Omaha is a wonderful city filled with many fun activities for families to do! Discover new attractions or revisit favorites with this comprehensive local resource for family-friendly activities, events, and attractions in Omaha, including many Free options!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Looking for the highlights? Visit the Top 10 Things to Do with Kids in Omaha!
Jump Directly to your Favorite Activity!
- Birthday Party Places
- Bounce Houses
- Creative Arts Classes and Programs
- Dance Classes
- FALL Fun Guide
- FREE Family Activities
- FREE Halloween Events
- FREE Indoor Fun
- FREE Kids Programs
- Halloween Fun Guide
- Hiking and Walking Trails in the Omaha Area
- Holiday Event Guide
- HOLIDAY Family Fun Guide
- Ice Skating
- Indoor Fun
- Kids Guides and Directories
- Kids Programs
- Movie Theaters and IMAX
- Museums & Planetariums
- Musical and Theater
- Nature Centers and Zoos
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes
- Special Places of Interest
- Sports & Recreation
- Spraygrounds and Splash Parks
- SPRING Fun Guide
- Summer Camps
- FREE Summer Fun in Omaha
- SUMMER Fun Guide
- Water Parks
- WINTER Fun Guide
Birthday Party Places
- Find a variety of options for a FUN birthday party in the Omaha Area including The Arts, Kids Entertainers, Indoor or Outdoor Fun, Specialty, and Swimming/Waterpark Parties!
Bounce Houses and Indoor Fun
- Discover many Indoor Play Centers in the Omaha Area that provide a great option for active play during cold and snowy weather or hot summer days with inflatables, laser tag, arcade games, roller skating, trampolines, and more. Pictured: Mahoney State Park Activity Center
10+ FREE Things to Do for Indoor Fun
Creative Art Classes and Programs
- Let your kids express their creativity with drop-in crafting, kids classes, or free workshops through a variety of art classes and programs in the Omaha Area!
- Choose from a variety of Kids Dance Classes in the Omaha area including Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, and more!
Fall Family Fun Guide
- Fall Family Fun Guide – Pumpkin Patches, Halloween Events, Fall Festival, + more!
- Enjoy several indoor and outdoor options to go ice skating in the Omaha Area!
- Find a variety of options for Kids Classes and Programs in the Omaha Area including Art, Dance, Music, Sports, Specialty Classes, and Swimming Lessons!
Free Kids Programs in Omaha
- Choose from a variety of free or inexpensive programs for kids in the Omaha area!
Musical and Theater
Take your children to a musical or theater production geared toward children or enroll them in music or acting classes and watch their imaginations soar.
Help your children explore their musical talents through singing lessons, piano classes, learning to play an instrument, and more in a variety of Music classes and programs in the Omaha Area here!
- Big Canvas Improv Shows and Classes
- Holland Performing Arts Center
- Omaha Community Playhouse
- Orpheum Theater
- The Rose Theater
- Sumtur Amphitheater
Parks & Playgrounds
Get outside and enjoy the many state, local and neighborhood parks across Omaha. Let the kids run and play on the playgrounds, take a hike along the trails, or bring along a Frisbee or ball and have a game of catch. There’s no shortage of outdoor fun to be had!
- ALLPLAY Complex at Seymour Smith Park (6802 Harrison Street)
- Chalco Hills Recreation Area / Wehrspann Lake (154th and Giles Road)
- DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge (Missouri Valley, IA)
- Dream Playground (Lake Manawa State Park, Council Bluffs, IA)
- Gene Leahy Mall
- Glenn Cunningham Lake (8305 Rainwood Road)
- Halleck Park (Papillion)
- Heartland of America Park
- Lake Zorinsky (3808 S 156th St)
- Lakeside Hills Park (173rd and Francis behind Lakeside Hospital)
- Lawrence Youngman Lake (192nd and Dodge)
- Mahoney State Park
- Memorial Park
- Omaha Parks
- OPPD Arboretum (108th & Blondo)
- Platte River State Park
- Schramm Park State Recreation Area (near Louisville)
- Schwer Park (Papillion)
- Standing Bear Lake (6404 N 132nd St)
- Stinson Park at Aksarben Village
- Walnut Creek Recreation Area, Papillion (SW of Highway 370 and 96th Street)
Special Places of Interest
- Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge – FREE
- First Friday Old Market – First Friday of each month, 6-9pm, FREE
- Holy Family Shrine – FREE
- Hot Shops Art Center
- Kenefick Park – FREE
- Lewis and Clark Landing – FREE
- The Old Market – FREE
- Visit huge exhibits of ‘stuffed’ animals at Bass Pro Shop or Cabela’s – FREE
Kids Sports Programs
- Soccer, gymnastics, volleyball, basketball, and many more Kids Sports Programs in the Omaha Area!
Spraygrounds and Splash Parks
- Find many Spraygrounds and Splash Parks in the Omaha area to stay cool on a hot summer day!
- Omaha Area Summer Camp Guide – Choose from The Arts, Academic, Outdoor Fun, Specialty & Sports Camps!
- Choose from a variety of Swim Lessons in the Omaha Area held at many indoor and outdoor pools!
Water Parks and Swimming Pools
- Enjoy many water parks and swimming pools in the Omaha Area!
Winter Family Fun Guide
- Winter Family Fun Guide – Holiday Events, Ice Skating, Indoor Fun, + more!
Other Helpful Resources:
- Omaha Area Kids Guides and Directories
- Save on Family Fun with local Groupon Discounts
- Kids Eat Free
We are so blessed to live in such an amazing city!