Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week
Enter to Win
- NEW! – Enter to WIN a Family Pass to the Omaha Children’s Museum!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Tricks & Treats at Westwood Plaza – 10/20 (6 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- 2nd annual Tricks & Treats family event at Westwood Plaza! Participating tenants will provide treats to children from 6 – 8 p.m. FREE Trick-or-Treat bags and Foam Glow Sticks for the first 1,500 children.
- Location: Westwood Plaza, 120th & West Center Road.
Night at the Museum: Astronaut Anderson & His SOKOL Suit at the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum – 10/21, (5 – 8 p.m.)
- Featuring astronaut Clayton Anderson and the new SOKOL spacesuit display, plus the Museum will offer guests a chance to get inside several aircraft, create a space shuttle, learn about Black Holes and space through an exhibition entitled “Black Holes” and enjoy a planetarium show. Museum educators will offer robotic instruction using Cubelets and Lego EV3’s and learn how robotic rovers are used in space. The event is part of general admission.
Kids Dream No-So-Scary Halloween Series at Marcus Theatres – Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10/13 – 10/29, (10 a.m.), $3
- Participating local Marcus Theaters are Majestic Cinema (144th & Maple) and Twin Creek Cinema Bellevue.
- Print off 2 FREE Tickets to the Kids Dream Halloween Series courtesy of American Family Insurance here!
- October 20 – 22: Shrek (Trick-or-Treat Costume Party 10/21 at 9 a.m. before Shrek with crafts, games, snacks and more.)
- October 27 – 29: The Book of Life
Great Pumpkin Celebration at Bass Pro Shop – 10/21, 10/22, 10/27-10/31, FREE
- Saturdays and Sundays, October 21st/22nd and 28th/29th (Noon – 5 p.m.); Friday, October 27th and Monday, October 30th (5 – 7 p.m.); Halloween Tuesday October 31st (4 – 8 p.m.)
- Free 4×6 photo and crafts, and Halloween fun. See website for schedule of events.
Harvest Fun Days at Hummel Nature Center – October 14, 21, and 28 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE
- Take a ride to their pumpkin patch, make fall craft, explore the trails, play games, and more. Pumpkins are $2 each.
Trick-or-Treat with the Animals of Gifford Farm – 10/21, (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.), $5
- Trick-or-treating, animals, and fun farm games,and a hayride as you trick-or-treat in each of the barns and pens. Admission: $5.00 per trick or treater (adults accompanying child are free). Includes ticket for hayride. Cash or check only.
Halloween Fun Fest – 10/21, (10:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.), FREE
- Youth and adults are all welcome to wear their favorite costumes to the party. Enjoy a shadow storytime, make-and-take crafts, and make some treats. After the party, go trick-or-treating in the library.
- Location: W. Dale Clark Main Library, 215 S. 15th St.
2nd Annual SALoween Party – 10/21, (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.), FREE
- The Sons of the American Legion at Post 1 Omaha is hosting a kid-friendly Halloween event. Kids are encouraged to come in costume. Games, costume contest, prizes, and a kid friendly meal/drink will be provided. Free will donations are welcome. Contest will be judged at 12:30 p.m.
- Location: American Legion Post 1, 7811 Davenport St.
Mangelsen’s Witches Tea – 10/21, (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Fun, games, costume contest.
- Location: 3457 South 84th Street.
Trick or Treat at One Pacific Place – 10/21, (1 – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Free Trick-or-Treating. Meet and take pictures with Super Hero Characters, and enjoy games and hot apple cider.
- Location: One Pacific Place, 10381 Pacific St, Omaha.
Halloween Party at 180th & Q Hy-Vee – 10/21, (1 – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Trick-or-treat throughout the store for toys and treats, participate in spooky activities, and keep an eye out for some of your favorite characters.
Hy-Vee Halloween Party at 132nd & Dodge – 10/21, (1 – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Trick or treat with your favorite characters, decorate sugar cookies, and color and decorate mini pumpkins at the craft table. Costumes are encouraged but not required.
Spooky Science and Crafts! – 10/21, (3:00 – 4:00 p.m.), FREE
- Kids will get to do several hands-on experiments with a Halloween twist as they explore static electricity, chemical reactions, and density. This event may get messy, so please dress accordingly.
- Location: South Omaha Library, 2808 Q St.
Trick or Treat at Fontenelle Forest – 10/21, (4 – 7 p.m.)
- The young kiddos will enjoy an epic leaf pile, crafts, s’mores and cocoa, and trick or treating with woodland creatures along their ADA wheelchair certified boardwalk. Cost: $5 for members / $15 for non-members (Free for children under 2 years old).
Trunk-or-Treat at Camelot Community Center – 10/21, (5 – 6:30 p.m.), FREE
- Kids, wear your costumes, and parade around to trunks for goodies.
- Location: 9270 Cady Ave.
Orpheum Theater Open House – 10/22 (1 – 5 p.m.), FREE
- Celebrate the Orpheum Theater’s 90th anniversary. Take a special behind-the-scenes tour. Explore the theater’s grand architecture and artwork, learn about the history of vaudeville in Omaha and view special artifacts on display.
Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch – Sept. 9 – Oct. 31
- Skinny Bones’ 10-acre corn maze is their most popular attraction. Activities also include the Pee Wee Maze, giant jump pillow, pedal karts, hayrack ride, bonfires, the pumpkin patch, and more!
- Spend the day exploring the Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure and picking apples!
More Helpful Resources
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!