Discover Outdoor Fun in the Omaha Area that provide a great option for active play outdoors including Hiking Trails, Footgolf, Mini Golf, Nature Centers and Zoos, Outdoor Play Centers, Parks, Playgrounds, Water Fun, and more!
→ Find additional options in the Omaha Area Kids Guides and Directories here!
Businesses: To add or feature your listing, please email us with the details.
Join our growing community and keep updated on Family-Friendly EVENTS EACH WEEKEND plus more Omaha Fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Jump to your favorite Outdoor Activity:
- FEATURED Outdoor Activities
- Free Outdoor Summer Movies
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
- Hiking and Walking Trails
- Ice Skating
- Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards
- Mini Golf
- Nature Centers and Zoos
- Outdoor Play Centers
- Specialty Outdoor Fun
- Spraygrounds and Splash Parks
- Summer Concerts
Featured Outdoor Activities
Come Celebrate at Fontenelle Forest! Animal Encounters, Raptor Visits, Guided Hikes, Birdhouse Decorating, Indoor Play Area, Outdoor Play Area and More. ADA accessible.
Papio Bay Aquatic Center
Visit one of America’s best pools right here in town! Papillion’s own Papio Bay Aquatic Center has over 5 acres of swimming and outdoor fun. Swim Lessons available. Birthday party packages for up to 30 kids.
Footgolf in Omaha
- FootGolf is a fun activity for the entire family, and players can choose from two Footgolf courses in the Omaha Area!
Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
- The NEW Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course is now open at Mahoney State Park!
- Are you looking for an exciting adventure? Experience this High Ropes Adventure Course full of exciting challenges, fun obstacles, and thrilling ziplines!
- During the Winter, enjoy a variety of Outdoor Ice Skating options in the Omaha Area.
Hiking and Walking Trails in Omaha
- Enjoy many Hiking and Walking Trails in the Omaha Area with kids!
Mini Golf in Omaha
- With many putt putt golf courses in Omaha both indoor and outdoor, there are a variety of options to play mini golf!
Nature Centers and Zoos
Parks in the Omaha Area
- In addition to our Favorite Playgrounds, there are a variety of Parks in the Omaha Area:
- ALLPLAY Complex at Seymour Smith Park (6802 Harrison Street)
- Chalco Hills Recreation Area / Wehrspann Lake (154th and Giles Road)
- DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge (Missouri Valley, IA)
- Gene Leahy Mall
- Glenn Cunningham Lake (8305 Rainwood Road)
- Halleck Park (Papillion)
- Heartland of America Park
- Lake Zorinsky (3808 S 156th St)
- Lakeside Hills Park (173rd and Francis behind Lakeside Hospital)
- Lawrence Youngman Lake (192nd and Dodge)
- Mahoney State Park
- Memorial Park
- Omaha Parks
- OPPD Arboretum (108th & Blondo)
- Platte River State Park
- Schramm Park State Recreation Area (near Louisville)
- Schwer Park (Papillion)
- Standing Bear Lake (6404 N 132nd St)
- Stinson Park at Aksarben Village
- Walnut Creek Recreation Area, Papillion (SW of Highway 370 and 96th Street)
- Omaha is full of neighborhood parks with walking trails, playgrounds, swings, picnic areas, and more, including several with mud-free options!
Specialty Outdoor Fun
Water Fun in Omaha
- Stay cool with a variety of options for Water Fun in Omaha including Splash Pads, Indoor and Outdoor Waterparks, Pools, and more in Omaha!
More Helpful Resources: