Omaha is a wonderful city filled with many fun activities for families to do! Discover new attractions or revisit favorites with this comprehensive local resource for family-friendly activities, events, and attractions in Omaha, including many Free options!
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Looking for the highlights? Visit the Top 10 Things to Do with Kids in Omaha!
Find more Summer Fun here!
Jump Directly to your Favorite Activity!
- SAVE on Family Fun with Current Discounts on Groupon & Living Social
- Birthday Party Places
- Bounce Houses
- Calendar of Events
- Council Bluffs Fun
- Creative Arts Classes and Programs
- Dance Classes
- FALL Fun Guide
- Free Family Activities
- Free Indoor Fun
- Free Kids Programs
- Hiking and Walking Trails in the Omaha Area
- Holiday Event Guide
- Ice Skating
- Indoor Fun
- Kids Calendar
- Kids Programs
- Movie Theaters and IMAX
- Museums & Planetariums
- Musical and Theater
- Nature Centers and Zoos
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Pumpkin Patches, Orchards, and Corn Mazes
- Special Places of Interest
- Sports & Recreation
- Spraygrounds and Splash Parks
- SPRING Fun Guide
- Summer Camps
- FREE Summer Fun in Omaha
- SUMMER Fun Guide
- Water Parks & Beaches
- Weekend Fun
- WINTER Fun Guide
- Find a variety of options for a FUN birthday party in the Omaha Area including The Arts, Kids Entertainers, Indoor or Outdoor Fun, Specialty, and Swimming/Waterpark Parties!
- Discover many Indoor Play Centers in the Omaha Area that provide a great option for active play during cold and snowy weather or hot summer days with inflatables, laser tag, arcade games, roller skating, trampolines, and more. Pictured: Mahoney State Park Activity Center
- Kids Bowl Free
- alley V Omaha
- Chops Bowl
- ICC Bowlatorium
- Leopard Lanes
- Maplewood Lanes
- Mockingbird Lanes
- Papio Bowl
- The MARK
- West Lanes
- Western Bowl
- Wildcat Lanes
- Let your kids express their creativity with drop-in crafting, kids classes, or free workshops through a variety of art classes and programs in the Omaha Area!
- Choose from a variety of Kids Dance Classes in the Omaha area including Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, and more!
- Fall Family Fun Guide – Pumpkin Patches, Halloween Events, Fall Festival, + more!
- Enjoy several indoor and outdoor options to go ice skating in the Omaha Area!
Help your kids explore, create, learn, discover, and play with many kids programs in Omaha.
- Blocks & Bricks Learning Adventure
- Bricks 4 Kidz
- Hummel Park Nature Center
- Kidz Cook with Joy
- Michaels Kids Club
- Mud Pies Preschool Program at Fontenelle Forest
- Choose from a variety of free or inexpensive programs for kids in the Omaha area!
Movie Theaters and IMAX
- FREE Movies this Summer
- Aksarben Cinema
- AMC Theaters – Oakview, Westroads, Star (Council Bluffs)
- Lozier IMAX® Theater at the Omaha Zoo
- Marcus Theatres – 20 Grand, Midtown, Twin Creek, Village Pointe
- Regal Omaha Stadium 16 Theater
- Westwood 8 Cinemas
Museums & Planetariums
Enjoy these unique, fun, and educational museums in and around Omaha.
- The Durham Museum
- General Crook House – FREE (suggested donation)
- Joslyn Art Museum and Sculpture Garden – FREE
- Omaha Children’s Museum
- Public Shows at Kountze Planetarium at UNO
- Strategic Air and Space Museum
- Union Pacific Railroad Museum – FREE
Musical and Theater
Take your children to a musical or theater production geared toward children or enroll them in music or acting classes and watch their imaginations soar.
- Baby Maestro
- Big Canvas Improv Shows and Classes
- Holland Performing Arts Center
- Omaha Community Playhouse
- Orpheum Theater
- The Rose Theater
- Sumtur Amphitheater
Nature Centers and Zoos
Get outside and take in the beauty of nature, or explore our world-renowned zoo with various programs throughout the year.
- Fontenelle Forest
- Hummel Park Nature Center
- Lauritzen Gardens
- Neale Woods Nature Center
- Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium
- Wildlife Safari Park
Parks & Playgrounds
Get outside and enjoy the many state, local and neighborhood parks across Omaha. Let the kids run and play on the playgrounds, take a hike along the trails, or bring along a Frisbee or ball and have a game of catch. There’s no shortage of outdoor fun to be had!
- Ak-Sar-Ben Aquarium (near Louisville) – FREE
- ALLPLAY Complex at Seymour Smith Park (6802 Harrison Street)
- Chalco Hills Recreation Area / Wehrspann Lake (154th and Giles Road)
- DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge (Missouri Valley, IA)
- Gene Leahy Mall
- Glenn Cunningham Lake (8305 Rainwood Road)
- Halleck Park (Papillion)
- Heartland of America Park
- Lake Zorinsky (3808 S 156th St)
- Lakeside Hills Park (173rd and Francis behind Lakeside Hospital)
- Lawrence Youngman Lake (192nd and Dodge)
- Mahoney State Park
- Memorial Park
- Omaha Parks
- OPPD Arboretum (108th & Blondo)
- Platte River State Park
- Schramm Park State Recreation Area (near Louisville)
- Schwer Park (Papillion)
- Standing Bear Lake (6404 N 132nd St)
- Stinson Park at Aksarben Village
- Walnut Creek Recreation Area, Papillion (SW of Highway 370 and 96th Street)
Special Places of Interest
- Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge – FREE
- First Friday Old Market – First Friday of each month, 6-9pm, FREE
- Holy Family Shrine – FREE
- Hot Shops Art Center
- Kenefick Park – FREE
- Lewis and Clark Landing – FREE
- The Old Market – FREE
- Visit huge exhibits of ‘stuffed’ animals at Bass Pro Shop or Cabela’s – FREE
Sports & Recreation
Whether you prefer watching others play or you like to get in the action yourself, there are plenty of sports options in Omaha.
- Boulder Creek
- Mt. Crescent Ski Area
- The Neighborhood Offshore Outfitter
- Omaha Community Centers
- Omaha Storm Chasers
- Papio Fun Park
- Salvation Army Kroc Center
- Skating at SkateDaze and Skate City, Bellevue
- YMCA of Greater Omaha
- Find many Spraygrounds and Splash Parks in the Omaha area to stay cool on a hot summer day!
- The Bookworm Storytime for Preschoolers
- Pottery Barn Kids Storytimes
- Barnes and Noble Preschool Storytimes
- Public Libraries: Omaha, Bellevue, Gretna, LaVista, Sump Memorial Library in Papillion, Baright Public Library in Ralston
- Omaha Area Summer Camp Guide – Choose from The Arts, Academic, Outdoor Fun, Specialty & Sports Camps!
- Choose from a variety of Swim Lessons in the Omaha Area held at many indoor and outdoor pools!
- Enjoy many water parks and swimming pools in the Omaha Area!
- Winter Family Fun Guide – Holiday Events, Ice Skating, Indoor Fun, + more!
Other Helpful Resources:
We are so blessed to live in such an amazing city!