Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Enter to Win: (3 giveaways!)
- Help prepare for Graduation and Enter to Win $25 Giftcard to Nobbies!
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at The MARK and Enter to WIN $25 Giftcard!
- Win One Week of Summer Camp at Camp Kroc 2016
Popular this Week:
Top Picks this Weekend:
- During April, members of the Omaha Children’s Museum can visit Omaha Kroc Center for FREE!
- Celebrate with a variety of events to celebrate Children’s Day!
Celebrate Arbor Day at La Vista Community Center – 4/28, 10 a.m.
- Come for an outdoor story time and Arbor Day tree planting followed by Preschool Playtime in the gym. No registration required.
- Join the theatrical fun as two of Mo Willems’ most delightfully amusing characters come to musical life on the stage in their Very First Play.
TREEmendous Arbor Day Celebration at Lauritzen Gardens – 4/29, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tree-themed educational activities designed for families to learn about a variety of tree topics. The first 100 households will receive a FREE tree seedling. Included with regular admission or membership. Children who dress like a tree will get in FREE!
Family Movie Night at Salvation Army Kroc Center – 4/29, 5:30 – 8 p.m., FREE
- 5:30 p.m. – Doors Open & Games; 6 p.m. – Book of Life
May Day Baskets at La Vista Public Library – 4/30, 10 a.m., FREE
- 10 a.m. Storytime, 10:30 a.m. Craft. Springtime themed storytime and craft.
Crafts for Kids – Saturdays
- Mangelsen’s – 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., FREE
- Michaels Kids Club – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., $2
- Lakeshore Learning Center – 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., FREE
Arts For All: Where Books and Art Meet – 4/30, 2:30, FREE, Registration Required
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12. Location: South Omaha Library.
La Vista Kite Fly – 5/1, 12 – 4 p.m., FREE
- A popular event with many kites! Bring your own kite and kids can bring a bag for the candy drop.
- La Vista Soccer Complex, just South of 66th & Harrison Streets, La Vista.
- Fans who bring two non perishable Hy-Vee Brand Canned Food items to specific Sunday Omaha Storm Chasers games will receive one free general admission ticket to the McDonalds Berm.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, May 1, 8, 15, and 22; 3:15-5:15 p.m.
- $10 for family of 4, $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals, and drink.
Outside of Omaha
- Celebrate the tree planter’s holiday where it all began – in Nebraska City, Nebraska. The entire community will mark the internationally-celebrated holiday with a parade, craft show, and more.
- Special Arbor Day events at the Tree Adventure Family Celebration includes tree climbing, face painting, live music, and more. Regular admission applies.
Indian Cave State Park Outdoor Adventure – 4/30, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Some of the activities planned are: mushroom hunt contest, fish fry at noon, Morel Mile fun run and 5K, red bud hayrack rides, raptor recovery exhibit, fish tank exhibit, Dutch oven cooking, bee keeper, face painter, cider press demo, and more.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!