2020 is almost here! Celebrate New Year’s in the Omaha area with many family-friendly events!
It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Family Events to Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Omaha
Noon Year’s Eve at the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium – Dec. 31 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.), Included with regular admission or membership
- Have a wild time with entertainment from Joe Cole’s Magic Show, music and an early countdown to 2020 complete with a mini beach ball drop at noon outside on the Desert Dome Plaza.
- Location: 3701 S. 10th St., Omaha, NE.
Noon Year’s Eve Celebration at The Durham Museum – Dec. 31 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), Included with regular admission or membership
- Live music by Dino O’Dell and the T-Rex All-Stars, special crafts and activities. Ring in the noon year in your handmade party hats while enjoying the celebratory bubble wrap stomp and the spectacular balloon drop at noon
- Location: 801 S. 10th St., Omaha, NE.
Noon Year’s Eve Party at Saddlebrook Community Center – Dec. 31 (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.), FREE
- Ring in the new year with dancing, inflatables, crafts, and a balloon drop!
- Location: 14850 Laurel Ave., Omaha, NE
Noon Year’s Eve Party at Florence Branch – Dec. 31 (11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.), FREE [REGISTER]
- Read stories, sing, dance, eat snacks, craft, and make party hats until you bring in the New Year at Noon!
- Location: 2920 Bondesson St. Omaha.
Noon Year’s Eve at La Vista Library – Dec. 31 (11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.), FREE
- Celebrate and bring in the new year…Library style! Make noisemakers and count down to noon.
- Location: 9110 Giles Rd., La Vista, NE.
Gretna Public Library’s Noon Year’s Eve Party – Dec. 31 (11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy crafts and games followed by an exciting count down to noon!
- NEW Location: Resurrection Evangelical Lutheran Church Gretna Nebraska, 153 S. McKenna St., Gretna, NE.
Noon Year’s Eve Party at Ralston’s Baright Public Library – Dec. 31 (11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.), FREE
- Celebrate the New Year!
- Location: 5555 S. 77th St., Ralston, NE.
Bubbly New Year’s Eve Party at the Omaha Children’s Museum – Dec. 31 (4 – 8 p.m.), Included with regular admission or membership, while supplies last
- Enjoy bubble activities and the popular Bubble Science Show. Plus, kids can meet a mermaid, Glinda the good witch, and enjoy a bubble wrap stomp. Celebrate with a Bubble Drop at “midnight” (at 7:45 p.m.).
- Location: 500 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE.
New Year Eve Fireworks Spectacular – Dec. 31 (7 p.m.), FREE
- Due to the Gene Leahy Mall construction, the firework display has a new shoot-off and viewing location. Find a list of free parking locations here.
- Spectators are encouraged to tune in to STAR 104.5.
- NEW! Location: Lot D of the CHI Health Center.
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
Have a wonderful New Year!
Find More Helpful Resources: