Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Sponsor of the Week:
Special thanks to for the Craft and Vendor Show at Westside Community Conference Center for sponsoring this weekend’s Top Picks!
- Craft and Vendor Show Make a day of it!! Shop, eat and then visit with some of the rescue dogs that will be making an appearance. A variety of items will be cash & carry – 60+ crafters and direct sales reps, yummy coffee and BBQ sandwiches. There is sure to be something for everyone! Find out more here!
Popular this Week: Fall Fun Guide and Free Halloween Events
Enter to Win
- NEW! – Enter to WIN four free passes to Super Hero Day at the SAC Museum during their Planes, Trains, & Autos event on October 7, 2017 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Enter to WIN a Free Drone and Family Pass for Four to the SAC Museum Drone Expo on September 30 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.).
- NEW! – Enter to WIN 2 Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and discover helpful tips for visiting including what’s new in 2017!
- NEW! – Enter to WIN a Family Fun Pack to Urban Air Adventure Park!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Centris Movie Night and Carnival at Werner Park – Sept. 22 (6 – 9 p.m.), FREE
- A carnival will be held at 6 p.m. prior to the start of the showing of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at 7:30 p.m. Bring blankets and join in on the field at Werner Park to watch this classic movie. While the event is free, guests are encouraged to RSVP here:
Museum Day Live! – Sept. 23
- Free Admission for two to Participating Museums with Museum Day Live! ticket (including El Museo Latino, University of Nebraska State Museum – Morrill Hall, and many others statewide!)
National Alpaca Farm Day Open House – Sept. 23 – 24 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.); FREE
- Free Open House where visitors can roam the pastures with the alpacas. Carrots are provided for visitors to feed the alpacas.
Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard Kite Festival: Midwest Winds Kitefliers – Sept. 23 – 24 (12 – 4 p.m.)
- View Kites of all shape and sizes. Location: Ditmars Orchard & Vineyard, 19475 225th Street, Council Bluffs.
Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch – September 9 – October 31, 2017
- Skinny Bones’ 10-acre corn maze is their most popular attraction. Activities also include the Pee Wee Maze, giant jump pillow, pedal karts, hayrack ride, bonfires, the pumpkin patch, and more!
- Spend the day exploring the Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure and picking apples!
PinPoint Discount Day at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch: Sunday, Sept. 24 (9 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Visit the PinPoint booth in front of the admissions barn from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. to receive your coupon for a 2 for 1 (BOGO) admission to Vala’s. Members must present a valid PinPoint Card to be scanned by a PinPoint team member to receive a BOGO coupon. Limit of one (1) BOGO coupon per valid PinPoint Card. BOGO coupons are only valid for the day of event and have no cash value. Normal admission price day of event is $14.25 + tax. Download the PinPoint app (Apple or Android) or visit www.PinPointRewards.com to sign up for a free PinPoint membership.
Student Celebration Day – Sept. 24 (1 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Festive community event to celebrate education and promote unity among K-12 students all across the city. Location: Elmwood Park, 808 S 60th St, Omaha.
More Helpful Resources
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!