Enjoy many FUN things to do over Thanksgiving Weekend in Omaha including Tree Lightings, Santa Events, Festivals, and more! Have a fun-filled Thanksgiving Break with these ideas!
Looking for more Holiday Fun? Find 40+ Holiday Events here!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
Find More Holiday Fun:
Things to Do Over Thanksgiving Weekend in Omaha
- Find the best Christmas Lights in Omaha full of beautifully decorated houses with bright lights, inflatables, decorations, and some with thousands of lights choreographed to music!
- Most open Thanksgiving Weekend.
- Choose from a variety of Christmas Tree Farms near Omaha that offer Choose and Cut your own Christmas Tree.
3. Santa’s Wonderland at Cabela’s and Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops – Nov. 6 – Dec. 24 [Free Advanced Registration Required]
- Santa’s Wonderland offers Contactless Claus visits, free Photo with Santa, and free take-home holiday craft activity kits.
- Advance reservations are required in all locations for Free Santa photo and can go quickly. Reserving is easy and free.
- Location: Cabela’s, 12703 Westport Pkwy., La Vista, NE and Bass Pro Shops, 2901 Bass Pro Dr., Council Bluffs, IA.
4. Season of Lights at Midtown Crossing – Nov. 14 – Feb. 14, FREE
- Stroll through tens of thousands of white LED lights strung throughout Turner Park and along Farnam Street. Plus, visit the beautifully decorated tree in Farnam Court.
- Location: Turner Park (31st Ave. and Farnam St.), Omaha, NE.
5. Tangier Shrine Feztival of Trees – Nov. 20 – 27 (closed on Thanksgiving), $2/person ages 13 and up (kids 12 & under are free)
- See the trees — and win the trees! Buy raffle tickets for $1 each and deposit your raffle ticket in the bucket for the tree — or trees — you want to win! One winner will be drawn for each tree, so there will be 60 winners! You win the tree, the decorations, and all the prizes that go along with it (each tree valued at a minimum of $500!).
- Location: Tangier Shrine Center, 2823 S. 84 St., Omaha, NE.
6. Holiday Poinsettia Show at Lauritzen Gardens – Nov. 20 – Jan. 3, 2022; (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily, closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day), Included with regular admission
- Thousands of poinsettias bursting with rich, vibrant color fill the floral display hall in a glowing tribute to the holidays during the spectacular holiday poinsettia show, Merry & Bright. In the center of it all, a magnificent and majestic 20-foot-tall poinsettia tree stands tall. Surrounded by festive foliage, glittering ornaments and the whir and whistle of model garden trains, this show evokes the warmest greetings of goodwill and cheer.
- Experience a multitude of festive delights during Bright Nights, as flowers and foliage combine with light to make the season Merry & Bright!
- Location: Lauritzen Gardens, 100 Bancroft St. Omaha.
7. Holiday Lights Festival – Nov. 22 – Jan 3
- Old Market and North and South Omaha Lighting Displays, plus many events throughout the season.
8. Holiday Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Various dates Nov. 23 – Jan. 4
- $4 per person and skate rental is included.
- Location: 5015 S. 45th St., Omaha, NE.
9. Meet Santa’s Reindeer at Mulhalls – Nov. 24 – Dec. 19
- Dasher and Dancer will arrive on Wednesday, November 24th and are available to visit anytime during store hours until they leave again on Sunday, December 19th.
- Location: Mulhalls, 3615 N. 120th St., Omaha, NE.
10. Tree Lighting & Holiday Parade at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Nov. 24 (6 p.m.), FREE
- Kick off the holiday season with a spectacular holiday parade and the lighting of the Christmas tree in the center of Main Street with Santa, along with all of his friends.
- Location: Shadow Lake Towne Center, 7775 Olson Dr., Papillion, NE.
11. Santa’s Magic at Omaha Children’s Museum – Nov. 26 – Dec. 23, Included with regular admission.
- Santa is returning to OCM, bringing a little holiday magic with him.
- Location: 500 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE.
12. Christmas at Union Station – Nov. 26 – Jan. 9, Included with regular admission.
- This long-standing tradition features Omaha’s official Christmas tree, special events, and Santa himself (with visits 6 days a week. Visit Durham Museum for schedule.)
- Tree Lighting Ceremony – Thursday, Nov. 25 (7 p.m.). This is a virtual event!
13. Lights of Aksarben Tree Lighting Ceremony – Nov. 26 (6 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy a horse and carriage ride and more.
- Location: Stinson Park, 2232 S. 64th St., Omaha, NE.
14. Visit Santa at Rockbrook Village – Nov. 27 (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Visit Santa, take a horse and carriage ride, enjoy a holiday hunt around the village, write a letter to Santa, and more.
- Location: 2800 S. 110th Ct., Omaha, NE.
15. Downtown Papillion’s Winter Wonderland – Nov. 27 (4:30 – 8:30 p.m.), FREE
- Experience all the holiday cheer you can handle! A variety of fun activities throughout the event.
- Location: Downtown Papillion, NE.
16. ‘Twas the Lights Before Christmas in LaVista – Nov. 28
- Nov. 28 (3 – 7 p.m.) – Santa’s Sleigh Ride
17. Ralston’s Holiday Magic – Nov. 28
- Enjoy holiday activities including a Tree Lighting Ceremony at this fun, family outdoor event.
- Location: Independence Square, 77th St. & Main St., Ralston, NE.