Celebrate with many surrounding communities and enjoy fun activities. Many of the events are free – and definitely fun!
Even though the celebrations will look a little different this year, organizers have been busy planning a variety of fun activities!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Summer Fun Guides:
**Please Note: It is always a good idea to verify event information as they are subject to change.
2021 Community Celebrations and Parades
Celebrate CB – May 11 – 15
- Black Squirrel Scavenger Hunt, Farmers Market, Wellness Wednesday on the Trails, and more!
- Location: Bayliss Park, 100 Pearl St., Council Bluffs, IA.
Salute To Summer Festival in La Vista – May 27 – 29
- Hometown Heroes event, fireworks display, the Salute to Summer Express, and more!
Elkhorn Days – June 2 – 6
- Four days filled with fun, including family fun fests, a parade, Pancake Feed, craft fair, fireworks, and more.
Bennington Daze – June 4 – 5
- The weekend features a Community Picnic, BBQ and Corn Hole Tournaments, Parade, Fireworks, and more.
Blair’s Gateway to the West Days – June 10 – 13
- Gateway to the West Food Fest, Gateway June Jam, car show, craft/vendor fair, and parade.
- Location: 1646 Washington St., Blair, NE.
Springfield Days – June 12
- Hometown Parade, Kiddie Parade, kids games, Beer Garden, and fireworks.
Papillion Days – June 17 – 20
- Three days of festivities include a Market in the Park, Parade and Kiddie Parade, Carnival, Beer Fest, and a fireworks show.
- Enjoy Ralston’s annual Independence Day parade in the morning followed by a nighttime fireworks display.
John C. Fremont Days – July 9 – 11
- A family fun festival celebrating history. Festivities being planned include a Parade, Rodeo, children’s games and some sporting activities, and more.
Gretna Days – July 29 – Aug. 1
- Family fun days include a Carnival, Golf Tournament, Fireworks Show, Kids Pedal Tractor Pull, Community Picnic, Inner Tube Races, and more.
Benson Days – July 30 – Aug. 1
- Benson Days is a family-friendly summer festival that celebrates our neighborhood’s creative culture. Enjoy Movie Night in Gallagher Park, Historical Building Tour, Bike Ride, and more fun stuff to come.
Valley Days – Aug. 13 – 15
- This multi-day event typically features a Parade, kids activities in the park, Car and Craft Shows, Pedal Tractor Pull, and more.
Arrows to Aerospace (Bellevue, NE) – Aug. 20 – 21
- This multi-day community event typically includes a Parade, children’s activities, entertainment, food, and more.
- Location: Washington Park, Franklin St., Bellevue, NE.
Dundee Day – Aug. 21
- This family-friendly street festival celebrates and highlights the Dundee neighborhood with a Parade, Dundee Dash 5k Run, arts and crafts vendors, Book Sale, Pancake Breakfast, Food Trucks, Live Music, and a Beer Garden.
Millard Days – August 24-29, 2021
- This community event typically includes a Parade, Car Show, Carnival, and more.
Plattsmouth Harvest Festival – Sept. 9 – 12
- Four days of pageantry, activities, and celebrations for the entire family.
TBA for 2021:
Florence Days – TBA
- Florence celebrates its heritage each year with a parade and many other activities.
- Parade, festival, and car show.
- Loessfest is an annual celebration of all of the great things happening in Council Bluffs, as well as the area’s unique landscape.
- Location: Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park, located at the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, 4200 Avenue B, Council Bluffs, IA.
- Heritage Days is a 2-day event held at the Fort Atkinson State Historical Park in Ft. Calhoun, NE.
Find more Helpful Resources:
Love this? Pin it here: