I remember participating in the Summer Reading Program when I was little and loved sitting outside on warm days curled up with a book. This summer, engage your kids in many of the wonderful local and national summer reading programs available for kids and teens, with great rewards and prizes.
>>Discover more Free Summer Activities in Omaha including movies, concerts, fishing events, spraygrounds, and more!<<
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Bellevue Public Library – May 26 – July 20, 2019
- Early sign-up for 2019 Summer Library programs for children and young adults, “A Universe of Stories,” from May 20-25.
Gretna Public Library – Begins June 1, 2019
- Summer Reading Program for infants – grade 5, teens, and adults.
La Vista Public Library – June 3 – August 2, 2019
- Many fun events planned all Summer!
Omaha Public Library – June 1 – July 31, 2019
- Summer Reading Program for kids, teens, and adults.
- Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Parties
- Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch Library: Friday, May 31, 2019; 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- W. Dale Clark Main Library: Friday, May 31, 2019; 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- All other branches: Saturday, June 1, 2019; 1 – 3 p.m.
- MANY great programs throughout the summer including music, magic, animals, arts and crafts, games, science, and costumed character visits. Visit the Omaha Public Library 2019 Summer Reading Program Guide for detailed information.
Papillion – Sump Memorial Library – Begins May 28, 2019
- Summer Reading Program for youth (birth – 6th grade), teens (7th – 12th grade), and adults.
- Enjoy many special events all summer.
Ralston – Baright Public Library – May 28 – July 31, 2019
- Join the Summer Reading Program with many special events! Some events will require advanced registration.
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program – May – August 31, 2019
- Your child can earn a FREE book from the selection on the Reading Journal list after reading 8 books and recording them in their Summer Reading Journal. Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between August 1 – 31, 2019.
Half Price Books Feed Your Brain® Summer Reading Program – June – July, 2019
- Kids 14 and under can earn Bookworm Bucks for reading in June and July. Use their log to keep track of time. Once you’ve reached 300 minutes or more, bring your reading log into your local HPB store to claim your Bookworm Bucks on or before August 29, 2019.
- Local HPB: 12355 W. Center Rd., Omaha, NE.
Scholastic Summer Challenge: Happy Camper – May 6 – September 6, 2019
- The Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge™ is a free online reading program for children. Read and log minutes all summer, and unlock stories & earn rewards.