moana
Helicopter Day at SAC Aerospace Museum – May 27 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Helicopters begin landing promptly at 10 a.m. and visitors can watch while these choppers fly over the horizon and land right in front of them. Inside the Museum will be a drone workshop, family friendly activities and make-and-take projects! Regular admission applies for indoor activities.
- In case of inclement weather, the contingency day for this event is June 3.
Summer Reading Program Kick Off Parties at Omaha Public Libraries – May 26 – 27, FREE
- W. Dale Clark Main Library: Friday, May 26, 2017; 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- All other branches: Saturday, May 27, 2016; 1 – 3 p.m.
Who is ready for some Water Fun this Summer?
- Many Spraygrounds open Memorial Day (City of Omaha opens May 30th.)
- Some Pools and Waterparks open this Weekend including Fun-Plex!
Find More SUMMER Fun in Omaha
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!