Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Sponsor of the Week
Special thanks to Stretch-n-Grow for sponsoring this weekend’s Top Picks!
- Looking for a fun Summer program for Kids ages 2-6? Stretch-n-Grow Summer Yoga Stars and Fitness Classes will be held at Camelot Community Center on Thursdays, 10:30-11:15, beginning June 1st. Extended Summer Session or Drop-In Option available!
Popular this Week: Summer Fun Guides
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Kids Funfare at Regency – Thursdays, June 1 – July 27 (10 – 11 a.m.), FREE
- Enjoy special FREE activities Thursdays from 10 – 11 a.m. in June and July in Regency Center Court.
- Special events all Summer including magicians, science shows, Out and About Storytimes, and more!
- Some events this weekend:
- Bounce House & Craft: Thursday, June 1, 2017 (10 – 11:45 a.m.), W. Dale Clark (Main) Library
- Castle Building & Nerf War (Teens): Thursday, June 1, 2017 (1 – 3:00 p.m.), Saddlebrook Branch, Registration Required
- Elkhorn Days 150th Anniversary: Friday, June 2, 2017 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.), Elkhorn Branch
- Kids’ Rock Concert: Friday, June 2, 2017 (2 – 2:30 p.m.), A.V. Sorensen Branch
- The Great Marshmallow Migration (Ages 10 & up): Friday, June 2, 2017 (2 – 3:30 p.m.), W. Clarke Swanson Branch
- Dr. Oxygen Science Show: Saturday, June 3, 2017 (2 – 2:45 p.m.), Charles B. Washington Branch
- See more Summer Reading Programs here!
Elkhorn Days – June 3 – 4, 2017
- Celebrating 150 years! Parade, Family Fun in the Park, Family Fun Festival, and more.
- Family Fun Festival – June 4 (11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.), FREE
- Location: Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Bonanza Blvd at S. 208th St.
- Inflatables, games, pony rides, bike rodeo, photo booth, and food, all free.
- A Bike Rodeo will be conducted from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. by Live Well Omaha and The Trek Bicycle Store. 100 free helmets will be available for kids with bikes who participate. Kids: bring your bikes and helmets.
Foodstock: A Bellevue, Nebraska Food Truck Event – June 1 (5 – 9 p.m.)
- Over 20 Food Trucks will be in attendance as well as some local Bellevue retail vendors. Loli Pop dah Clown and some of her friends will be there doing face painting, animal balloons, etc. Props and Pose DJ Services will be there as well. FOOD DRIVE to benefit the Bellevue Food Pantry: For every 5 items you bring that night to donate, you will receive a raffle ticket.
- Location: Marathon Ventures, 901 Fort Crook Rd N, Bellevue.
National Donut Day – Friday, June 2
- Celebrate National Donut Day this Friday, June 2, with these fun specials at participating locations!
Taste of Omaha – June 2 – 4
- 3-day festival featuring foods from many of Omaha’s top restaurants, entertainment and family activities for the kids. Location: Heartland of America Park & Lewis & Clark Landing
Family Night at the UP Museum – June 2 (5 – 7 p.m.), FREE
- Ticket to Ride! Vacation Night at the Museum. The Union Pacific Railroad Museum’s June 2 family night is all about passengers, giving guests the opportunity to learn about scenic railroad destinations from the passenger rail era of the 1940s and 1950s hosted by Omaha’s Camerrail Club dressed in vintage railroad uniforms. Heartland B-Cycle will also be on hand to talk about its cycling program and popular local bicycle routes, including several Council Bluffs area bicycle trails that were originally leveled out for train tracks.
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – Fridays, May 19 – October 27, 2017 (every 2 weeks); Free Will Donation
- Bring a lawn chair and/or blanket, bug spray, and campfire fare and enjoy an outdoor movie.
- Zip lines will be open for 1 hour prior to the start time of each movie. Minors must have a waiver filled out by an adult guardian. Cost: $10/person for two 350 ft. rides.
- No movies will be shown if the weather is rainy. Due to copyright issues, titles may not be shared publicly but can be received by emailing email@example.com.
- Date and Approximate Start Time:
- June 2 – 9:25 p.m.
Starlight Movie Series at Sumtur Amphitheater – June 2 (9 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy free family movies under the stars. All movies are scheduled around ticketed events and dates may change. Gates open at 7:30 p.m., movie at dusk.
- June 2– 9:00 p.m.: The Jungle Book (2016)
Peter Pan Opens at The Rose Theater – June 2 – 18
- The beloved tale is brought to the stage featuring fabulous flying effects and the songs “I’m Flying,” “I Won’t Grow Up,” and “Never Never Land.”
Kids Workshops at Home Depot – June 3 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.), FREE
- Hands-on workshop where kids and their adult can build a wooden tic-tac-toe game.
Living History Weekend at Fort Atkinson State Historical Park – June 3 – 4 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- On these days, volunteers portray life at an 1820’s military fort. Each event weekend has a different theme. A Park Entry Permit is required.
Moo at the Zoo – June 3 – 4 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Get up close to multiple breeds of dairy cows and play carnival games, music and more. Included with regular Zoo admission or membership.
Car Show and Family Fun Fest at Hy-Vee (156th & Maple) – June 3 (5 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Free inflatables, games, pony rides, clowns, firetrucks and more.
Who is ready for some Water Fun this Summer?
- Many Spraygrounds are open!
- Many Pools and Waterparks are open now, and save 25% off your visit to Fun-Plex in June for Family Fun in Omaha readers!
Fun-Plex 2017 Specials
- Save 25% in June with Special Offer for Family Fun in Omaha Readers!
- Plus, find other special discounts including Kids (12 & under) Play Free Tuesdays 4-8 with paid adult!
Find More SUMMER Fun in Omaha
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!