Omaha is FULL of FREE or inexpensive family activities and events this summer!
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Jump directly to your favorite FREE summer activity!
- Community Celebrations
- Family Fishing Events
- Farmer’s Markets
- Hydrant Parties
- Indoor Fun
- Kids Bowl Free
- Kids Programs
- Kids Skate Free
- Movies – Indoor
- Movies – Outdoor
- Nebraska’s Great Park Pursuit
- Special Events
- Spraygrounds and Splash Parks
- Summer Concerts
- Summer Reading Programs
- Enjoy parades, community cookouts, games, dances, live music, fireworks, plus more at many Omaha Area Community Celebrations!
Family Fishing Events
- Choose from many Family Fishing Events all Summer!
- Find many Farmers Markets in the Omaha Area, where local vendors sell fresh, locally grown produce, baked goods, and flowers, and often host special events.
- Stay cool on hot, summer day with Hydrant Parties in Omaha and Council Bluffs!
- 10+ FREE things to do for Indoor Fun in Omaha to enjoy on those hot or rainy summer days!
Kids Bowl Free
- Register your children for Kids Bowl Free and they will receive two free games every day all summer! (Shoe rental may be required.) Parents can purchase a family pass, if they wish, so they can bowl with their kids.
Free Kids Programs
- Enjoy many free or inexpensive Kids Programs in the Omaha Area including arts and crafts, building programs, special storytimes, Kids Clubs, plus more!
Kids Skate Free
- A nationwide program that offers free skating all summer long. In Omaha, this includes SkateDaze! Passes valid for children 12 years old and younger. (Skate rental extra.) Register to begin receiving your skating passes!
Movies – Indoor
- Find many Free or cheap Indoor Movies in the Omaha Area in theaters all summer! These movies usually fill up quickly so arrive early to get a seat! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
Movies – Outdoor
- Find many Free Outdoor Movies under the stars, Kids Film Series, and more all Summer in the Omaha Area!
Nebraska’s Great Park Pursuit
- The Nebraska Great Park Pursuit (GPP) encourages participants to visit up to 20 GPP sites located across Nebraska between May 1 and September 18, 2017. Players follow clues that will lead them to a GPP post, where they use a pencil to make an impression of the post to prove they were there. Prizes and entry into drawings are based on the number of impressions collected. Park entry permit may be required.
- Sand in the City – June 10 – 11
- College World Series Fan Fest – June 16 – 27/28 (Opening Celebration Day and CWS Fan Fest)
- Bank of the West Celebrates America – June 30
- Railroad Days – July 15-16, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Although not free, it is a wonderful deal with purchase of an All Aboard Pass for $15/family (limit 2 adults ) which includes admission and transportation to all locations – Durham Museum, Lauritzen Gardens, Union Pacific Railroad Museum, RailsWest Railroad Museum, and the Historic General Dodge House.)
- World O! Water – TBA
Spraygrounds and Splash Parks
- Omaha has many Fun and Free Spraygrounds and Splash Parks to stay cool on a hot summer day!
- Enjoy many FREE Summer Concerts, perfect for relaxing on a warm summer evening!
Summer Reading Programs
- FREE local and national summer reading programs available for kids and teens, with great rewards and prizes!
Have a wonderful summer!
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.