Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Enter to Win:
- Enter to win 2 Gift Certificates – one for your child and one for a friend or sibling! The gift certificates are valid for a Cooking Class, Kidz Night Out, or Paint N Pour at Kidz Cook with Joy! Valid through August 2014. ($40-$50 Value!)
Easter Events this Weekend:
- Find details on MANY events happening this weekend!
Earth Day Events this Weekend:
Party for the Planet at the Omaha’s Zoo & Aquarium - 4/19, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Celebrate Earth Day and discover ways you can help save our planet. There will be family fun activities for the whole family to enjoy, including Omaha Street Percussion performing music on recycled trash cans and buckets! Event activities are free to members or with regular paid Zoo admission.
Earth Day Omaha – 4/19, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., FREE
- The free event features exhibit booths, children’s activities, demonstrations and short speaker sessions, plus live music from top local bands and food from area vendors. All activities are designed to educate and inspire attendees to live green and healthy at home and at work.
- Climb A State Champion Tree at Earth Day – 4/19, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Drum Craft at Abrahams Branch – 4/19, 11 a.m.
- Create and decorate a drum using recycled materials (provided by the Library) to beat during the puppet show. Yours to keep!
Find more Earth Day and Arbor Day Events coming next week!
Other Picks this Weekend:
FULL - Hands-on-Habitat at Fontenelle Forest – 4/18
- The April event is FULL. Sign up now for the May Event: May 16 – How to Make a Flower! (Pre-registration FREE with code ParentSavvy)
- ParentSavvy and Fontenelle Forest are providing these special educational, hands-on classes for pre-school age children and parents.
FREE Crafts for Kids at Lakeshore Learning Store – 4/19, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Make a Sunny Days Light Catcher!
Dia del Niño at El Museo Latino - 4/19, 12 – 2 p.m., FREE
- Hands-on activities, music and dance, games and balloons, free books, and more!
Mark Your Calendars:
Nebraska Science Festival – 4/24 – 4/27
- Mark your calendars – The NE SciFest is coming April 24-27! Activities are planned for science fans of all ages including rocket launches, printing press tours, hands-on science experiments, an electric car display, ice cream tour, and planetarium shows at 20 participating sites. Several events have FREE or discounted admission with SciFest ticket.
OPD Salute to Safety Expo at Westroads Mall – 4/26, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., FREE
- Bring the whole family out for a free day of learning and fun-filled activities and meet your local first responders! The event will also offer free child ID kits, free bike helmets (ages 5-12 accompanied by an adult), free t-shirts for kids to design, a prescription drug take-back station (bring in your unused or unneeded medications), face painting, clowns, balloons, and many more hands-on activities. The north parking lot will host a variety of emergency vehicles and live demonstrations.
NEW Oak View Mall Kid’s Club – 4/29, 10:30 a.m., FREE
- Oak View Mall is partnering with Joslyn Art Museum to offer a new Free Kids Club! It will be held on the last Tuesday of every month from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. on the Lower Level near JCPenney, with the next event April 29th!
Lewis and Clark Kite Flying Festival – 5/3, 2 – 5 p.m., FREE
- Stunt kite flying, create and fly a kite, bounce house and face painting, art projects, rope making, family activity booths, plus more!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!