Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week:
Enter to WIN:
Save 25% off Day Passes at Fun-Plex with special discount for Family Fun in Omaha Readers!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Millard Days – August 23 – 28, 2016
- Millard Days is a full week of activities, including parade, car show, carnival, and family day activities. The Parade starts at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday and runs along Millard Avenue from 132nd Street to P Street.
Fat Brain Toys Drive-In Theater with Team Jack Foundation –
August 26, Movie begins at 8 p.m., FREE – POSTPONED until Sept. 9th.
- Come early and make your own car for the show. Movie: Space Jam. Location: Fat Brain Toys (16909 Burke).
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – August 26; Free Will Donation
- Bring a lawn chair and/or blanket, bug spray, and campfire fare and enjoy an outdoor movie.
- August 26 – 8:10 p.m.
Dundee Day – August 27, 2016
- Fun day to celebrate Dundee. Dundee Parade 10:30 a.m.
Tinkerfest at the Omaha Children’s Museum – August 27, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Features interactive exhibits by area makers and inventors that highlight the process of making things in a way that engages the imagination. Included with museum admission.
Jedi Knight Training – August 27, 10:30 – 12 p.m., FREE
- Features a Jedi training obstacle course, crafts and fun for ages 5-10 at the LaVista Community Center (8116 Park View Blvd).
Midwest Pirate Fest – August 27-28, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., $7-$10
- Multiple live stage performances, hands-on games, free make & take activities, daily children’s treasure hunts and learning demonstrations for the whole family. Location: Bellevue Berry Farm & Pumpkin Ranch.
Dinosaur Days at Gretna Community Church – August 27, 2 – 6 p.m., FREE
- Free games, food, and music. Fossils will be on display. Location: 321 S Highway 6, Gretna.
FREE Summer Concerts continue (Last weekend for many!)
- Friday Night Concerts in Rockbrook Village – Fridays, June 3 – August 26, 2016; 7-8 p.m.
- Saturdays @ Stinson in Aksarben Village – Saturdays, May 7 – August 27, 2016; 7 – 10 p.m.
Family Fun at Two Rivers State Recreation Area – August 27
- Enjoy special events and activities. Visit the Outdoor Calendar for dates, times, and details.
- A Park Entry Permit is required.
Crafts for Kids – Saturdays
Where Books and Art Meet (Registration Required) – August 27 (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12. Location: South Omaha Library.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, August 7, 14, & 28 (12:30-2:30 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4, $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals, and drink.
WorldFest at the Omaha Children’s Museum – August 21 & 28, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Features Omaha’s sister cities around the world. Receive a “passport” to get it stamped at each area and enjoy each city’s activities, crafts, games, performances and traditional food tastings. Included with regular museum admission.
Outside of Omaha
Nebraska State Fair – August 26 – September 5, 2016
- The Nebraska State Fair is an annual 11-day event that is held at the end of August through early September, ending on Labor Day. The fair is hosted at Fonner Park in Grand Island, NE.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!