Looking for Things to Do this Labor Day Weekend?
Enjoy Labor Day Weekend Events in Omaha including the Labor Day Parade, La Festa Italiana, SeptemberFest, and more!
It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change.
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Omaha Labor Day Weekend 2019 Events
1) Last Blast of Summer – Aug. 29 (5:30 – 8 p.m.), FREE Admission & Parking
- Enjoy live music, food trucks, kid’s activities, and more.
- Location: Downtown Ralston, 7700 Main Street, Ralston, NE.
2) La Festa Italiana – Aug. 30 – Sept. 1
- Enjoy authentic Italian food, wine, beer, fireworks (Friday and Sunday) and dancing under the stars. Children’s activities include face painting, photo opps, balloon sculptors, a magician, painting easels, and bounce houses.
- Tickets: $5.50 advanced purchase, $7 at the door, children under 12 are free with an adult.
- Location: Il Palazzo, 132nd & Fort. Limited handicap parking available onsite. Free parking at Kelley Fields 126th St. and Fort St. Free shuttle provided to the event.
3) SeptemberFest Omaha – Aug. 30 – Sept. 2
- Four days of entertainment, educational and artistic displays, a carnival, and parade.
- Admission is $7 per person, per day; children under 5 admitted free.
- Location: Century Link Center Omaha, PARKING LOT D, 455 North 10th St., Omaha, NE. There will be free parking at Gallup with a free shuttle to and from the event.
- Labor Day Parade – Monday, Sept. 2nd, at 10 a.m. in Downtown Omaha.
4) Labor Day Weekend Summer Classics at Marcus Theatres – Aug. 30 – Sept. 2, $6 Tickets
- Choose from The Goonies and Jerassic Park. Participating theaters include Majestic-Omaha, Twin Creek, Village Pointe.
5) Living History Weekend at Fort Atkinson State Historical Park – Aug. 31 – Sept. 1 (10 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.), FREE with Park Permit
- Experience where volunteers portray life at an 1820’s military fort.
- A Park Entry Permit is required. An admission fee of $2 per person (ages 13+) & $1 for children (under age 3 is free) is required for the Visitor Center.
- Location: Fort Atkinson State Historical Park, 201 S. 7th St., Fort Calhoun, NE.
6) Labor Day Festival at Bass Pro Shop – Aug. 31 – Sept. 1
- Fun activities include kid’s activities, free samples of funnel cake and apple cobbler, free hot dogs, cooking seminars, and more.
- See schedule of events here.
- Location: Bass Pro Shops, 2901 Bass Pro Dr., Council Bluffs, IA.
7) Bayliss Park Block Party – August 31 (3 – 10 p.m.)
- Join Council Bluffs Parks and Recreation for a free event with a lineup of activities the whole family will enjoy!
- Location: Bayliss Park, 100 Pearl St., Council Bluffs, IA.
8) SeptemberFest Labor Day Parade – Monday, Sept. 2 (10 a.m.), FREE
- Watch flag carrying honor guards, marching bands, labor unions, businesses, floats, animals, horses, clowns and roaming artists in Downtown Omaha.
- Location: The SeptemberFest parade starts at 16th St. and Cass St., travels south on 16th St. to Capitol Ave., continues east on Capitol to 10th St. and concludes by proceeding north on 10th St. to Mike Fahey St.
9) Omahawks Labor Day Air Show – Sept. 2 (11:45 a.m. – 4 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy watching radio-controlled planes & their operators show off their skills benefiting Make-A-Wish.
- Location: Standing Bear Lake Park at 138th St. and Fort St., Omaha, NE.
10) More Ideas for Labor Day Weekend Fun!
- Many Spraygrounds are open through Labor Day!
- Nebraska Passport Program
- Members of Omaha, Council Bluffs, and Bellevue Public Libraries can check out passes to Fontenelle Forest
- Members of Omaha Public Libraries can check out passes to Lauritzen Gardens
Outside of Omaha
11) Nebraska State Fair – Aug. 23 – Sept. 2
- The Nebraska State Fair is an annual 11-day event that is held at the end of August through early September, ending on Labor Day. The fair is hosted at Fonner Park in Grand Island, NE.
Find More SUMMER Fun in Omaha
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!