Enjoy many FUN things to do over Thanksgiving Weekend in Omaha including Virtual Tree Lighting, Santa Events, Drive-Thru Events, and more! Have a fun-filled Thanksgiving Break with these ideas!
Looking for more Holiday Fun? Find 40+ Holiday Events here!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
Find More Holiday Fun:
Things to Do Over Thanksgiving Weekend in Omaha
- Find the best Christmas Lights in Omaha full of beautifully decorated houses with bright lights, inflatables, decorations, and some with thousands of lights choreographed to music!
2. Santa’s Wonderland at Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shop – Nov. 7 – Dec. 24, FREE [REGISTER]
- Santa’s Wonderland offers Contactless Claus visits, free Photo with Santa, and free take-home holiday craft activity kits.
- Reservations are required for 2020. Make your reservation in advance beginning Nov. 2nd.
- Location: Cabela’s, 12703 Westport Pkwy., La Vista, NE.
3. Christmas at Union Station – Nov. 27 – Jan. 10
- This long-standing tradition features Omaha’s official Christmas tree, holiday concerts, and Santa himself.
- Nov. 26 (7 – 7:20 p.m.) Virtual Tree Lighting Ceremony – This 20-minute program features musical performances, a greeting from Santa and the countdown to the lighting of the region’s largest indoor Christmas Tree – all from the comfort of your couch! FREE.
- Location: The Durham Museum, 801 S. 10th St., Omaha, NE.
4. Holiday Poinsettia Show at Lauritzen Gardens – Nov. 21, 2020 – Jan. 3, 2021 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)., Included in regular admission [Timed tickets required for all guests, and may be purchased or reserved online.]
- This holiday season, step into the floral display hall, transformed into a comfy, cozy space that is full of joy, cheer, and of course, plants. Adding a bit of nostalgia, guests can enjoy the whir and whistle of a model garden train as it goes around and around the majestic 20-foot-tall poinsettia tree. Plus, thousands of vibrant poinsettias, amaryllis, and other festive florals and foliage deck the hall.
- Family Chill Zone gives families a place to relax, warm up, and to enjoy the winter weather. S’mores kits will be available for purchase.
- Included with regular admission. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
- Location: Lauritzen Gardens, 100 Bancroft St., Omaha, NE.
5. Old Market, North Omaha, & South Omaha Lighting Displays – Nov. 20 – Jan. 4 (nightly), FREE
- Old Market Display – White lights, garland, and festive decor will illuminate the brick streets of the Old Market and surrounding areas. The display will run from 10th St. to 13th St., and from Harney St. to Jackson St.
- North Omaha Display – The North Omaha lighting display will be showcased along a 6-block area around 24th St. and Lake St.
- South Omaha Display – The South Omaha lighting display will be showcased on 24th St. between L St. and Q St.
6. It’s a Wonderful Life at The Rose Theater – Nov. 20 – Dec. 20, 2020 (various times), $20 [REGISTER]
- Celebrate the holidays with the very first show ever presented at The Rose Theater in 1995! Meet George Bailey, whose guardian angel has to descend on Christmas Eve to save him from despair and to remind him that his has been, after all, a wonderful life.
- Location: The Rose Theater, 2001 Farnam St., Omaha, NE.
7. Santa in the Village at Rockbrook Village – Nov. 28 (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Visit Santa, meet his live reindeer, and enjoy a carriage ride around the village. Shop at your favorite stores while kids enjoy sweets and treats with a Holiday Scavenger Hunt.
- Location: 2800 S. 110th Ct., Omaha, NE.
8. Season of Lights at Midtown Crossing – Nov. 20 – Feb. 14, FREE
- Stroll in the glow of a cherished holiday tradition – tens of thousands of white LED lights strung throughout Turner Park and along Farnam St. Plus, visit the beautifully-decorated tree in Farnam Court.
- Location: Turner Park (31st Ave. and Farnam St.), Omaha, NE.
9. Downtown Papillion’s Winter Wonderland Drive-Thru – Nov. 28 (5:30 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy a drive-thru experience with all the holiday cheer you can handle!
- Location: Downtown Papillion, NE.
10. Christmas in LaVista – Nov. 29 – Dec. 15
- Nov. 29 (3 – 7 p.m.): Santa’s Sleigh Ride
11. Meet Santa’s Reindeer at Mulhalls – Nov. 21 – Dec. 19
- Dasher and Dancer will arrive on Saturday, November 21st and are available to visit anytime during store hours until they leave again on Saturday, December 19th.
- Location: Mulhalls, 3615 N 120th St, Omaha.