You had a fun day planned full of outdoor activities and then it rained, or was too windy or cold or hot to be outside for very long. Luckily, Omaha is full of family-friendly fun both indoors and outdoors!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
PLEASE NOTE: As things continue to change during this time, it is always a good idea to verify details before visiting.
10+ FREE Things to Do Indoors in Omaha:
1. Explore the ArtWorks interactive space at Joslyn Art Museum. We recently visited for the first time and the kids loved all of the creative activities! While at the Museum, check out an Art Pack, a theme-based backpack to use as you explore the Museum galleries. (Closed Mondays and major holidays.)
4. Visit Boys Town including the Hall of History, Dowd Chapel, Father Flanagan House, and Leon Myers Stamp Center, and see the world’s largest ball of stamps.
7. Rent a Free Kids Movie at Family Video. They have a great selection where you can rent kids movies for free!
8. Visit your Local Library for storytimes, special events, or check out some books together. Join the Summer Reading Program and participate in many of the special activities!
- Public Libraries: Omaha, Bellevue, Gretna, LaVista, Sump Memorial Library in Papillion, Baright Public Library in Ralston
9. Visit the Do Space Technology Center and play in the Kids Room or take a Free Class including Littles Lab for ages 3-5. View and sign up for upcoming events here. Membership cards are Free and are now required for entry into Do Space classes and programs, so please bring your Do Space card with you to class. Location: 7205 Dodge Street, Omaha.
10. Discover Free Kids Programs in Omaha including crafts, building activities, storytimes, Kids Clubs, and more!
11. During the SUMMER, participate in the Nebraska Passport Program. Pick up your booklet and collect stamps at any one of 70 stops around Nebraska – many are in the Omaha area for a chance to win prizes.
For $5 or less:
- Visit an Omaha Community Center for open gym time with your little ones for as little as $1/adult, and special events throughout the year.
- Play in the big indoor play area at Mahoney State Park. ($3/person. Daily or Annual Park Entry Permit required.)
- Participate in the Kids Bowl Free (summer only).
- $5 Tuesdays at Marcus Theatres.
Find more fun here: