Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week:
Enter to WIN:
- Opening Saturday! A perfect pumpkin patch for younger ones, enjoy many activities, delicious food, and more in a beautiful setting!
4 Tickets to Shrek The Musical at The Rose Theater – Ends Thursday!
- Opens this weekend – Enter to WIN 4-Pack of Tickets to any 5 p.m. show!
Two Passes to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch – Ends Sunday!
- Discover what’s new in 2016, helpful tips for visiting, and Discount Days! (Plus, two more Vala’s tickets will be given away on our Facebook page soon!)
- Includes Trick or Treating fun, too!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Out and About Storytime: Fall Picnic at Wenninghoff Farms – September 29, 10 a.m.
- Bring a picnic lunch and come for storytime at Wenninghoff Farms. Optional: Attendees will also be able to visit the pumpkin patch for discounted price.
The Compassion Experience – September 30 – October 3, FREE
- This free event features an interactive journey through the true stories of children living in developing countries like the Philippines, Kenya, Uganda and the Dominican Republic. Register in advance here: https://cts.compassion.com/events/622.
- Location: StoneBridge Church, 15801 Butler Ave.
Saddlebrook Family Lock-In – September 30 (5:30 – 8 p.m.), FREE, Registration Requested
- Activities will include: putt-putt in the library, cartoon viewing area, a family craft, video games, basketball, toys and games. There will also be a designated eating area, so feel free to bring a ‘picnic’ style dinner to enjoy with your family. Caregivers are required to attend with their children.
Shrek The Musical at The Rose Theater – September 30 – October 16
- This Theater for Young Audiences (TYA) version of the Broadway show brings fun entertainment perfect for ages 5 and up.
- Members receive 4 free tickets (limited memberships still available!). Discount ticket vouchers are available at all area Hy-Vee stores.
Harvest Fest at Village Pointe Farmers Market – October 1 (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.); FREE
- Enjoy pumpkin painting, a bounce house, hayrack rides, live music, and more at the final market of 2016.
Heritage Days and Living History Weekend in Fort Calhoun – October 1 – 2
- Dozens of activities will take place throughout the weekend, including a parade, music, kids’ games, food, a tractor show and displays of arts and crafts. Living history demonstrations will take place at Fort Atkinson State Historical Park.
Kids Workshop at Home Depot – October 1 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.), FREE
- Kids can build a toy fire truck.
Service Family Appreciation Day and Opening Day at Bloom Where You’re Planted Farm – October 1 (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Military personnel, police officers, fire & rescue volunteers, and their immediate family members receive FREE admission to the farm when presenting a valid ID.
- Enter to WIN 4 Tickets to Bloom Where You’re Planted Farm here!
Cobweb Castle at the Omaha Children’s Museum – 10/1 – 10/30
- The Not-So-Scary haunted house gives young visitors a chance to experience a taste of the Halloween creepies without fear. Included with regular museum admission.
Where Books and Art Meet (Registration Required) – October 1 (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12. Location: South Omaha Library.
Owl Prowl at Hummel Park Nature Center – October 1 (7 – 9 p.m.), FREE
- Explore the trails, cook fire-roasted marshmallows, and learn all about owls. Register online or at any City of Omaha Community Center.
Dog Day at Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch – October 2 (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Costume Contest with Prizes: Costume Contest Check-in at 1:30 p.m., contest begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Doggie admission of $5 will benefit the Friends of Jeanette Hunt Animal Shelter (General admission applies: $13 per person, two and under are free).
Papillion Fall Kite Fly – October 2 (12 – 3 p.m.); FREE
- Include demonstrations, areas for the public to fly their own kites, and candy drops for the kids all throughout the afternoon. Location: Papillion Recreation Complex, 1100 W. Lincoln Street.
See more Kite Festivals coming up!
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; (4 – 6 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4, $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals, and drink.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!