Looking for a little getaway with your family?
Choose from a variety of Road Trip ideas that are not too far from Omaha. Explore a new destination, go on an adventure, and create new memories with your family!
Pictured: Yankton, South Dakota
** Please Note: As things continue to change during this time, it is always a good idea to verify details, hours of operation, and any requirements or procedures for guests before visiting. Thank You!
Exciting Road Trips from Omaha
Visit Columbus, NE, and Platte County
Looking for family fun? Well, look no further! Visit, play, eat and stay in Columbus and Platte County.
VISIT a handful of our historical monuments, and picnic areas.
PLAY at one of our numerous parks or shop our historic downtown boutiques.
EAT at one of our “Only in Platte County” restaurants/food trucks or sports bars.
STAY at our local campgrounds, wander our recreation trails and enjoy breathtaking views at the lakes.
Centrally located between Lincoln, Grand Island and Omaha, we are excited to welcome you to Platte County and the Columbus Area! Come check out all we have to offer.
Lied Lodge and Arbor Day Farm
It’s more than a getaway. It’s the memories that follow you home.
Play in the trees on the one-of-a-kind Treetop Village®, hike wooded trails, explore a historic mansion, sip apple cider, pick apples in the fall, and more! Round out your adventure with an overnight stay at Lied Lodge and a splash in the expansive indoor pool.
Located less than an hour’s drive from Omaha and Lincoln. Plan your excursion today.
Grand Island, NE
(Approx. 2.5 hours from Omaha)
- Grand Island is great destination with kids with top attractions including the Stuhr Museum, Stolley Park, Mormon Island State Recreation Area, and the Island Oasis Water Park in Grand Island.
(Approx. 2:50 from Omaha)
- The Sandhill Crane Migration is an amazing site every Spring!
Nebraska City, NE
(Approx. 1 hour from Omaha)
(Approx. 3 hours from Omaha)
- Ashfall Fossil Beds State Historical Park is a fascinating Natural Landmark located right here in Nebraska!
- See complete skeletons of barrel-bodied rhinos, three-toed horses, llama-like camels, and sabre-tooth deer that were entombed in volcanic ash 12 million years ago. These skeletons are preserved for an amazing viewing and discovery experience!
(Approx. 2:30 from Omaha)
(Approx. 3:00 from Omaha)
- Live the lake life while visiting Okoboji with kids!
Storm Lake, IA
(Approx. 2:15 from Omaha)
- With a fun indoor and outdoor waterpark, King’s Pointe Waterpark Resort offers picturesque views right on Storm Lake.
(Approx. 4 hours from Omaha)
- Lost Island Waterpark – named one of the best waterparks in the country!
- Where to Stay and What to Do Near Lost Island Waterpark
Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO
(Approx. 3 hours from Omaha)
LONGER WEEKEND TRIPS FROM OMAHA
Colorado Springs, CO
(Approx. 8.5 hours from Omaha)
Minneapolis / St. Paul
Find More Helpful Resources: