Enjoy many family-friendly events coming up in the Omaha area, including these 10+ FREE Events in November! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
1. International Games Week at Omaha Public Libraries – October 31 – November 4, 2017
- Various games and activities will be provided throughout the libraries during the event. See times and locations here.
2. Llama Llama Visits Omaha Public Libraries – November 3 – 10, 2017
- Llama Llama wants to meet the kids at special storytimes! View schedule of events here.
3. Family Night at the Union Pacific Railroad Museum – November 3, 2017 (5 – 7 p.m.)
- Enjoy special events on the First Friday of Every Month. November 3rd – “Be Prepared!”
- Visitors will learn how the railroad grapples with snow covered tracks, and can meet the people and equipment, helping clear snow from Council Bluffs streets.
4. Kids Workshop: Military Appreciation Humvee at Home Depot – November 4, 2017 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- Join in a hands-on workshop where you and your child can build a custom wooden humvee to honor all those that have served our country. Once the humvee is built, your child can decorate it with paint and stickers.
5. Try Hockey for Free Day – November 4, 2017, Registration required
- Kids, ages 4 to 9, are invited to come try youth hockey. Local Participating Rinks: Moylan Ice Plex (12 – 2 p.m.) and Sidner Ice Arena in Fremont (12 – 1 p.m.). Click here for times of event and to register.
6. Do Space Anniversary Celebration – November 9, 2017 (4:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Do Space Turns Two! Enjoy activities from their most popular programs and technology.
7. Mystery at the Library: Tween/Teen Lock-In – November 10, 2017 (6:30 – 9:00 p.m.), Milton R. Abrahams Branch, Registration Required (Space is limited)
- The library will be transformed into a mansion reminiscent of the game Clue. Upon arrival guests will be treated to dinner and then they will realize that a murder has occurred. All attendees will be invited to investigate the case. To attend this after hours event you must be between the ages of 10 and 15 and your parent will need to sign a permission slip. For more information, please call the library at 402-444-6284.
8. Princess & Superhero Party – November 16, 2017 (1 – 3:00 p.m.), Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch
- Put on your cap, crown, tutu, mask or any favorite hero and/or princess gear for a power-packed afternoon of fun.
9. Hands-on-Habitat at Fontenelle Forest – November 17, 2017 (9:30 – 11 a.m.), Registration required (opens Nov. 1st)
- ParentSavvy and Fontenelle Forest are partnering together to provide fun educational, hands-on classes for pre-school age children and parents. Register with promo code “ParentSavvy” for Free admission (up to 3 times/year). Sign up beginning Nov. 1st, as these do fill up fast. Next event is December 15th.
10. Star Wars Party – November 17, 2017 (4:30 – 5:30 p.m.), Millard Branch, Registration Required (Space is limited)
- Please call 402.996.8037 or email Nancy at email@example.com to reserve your spot(s). Party is open to the first 75 kids, age 5-12.
- Come to the Millard Branch for a story, Jedi Training, and chances to win prizes. Costumes are encouraged, but not required.
11. Little Gobbler Event at Hummel Nature Center – November 18, 2017 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), Registration Required
- Go on a fall hike looking for turkeys and their tracks, make a turkey caller, visit chickens, and enjoy many other hands-on family activities. Register online or at any City of Omaha Community Center.
12. Thanksgiving Lighting Ceremony at Gene Leahy Mall – November 23, 2017 (6 – 7 p.m.)
- Starting at 5:40 p.m., enjoy a special performance by Omaha Children’s Choir. At 6 p.m., Mayor Jean Stothert will lead the countdown to the 2017 lighting display with live fanfare by the Jingle Bell Brass Band. Holiday Lights can then be enjoyed every evening from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. through January 1, 2018.
13. Copycat Candy Bars for Teens – November 30, 2017 (4 – 5 p.m.), Charles B. Washington Branch
- Kids in grades 6-12 are invited to improve their baking skills as we learn how to create versions of their favorite candy bars from scratch.
Plus, many more FREE Holiday Events coming soon!
Find more Helpful Resources: