Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week: Summer Fun Guides
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Kids Funfare at Regency – Thursdays, June 1 – July 27 (10 – 11 a.m.), FREE
- Enjoy special FREE activities Thursdays from 10 – 11 a.m. in June and July in Regency Center Court.
- July 13: Meet Peppa Pig
Tots on the Towne at Shadow Lake Towne Center – July 13 (10:30 – 11:30 a.m.), FREE
- String Beans Concert held in the Nebraska Medicine-Bellevue Ampitheater.
- Look for their colorful fishing trailer where they will have rods and reels to borrow, bait and certified fishing instructors ready to help. No experience necessary. All participants age 16 or older need a 2017 fishing permit if they fish at the event.
Playing With Fire at Midtown Crossing – Friday, July 14, 2017 (5:30 p.m.) & Saturday, July 15, 2017 (4:30 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy incendiary blues, rock, funk, R&B, and soul. Turner Park opens for seating 1 hour prior to start time.
Daddy Daughter Princess Night with Omaha Storm Chasers – Friday, July 14, (7 p.m.)
- ParentSavvy.com Daddy-Daughter Princess Night and Hy-Vee Friday Fireworks.
Railroad Days – July 15 – 16 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) – $15/Family
- One $15 pass admits two adults and your dependent children or two grandparents and up to four grandchildren, for both days. A $5 pass is also available for one additional adult with purchase of a family pass.
- Includes admission, special activities, and transportation to all locations – Durham Museum, Lauritzen Gardens, Union Pacific Railroad Museum, RailsWest Railroad Museum, and the Historic General Dodge House.
Intro App Development at The Brain Exchange – Grades 9-12 (Space is limited, Registration Required) – July 15 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE
- This four-hour, FREE class is geared towards introducing students, grades 9 – 12, the introductory skills needed to develop an iOS app of their own. Location: Brain Exchange, 1902 Howard St.
- Special events all Summer including magicians, science shows, Out and About Storytimes, and more! Some highlights this weekend:
- Out & About Storytime: Motto McLean Ice Arena – Thursday, July 13, 2017 (10:30 – 11:15 a.m.) – After storytime everyone is invited to twirl on the ice and check out the Zamboni.
- Papio NRD Owls – Thursday, July 13, 2017 (2 – 2:45 p.m.), Charles B. Washington Branch
- Teen Movie Night – Thursday, July 13, 2017 (6 – 8:30 p.m.), Milton R. Abrahams Branch
- Mouse Visits Saddlebrook Storytime – Friday, July 14, 2017 (10 – 10:30 a.m.), Saddlebrook Branch
- Nerf War Lock-in (Teens, Registration Required) – Friday, July 14, 2017 (6 – 9:00 p.m.), Benson Branch
- Bike Safety Rodeo – Saturday, July 15, 2017 (9:30 – 11:30 a.m.), Millard Branch
- Mouse Visits Benson Family Storytime – Saturday, July 15, 2017 (10 – 10:30 a.m.), Benson Branch
- Safe, Fit & Fun Party! – Saturday, July 15, 2017 (1 – 3:00 p.m.), Florence Branch
- See more Summer Reading Programs here!
Family Fit Series – July 15 (10 a.m.), FREE
- Bring out the whole family for a fun morning of trying something new. A different fitness class offered each week taught by a certified instructor. Location: Elmwood Park, 802 S. 60th Street.
- July 15: Pilates
Fremont Days – July 14 – 16, 2017
- A three-day, family fun festival celebrating history. Car, truck and bike show, craft fair, parade, and more.
Bass Pro Shop Family Summer Camp – June 24 – July 23, (Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays from Noon – 5 p.m.), FREE
- Crafts each day from Noon-2 p.m or while supplies last. Free family game area, workshops, and more.
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – Fridays, May 19 – October 27, 2017 (every 2 weeks); Free Will Donation
- No movies will be shown if the weather is rainy. Due to copyright issues, titles may not be shared publicly but can be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 14 – 9:15 p.m.
- Movies will be shown every Friday night after dusk (around 9 p.m.) in June 9 – August 4 at Bayliss Park.
Monday Night at the Movies at Midtown Crossing – Mondays, June 5 – July 31, 2017 (Mondays at sunset); FREE
- Turner Park opens for seating at 5 p.m. Free Parking.
- July 17: Student Choice Week (UNO will host online voting.)
Summer Kids Camp at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – June through August, 2017; $1-$5
- All summer long enjoy classic and family favorites for just $1, $3, or $5 — your choice! All proceeds benefit local non-profits (in Omaha, this includes The Hope Center, Omaha Children’s Museum, and Project Harmony Child Advocacy Center.)
- Kids Camp shows take place every day (with some exceptions) in matinee time-slots
- July: The Iron Giant, Trolls, Muppets from Space, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
Kid’s Dream Summer Film Series at Marcus Theaters – June 11 – August 16, 2017 (Sundays, Mondays & Wednesdays at 10 a.m.); Admission: $3
- In Omaha, participating theaters include Majestic (144th & Maple), Village Pointe and Twin Creek in Bellevue.
- Get FREE Tickets to the Kids Dream Summer Film Series courtesy of American Family Insurance here! (Download and print your 2 free tickets.)
- July 16-17, 19: Trolls
Who is ready for some Water Fun this Summer?
- Many Spraygrounds are open!
- Many Pools and Waterparks are open now, and Kids Play Free at Fun-Plex Tuesdays 4-8 p.m. (1 child 12 & under per paid adult)!
Cool off with Hydrant Parties this Summer – FREE
- The City of Omaha’s began June 12th, and Council Bluffs June 13th! See schedule here.
- La Vista City Hall Parking Lot – Friday, July 14 (3 p.m.)
Find More SUMMER Fun in Omaha
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!