Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week
Top Picks this Weekend:
Llama Llama Visits Omaha Public Libraries – November 3 – 10, 2017
- Llama Llama wants to meet the kids at special storytimes!
Do Space Anniversary Celebration – November 9, 2017 (4:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Do Space Turns Two! Enjoy activities from their most popular programs and technology.
Military Family Day at Joslyn Art Museum – November 8 – 12, 2017
- Joslyn will honor all Military Family membership cardholders with additional benefits in honor of Veterans Day. Simply show your Military Family membership card and receive a free gift and an additional 10% off purchases in the Hitchcock Museum Shop. Military Family members will also receive two complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and two desserts in Café Durham.
Veterans Day Free Weekend at The Durham Museum – November 10-11 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and November 12, 2017 (1 -5 p.m.)
- Veterans and their families enjoy complimentary admission all weekend long, November 10-12, in observance of the Veterans Day holiday. Just show your military ID at the front desk.
- *The newly unveiled UP No. 1943 Military locomotive will be on display from noon – 4:45 p.m. on Friday, November 10 only.
Nebraska’s Official Veteran’s Parade – November 11, 2017 (10 a.m.)
- Nebraska’s Official Veteran’s Parade will be held in Downtown Bellevue.
Veteran’s Recognition Day at the Omaha Zoo – November 11, 2017 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- In honor of those who proudly served our nation, Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium will be offering free gate admission to all veterans and their immediate families on Veteran’s Day, Saturday, November 11, 2017. The free admission applies to all Veterans and their immediate families.
Veteran’s Day at the Wildlife Safari Park – November 11, 2017 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Wildlife Safari Park, located off Exit 426 near Ashland, will also be open on Veteran’s Day. Veterans and their immediate families will receive free admission during Wildlife Safari Park’s operating hours, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- See these and many more Veterans Day Events, Discounts, and Free Admission for veterans and active military personnel. Thank you for your service!
Mystery at the Library: Tween/Teen Lock-In – November 10, 2017 (6:30 – 9:00 p.m.), Milton R. Abrahams Branch, Registration Required (Space is limited)
- The library will be transformed into a mansion reminiscent of the game Clue. Upon arrival guests will be treated to dinner and then they will realize that a murder has occurred. All attendees will be invited to investigate the case. To attend this after hours event you must be between the ages of 10 and 15 and your parent will need to sign a permission slip. For more information, please call the library at 402-444-6284.
Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shop – Nov. 11 – Dec. 24, 2017, FREE
- Games, activities, crafts, and more. Santa’s Wonderland Grand Opening: Saturday, Nov. 11 at 5 p.m.
Living Faith UMC West O Shopping Event – November 11 (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.), FREE Admission
- Shop with many crafters and vendors. They are accepting canned good/non-perishable food items and free-will offerings going to the Living Hope Food pantry and Millard South High School Food Pantry.
- Location: Living Faith UMC, 5310 S 182nd Ave (182nd & Q St), Omaha.
Neighborhood Toy Store Day – November 11 (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE
- In celebration of Neighborhood Toy Store Day, enjoy a fun photo area, hot chocolate, crafts, and reindeer from Santa’s Woods. Location: Fat Brain Toys, 16909 Burke Street.
Team USA WinterFest Omaha – November 11, 2017 (1 – 5 p.m.)
- Team USA athlete meet and greets, interactive experiences, and more on the road to the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018. Don’t forget to pick up your FREE session #2 tickets to Saturday’s evening draw at 7 p.m.
- Location: Stinson Park, 67th and Center, Omaha.
Fall Family Craft at Milton R. Abrahams Branch Library – November 12, 2017 (1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.), FREE
- Spend an afternoon as a family crafting fall holiday-themed decorations.
Meet & Greet Poppy from Trolls – November 12 (12 – 1 p.m.)
- Meet Poppy the Troll and take free pics with your own camera / phone. Location: Learning Express of Omaha, 120 Regency Pkwy, Omaha.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, November 5, 12, 19 & 26, (3:00 – 5:15 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4, $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!