Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week
Top Picks this Weekend:
Mutual 1st Federal Selfless Selfie Event at Westroads Mall – Saturday, Dec. 9 (12 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- So excited for this event! Join in this FREE, unique experience at the Lounge at Westroads Mall (second level near Flagship Commons). Mutual 1st is connecting social media to the local community, in a way that’s never been done in Omaha before!
- Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Stop by the event space & post a selfie to Instagram or Twitter including #TheFeelingIsMutual
- Pick up your free photo at the instant print station.
- Add your photo to the community art board with a hand-written message of kindness.
- Mutual 1st Federal donates $1 for every selfie to Child Saving Institute! At the end of the event, enjoy the beautiful art board created by everyone that stopped by! It’s spreading kindness – TOGETHER!
Storytime with Santa at 156th & Maple Hy-Vee – Saturday, Dec. 9 (10 a.m.), FREE
- Join in on December 9th for Story Time with Santa featuring stories from Elkhorn Public Library!
Mrs. Claus Storytime Thursdays – Dec 7, 14 & 21, 2017 (10:30 a.m.)
- Located by Pottery Barn Kids in Regency.
La Vista Holiday Wintertainment – Nov. 26 – Dec. 31, 2017
Enjoy a variety of fun events throughout the Holiday season!
- Pete the Cat Saves Christmas Party (Dec. 8, 10 a.m.)
- Easy to Make Gifts Teen/Tween Event (Dec. 9, 10:30 a.m. – noon)
- Library Holiday Open House (Dec. 9; 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, Nov. 24 & Dec. 1, 8, 15, 2017 (6 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Dec. 8 – Backwoods Art Activity
Movie with Santa (The Polar Express) at Village Pointe Cinema – Dec. 9 (9 & 9:45 a.m., Purchase tickets in advance)
- Presented by Access Bank – Santa & Friends will host the movie presentation of Polar Express at the Village Pointe Cinema with photos with Santa afterwards. Visit the link to check on tickets as this event usually sells out.
Omaha Public Library Holiday Events – Nov. 30 – Dec. 30, 2017
Enjoy many special Holiday Events at Omaha Public Libraries. For events marked REGISTER, participating need to register ahead as space is limited. Visit omahalibrary.org or call the hosting location for more information and to verify details.
- Saturday, Dec. 9
- 10 – 10:30 a.m.: Out & About Storytime at Hy-Vee with Santa, 15603 West Maple Rd.
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Winter Family Craft at Swanson Branch, 9101 W. Dodge Rd.
- 2 – 3:30 p.m.: Afternoon with Santa at Florence Branch, 2920 Bondesson St.
- Sunday, Dec. 10
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.: Winter Family Craft at Abrahams Branch, , 5111 N. 90th St.
Winter Wonderland at Sycamore Farms – December 8-10 and 15-17, 2017
- New event by the creators of Junkstock. Shop 70 indoor vintage vendors, makers, and artisans, Visit with Santa, see a light display, and more. Friday Sneakpeek is $10 for adults and kids 12 & under are free. Saturday or Sunday One Day Pass is $5 for adults and kids 12 & under are free.
- Location: Sycamore Farms, 1150 River Road Waterloo, NE.
Boys Town Christmas Family Festival – Dec. 9 (1 – 5 p.m.), FREE
- FREE activities for you and your family to enjoy including Santa Claus, Irish Dancing, Santa’s Reindeer, Toddler Town, Story time and Christmas Market, and Christmas Carolers.
Carriage Rides at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Saturdays, Nov. 25, Dec. 2 & 9, 2017 (12 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- Come to Shadow Lake Towne Center to enjoy a complimentary carriage ride down Main Street. Weather permitting.
Carriage Rides at Village Pointe – Saturdays Nov. 25 – Dec. 16, 2017 (1 – 5 p.m.), FREE
- Holiday shoppers can enjoy complimentary horse and carriage rides throughout the center. Weather permitting.
Gingerbread House Display at the Mormon Trail Center and Kanesville Tabernacle – Nov. 18 – Dec. 31, 2017 (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- One of our favorite Christmas traditions is seeing the intricately designed Gingerbread Houses. They also have a fun Scavenger Hunt at each location with a picture option for the younger children.
- The center closes at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve. The center will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Location: 3215 State St., Omaha, NE & 222 E. Broadway, Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shop – Nov. 11 – Dec. 24, 2017, FREE
- Games, activities, crafts, and more.
Hispanic Cultural Festival at Joslyn Art Museum – Dec. 10 (2 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- Open and free for all, this program includes dance performances by the Mexican Dance Academy of Nebraska, art-making activities, gallery conversations in Spanish, dance lessons, and refreshments.
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!