Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
PLEASE NOTE: As things continue to change during this time, it is always a good idea to verify details before visiting.
FREE Omaha Area Spraygrounds and Splash Parks:
Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily from Memorial Day (May 30, 2022) through Labor Day (September 5, 2022).
- Benson Park, 7002 Military Ave.
- Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, 705 Riverfront Dr. (TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE)
- Fontenelle Park Sprayground, 4405 Fontenelle Blvd.
- Kountze Sprayground, 1920 Pinkney St.
- Levi Carter Park Sprayground, 809 Carter Lake Shore Dr.
- Miller Sprayground, 2707 Redick Ave.
- Morton Park Sprayground, 5724 S. 41st St.
- Orchard Park Sprayground, 6502 Hartman Ave.
- Seymour Smith ALL PLAY Park, 6802 Harrison St.
- Upland Sprayground, 3104 Jefferson St. (CLOSED FOR RENOVATION)
- Westwood Heights Sprayground, 12334 Seldin Dr.
In the neighborhood off of 108th and Harrison. (7419 S. 101st Ave., La Vista, NE.)
Approximately 189th & Q, Omaha, NE. [5316 S. 189th St.]
Water playground, plaza, trail, and picnic areas. (E. Graham Ave. and Park Entrance) Open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily during the summer months.
Splash pads usually open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Eagle Ridge Splash Pad – 2 blocks east of 66th St. and Ashwood Ave. in the Eagle Ridge subdivision. The splash pad is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Schwer Park Splash Pad – 800 W. Centennial Rd. The splash pad is open from noon to 7 p.m.
- First Street Plaza Splash Pad – This is a small water feature located on the corner of First St. and Washington St. in downtown Papillion. It is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
All Splash Pads are open daily, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Ronin Park – 17th and Somers Ave.
- Miller Park – Jackson St. and “M” St.
- Ruwe Park – 5th & Howard St.
- Van Anda Park – Linden St. and Pebble St.
- John C. Fremont – 9th and Broad St.
A small outdoor water play area that is typically open from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day.
100 Pearl St., Council Bluffs, IA. The is a small interactive water component incorporated into the north side of the plaza. This is a small 12′ diameter area with child-activated sprays that emanate from the plaza floor.
6th St. and Vine St. Usually open 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Located at 12th and Redick Blvd.
Shadow Lake Towne Center Splash Pad – TBD for 2022
The spray ground opens Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day, but will not be available during special events.
Stinson Park at Aksarben Village – TBD for 2022
Fun little water fountains provide big entertainment.
Platte River State Park Spray and Splash Park
- A state-of-the-art two-tiered splash pad with three water slides, a waterfall, dump bucks, a fountain, and more. The upper level is designed for younger children while the lower level is designed for older kids.
- Admission charged. Usually open noon-6 p.m. daily from Memorial Day through mid-August, then from noon – 6 p.m. on weekends only until Labor Day. Daily or annual State Park permit required.
Alaskan Adventure Splash Pad at the Omaha Zoo – included with Admission
The Alaskan Adventure Splash Pad offers an excellent way for zoo visitors to cool off during a hot summer day. Be sure to bring a change of clothes. This is included with admission to the Zoo and is located near the north entrance.
Hours are weather-permitting.
Have a splashy fun summer!
Other helpful resources: