Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week
Top Picks this Weekend:
** Remember: Set your clocks back one hour on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 5th.
International Games Week at Omaha Public Libraries – October 31 – November 4, 2017, FREE
- Various games and activities will be provided throughout the libraries during the event. See times and locations here.
FootGolf Invasion – Nov. 3 – 5, (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.), $5/person
- Bring your own ball and wear comfortable tennis shoes (no cleats). Last chance to kick off is at 5 p.m. Call 402-444-5953 to book your kick-off time for a foursome, team or club.
- Location: Warren Swigart Golf Course, 3865 Parkview Dr.
Llama Llama Visits Omaha Public Libraries – November 3 – 10, 2017, FREE
- Llama Llama wants to meet the kids at special storytimes! View schedule of events here.
Family Night at the Union Pacific Railroad Museum – November 3, 2017 (5 – 7 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy special events on the First Friday of Every Month. November 3rd – “Be Prepared!”
- Visitors will learn how the railroad grapples with snow covered tracks, and can meet the people and equipment, helping clear snow from Council Bluffs streets.
First Friday Family Date Night at the Omaha Children’s Museum – Friday, Nov. 3 (5 to 8 pm.)
- SUPERHERO NIGHT: Enjoy superhero themed activities like Mr. Freeze Tag and Super Hero Slime, as well as character appearances throughout the Museum. Included with regular Museum admission.
Kids Workshop: Military Appreciation Humvee at Home Depot – November 4, 2017 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.), FREE
- Join in a hands-on workshop where you and your child can build a custom wooden humvee to honor all those that have served our country. Once the humvee is built, your child can decorate it with paint and stickers.
Family Fit Series – Nov. 4 (10 a.m.), FREE
- Bring out the whole family for a fun morning of running, walking, biking, or dog walking. Enjoy this low-key 5K at your own pace. No registration required.
- Location: Zorinsky Lake- 156th & F St. Entrance.
Read It & Eat Culinary Conference – Nov. 4 (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Celebrate sweets! Learn more about our local candy makers and chocolatiers featuring demos and a panel. Special author presentation with Kim Reiner, who will talk about her new book “Lost Restaurants of Omaha.” Enjoy food samples throughout the day along with prize drawings and a cookbook exchange.
- Location: W. Dale Clark (Main) Library, 215 S. 15th St.
Try Hockey for FREE Day – November 4, 2017, Registration required
- Kids, ages 4 to 9, are invited to come try youth hockey. Local Participating Rinks: Moylan Ice Plex (12 – 2 p.m.) and Sidner Ice Arena in Fremont (12 – 1 p.m.). Click here for times of event and to register.
Blood Drive at Fontenelle Forest – Nov. 5 (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Fontenelle Forest is hosting a Blood Drive with the Red Cross, Sunday, November 5th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Enjoy free admission to Fontenelle Forest after donating blood. Visit the Raptor Refuge, art gallery, or simply walk the trails in the fresh air, as a thank you for supporting the Red Cross and being a blood donor.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, November 5, 12, 19 & 26, (3:00 – 5:15 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4, $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!