Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week:
- The 2017 Summer Camp Guide is here! Choose from a variety of camps divided into The Arts, Academic Camps, Outdoor Fun, Specialty Camps, and Sports Camps!
- Camp Fun-Plex: SPECIAL DISCOUNT for Family Fun in Omaha readers! Receive $35 OFF of registration for Camp Fun-Plex! (Ends 4/30/17)
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Nebraska Science Festival – April 20 – 29
- The Nebraska Science Festival is a multi-day celebration designed to make science fun for kids and adults alike. Enjoy a wide variety of events for all ages, including many with FREE or discounted admission.
SAC Aerospace Museum: SciPop Interactive – April 29 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE Admission for Youth (0-12)
- Featuring the science behind Harry Potter, Star Trek, & Comic Book Icons. Guests are encouraged to come in costume in support of your favorite character.
- The event is free for guests age 12 and under and general admission applies to adults. General admission is $12 for adults and $11 for military and seniors.
See 10+ Exciting Events at the Nebraska Science Festival here including:
- Many Activities at Omaha Public Libraries
- ‘Inside Out‘ on Greenspace of UNMC
- City Sprouts Community Garden
- plus more!
Arbor Day Celebration at La Vista Community Center – April 27 (10 a.m.)
- Come for an outdoor story time and Arbor Day tree planting followed by Preschool Playtime in the gym. No registration required.
TREEmendous Arbor Day Celebration at Lauritzen Gardens – April 29 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Tree-themed educational activities designed for families to learn about a variety of tree topics. The first 100 households will receive a FREE tree seedling. Included with regular admission or membership. Children who dress like a tree will get in FREE!
Sarpy County Earth Day – April 30 (12 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- Free, indoor event open to the public. Location: BPS Lied Activity Center, 2700 Arboretum Drive, Bellevue.
Family Movie Night at Omaha Kroc Center – April 28 (5:30 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Pete’s Dragon. Themed kid-friendly activities start 30 minutes before the movie (at 5:30 p.m.), and free popcorn during the movie.
Save, Spend, Share Kite Fest – April 29 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE
- Come have fun and learn about money all at once! (Part of Money Smart Week) Families with children (6th grade or younger) will enjoy interactive activities on money related topics.
- Location: Council Bluffs Soccer Complex, 2900 Richard Downing Ave, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Nebraska Youth Ultimate: Learn to Play Clinic for Ages 13-18 – April 29 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), Registration, FREE
- Come for a beginner and intermediate outdoor ultimate frisbee clinic open to all girls and boys ages 13-18. All participants receive a free disc and free lunch. Register today!
Dia del Niño / Day of the Child at El Museo Latino – April 29 (11 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE Admission
- Hands-on activities, Music & Dance, Balloon, Gifts & Prizes, Games, Free Books, and more.
Hot Shops Spring Open House – April 29 (12 – 8 p.m.), April 30 (12 – 5 p.m.), FREE
- Artist studios open for visitors, organized art displays, artist demonstrations, and gallery shows. Demonstrations include Bronze Pouring, Glass blowing, Ceramic Pottery, and more. Location: 1301 Nicholas Street, just one block north of TD Ameritrade Park.
Children’s Day Storytime & Party at Florence Branch – April 29 (2 – 3 p.m.), FREE, Registration Required
- Enjoy stories in French, German, English and Spanish. Learn greetings and common phrases in several different languages! Savor snacks from around the world. Location: 2920 Bondesson St.
Where Books and Art Meet at South Omaha Library – Saturdays (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Each workshop will be taught by professional artists and teachers and will feature a story time and an accompanying arts activity. Partnered with Arts For All. For children ages 8 – 12.
Welcome to Storybook Land at Saddlebrook Branch – April 30 (1 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- Meet and greet eight friends in this character extravaganza: Amelia Bedelia, Elephant and Piggie, Maisy, Pinkalicious, Pout Pout Fish, Tacky the Penguin, the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Scamper. All children attending will receive their very own book to keep. Storytimes will be occurring at 1:30 p.m. with the Very Hungry Caterpillar, 2:15 p.m. with Maisy, and 3 p.m. with Elephant and Piggie.
- Location: 14850 Laurel Ave, Omaha.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – April 2, 9, 23 & 30 (4:00 – 6:00 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4 ($3 for additional person). Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
Outside of Omaha
Annual Arbor Day Celebration in Nebraska City – April 28 – 30
- Celebrate the tree planter’s holiday where it all began – in Nebraska City, Nebraska. The entire community will mark the internationally-celebrated holiday with a parade, craft show, and more.
Arbor Day Family Celebration at Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure – April 29 – 30
- Special Arbor Day events at the Tree Adventure Family Celebration. Regular admission applies.
Outdoor Adventure at Indian Cave State Park – April 29 (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Archery Shooting, Kayaking, Kid’s Horse Rides, Dutch Oven Cooking Demo, Hands-on Activities, Cider Press Demo, and more. Park entry pass required.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!