Enjoy 7 exciting family-friendly events this January in Omaha!
Looking for FREE Fun this January? See Many FREE January Events in Omaha here!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Family-Friendly EVENTS EACH WEEKEND plus more Omaha Fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
It is always a good idea to verify before visiting as dates and times may change.
Exciting January Events in Omaha
Mud Pies at Fontenelle Forest – Mondays – Thursdays (9:30 – 11:30 a.m., Drop In), $3/child for members or $5/child with daily admission
- Mud Pies, a drop-in program for adults and children ages 5 to infant, offers hands-on learning and technology-free play indoors and out. One adult is required to accompany every two children. Mud Pies is $3 per child for members or $5 per child with daily admission.
- Location: Fontenelle Forest, 1111 Bellevue Blvd N, Bellevue.
Star Wars Night at Omaha Children’s Museum – Saturday, Jan. 12 (5 – 8 p.m.), Included with admission
- Construct your own light saber and be on the lookout for Han, Leia, Chewie, Rey and many other favorites. The 501st Legion will be joining in for the Imperial March through the museum, so be sure to bring your costumes and have your cameras ready.
- All activities are included with museum admission, while supplies last.
Dinosaur UpROAR at Lauritzen Gardens – January 17 – May 12, 2019 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily), Included with admission
- This exciting indoor exhibit will feature 20 life-sized installations positioned throughout the garden, where massive creations by Guy Darrough will appear right at home nestled among plants that have survived through the ages and jungle-like landscapes. Included with paid garden admission or membership.
- Location: Lauritzen Gardens, 100 Bancroft Street, Omaha
Indoor Air Show at SAC Aerospace Museum – Saturday, Jan. 19 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), Included with admission
- The Indoor Air Show brings the fun and excitement of an air show inside with radio-controlled (R/C) models. Starting at 10:00 a.m., model pilots will demonstrate all of the loops, flips, and barrel rolls in the museum’s climate-controlled Durham Restoration Hangar. There will be “learn to fly” safety demonstration and educational booths.
- The event is from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and is included as part of paid admission.
The Robot Zoo at SAC Aerospace Museum – Opening Event January 19, 2019 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), Included with admission
- This new interactive exhibit features 3 robot animals and 7 hands-on activities. The larger-than-life-size animated robots include a chameleon and a platypus. Also featured is a house fly with a 3-foot wingspread. Included with regular admission or membership.
- Opening Event – Jan 19 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Same day as Indoor Air Show) – Exhibit opens with a preview of this exhibit in the traveling galley, hands on activities throughout the day, animal encounters with Wildlife Encounters, and to close the day, Wildlife Encounters will do a show on stage to educate everyone about their rescue animals. Show will be at 1:00 pm in the theater.
The Enchanted Tales Film Series at Marcus Theaters – Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, Jan. 25 – Feb. 18, 2019, $5/person
- See family-friendly movies on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (plus Monday, Feb. 18th) at 10 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 4:45 p.m. Admission is $5.
- The Little Mermaid – January 25 – 27
- Lilo and Stitch – February 1 – 3
- Tangled – February 8 – 10
- Beauty and the Beast – February 14 – 18 (Extended through Monday!)
- Participating locations include: Majestic Omaha, Twin Creek, Village Pointe.
Winter Carnival – Saturday, January 26, 2019 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m.), $8 + skate rental
- This event is open to the public, and includes skating, on-ice games, dinner, treats, raffles, and more. Cost is $8/person (skate rental is extra).
- Location: Motto McLean Ice Arena, 5015 South 45th St., Omaha.