Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Enter to Win:
- Enter to Win Four Tickets to Bloom Where You’re Planted Farm! – Ends 9/28
- Enter to Win a Mini-Photo Session or Photography 101 Class with Lady Grey Photography! – Plus, save $10 on photo sessions (packages start at only $55 with discount!) – Ends 9/28
- Omaha Kids Art Classes and Programs – NEW!
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, Orchards, and Fall Festivals
- FREE Fall Family-Friendly Activities in Omaha!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events in our Omaha Kids Calendar!
- In addition to the championship rodeos, see many animals and enjoy many activities including the Douglas County Fair, 4-H Stock Show, free interactive family activities, animal zone, and more!
- Heritage Parade is on Saturday 9/27 at 10:00 a.m.
Free “I TRIED IT” Toddler Classes at Hy-Vee 156th & Maple – 9/26, 10:30 a.m.
- Kid-friendly class focusing on encouraging young children to try new foods! Please pre-register with Amanda by contacting her at 402-493-0390 or email@example.com.
Pirate Party at La Vista Public Library – 9/26, 2-3 p.m.
- Join the library and recreation department for a pirate-themed party. Costumes welcome!
Museum Day Live! – 9/27
- The Museum Day Live! Ticket provides FREE Admission to one person, plus a guest, to participating museums across the country on Saturday, September 27, 2014. One ticket per household, for two people.
- Participating Museums include Durham Museum, El Museo Latino, and many others statewide.
National Alpaca Farm Day Open House – 9/27-9/28, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., FREE
- Alpacas of the Heartland in Fort Calhoun opens up their ranch to the public for a FREE Open House. See many alpacas and baby crias. Food is provided for people to feed the alpacas, plus feel the fleece and learn why alpacas are being raised. In addition, there is a large variety of alpaca related items that are for sale during this event.
ARTsarben – 9/27-9/28, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- ARTsarben includes Art Marketplace, Entertainment, and a Food Court. KidZone – Kids of all ages will be able to explore their budding artistic talent and enjoy active play through hands-on art activities & bounce houses. Art activities and bounce houses will require one to three tickets for participation; tickets can be purchased for $.50 each at the KidZone Info Booth in Stinson Park.
Celebrate 60 Years of Learning at Lakeshore Learning Store – 9/27, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., FREE
- Visit any Lakeshore store on September 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to celebrate 60 years of learning with games, goodies and giveaways!
Hispanic Heritage Family Festival at South Omaha Library – 9/27, 1-4 p.m., FREE
- Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month with food, performances, displays and activities. Enjoy free food, bounce houses, face-painting, performances by dance group Xiotal Ballet Folklorico, Andean band Sound de mi Tierra, and salsa band Esencia Latina, as well as our first annual chili pepper-eating contest.
Mark Your Calendars:
Oak View Mall Kid’s Club – 9/30, 10:30 a.m., FREE
- In September, Joslyn Art Museum will help us take a look at artist Jun Kaneko. With pictures of Kaneko’s art as our inspiration children will use model magic clay to sculpt a Dango. Then we will use markers to create beautiful designs.
Westroads Mall Kid’s Club – 10/1, 10 a.m., FREE
- Wiz Bang Super Science Show with the Omaha Children’s Museum.
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!