Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy many family-friendly events this Holiday weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Holiday and Winter Fun:
- Omaha Holiday Family Fun Guide
- Omaha Holiday Gift Guide
- 100+ Holiday Events in Omaha
- Amazing Christmas Lights in Omaha
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Gingerbread House Display at the Mormon Trail Center – 11/20 – 12/31, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., FREE
- The 2015 theme is “Christmas in the Heartland.” The center will close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, and will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Holiday Lights Spectacular at Midtown Crossing – 11/21 – 1/1, 7 p.m., FREE
- A choreographed blend of light and holiday music projected on to the Turner Park side of Midtown Crossing’s condominium buildings. Free to the public (three hours of garage parking included). Nightly shows run approximately 20-minutes, beginning at 7 p.m. New music and enhanced effects for optimal viewing.
Tree Lighting at Shadow Lake Towne Center – 11/25, 6 p.m., FREE
- 6:00 p.m. – The Peppermint Elves concert, 6:30 p.m. – Parade, Photos with characters and Live Reindeer, and Carriage Rides.
Community Day at Southwest YMCA – 11/26, FREE
- Community Day on Thanksgiving at the Southwest YMCA. It is free for families to come in and try the Y. The pool will be open for families to come in and swim.
Holiday Lights Festival Thanksgiving Lighting Ceremony – 11/26, 5:30 p.m., FREE
- Come to the Gene Leahy Mall (14th & Farnam) early to enjoy musical performances beginning at 5:30 p.m. At 6 p.m., Mayor Jean Stothert will lead the countdown to the 2015 lighting display.
- After the lighting ceremony, enjoy FREE Making Spirits Bright Holiday Concert at 7 p.m. at the Holland Performing Arts Center.
- Choose from a variety of Christmas Tree Farms in the greater Omaha area where you can Choose and Cut your own Christmas Tree, and enjoy tractor rides and hot chocolate! Find out more here.
Sylvan Learning Center Stop, Drop, and Shop STEM Camp – Black Friday, November 27th
- Mini-Camp for children in grades 1-6 for learning STEM concepts by building robots using LEGO bricks. Parents can do their Black Friday shopping with peace of mind knowing their children will be having a blast!
- Sylvan North Park (2920 N 118th Circle, Suite 105), 402.718.8995: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., $49
- Sylvan of West Omaha (6823 S 167th Street), 402.884.8731: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., $49
- Sylvan of Papillion (819 Tara Plaza), 402.403.0255: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., $69. Each child will also learn the basics of video game coding!
Santa’s Magic Opens at the Omaha Children’s Museum – 11/27 – 12/23
- Join the magical tradition at the museum and see Santa come down the chimney! See a fanciful holiday light show, meet Snow Queen and sing holiday songs to make it snow. Professional photos and packages available for purchase. Included with regular museum admission. Limited seating, tickets required at front desk. See website for schedule.
Countdown to Santa at Regency Court – 11/27, 10 a.m.
- Watch the snowfall inside Regency Court and be the first to tell Santa your wish list. Santa 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. (Santa will take a 30 min. break at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.)
- Frozen Characters 12 – 3 p.m., Reindeer 1 – 3 p.m., Snowfall on the hour in Center Court 12 – 5 p.m.
Christmas at Union Station – 11/27 – 1/3
- The Durham Museum invites you to join in the festivities during Christmas at Union Station. Included with regular museum admission.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony (Friday, November 27, 4 – 8 p.m. – Tree lighting happens at approximately 7 p.m.)
Zamboni Holiday Skate – 11/27 – 11/28, $3
- Come take your picture with the Zamboni! $3 includes admission to skate, skate rentals, drink, and picture opportunity. Optional Santa Available!
- November 27: 4:45 – 6:45 p.m.
- November 28: 12:15 – 2:15 and 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Holiday Lighting Ceremony at Village Pointe – 11/27, 6 p.m., FREE
- Family Concert with The Peppermint Elves – 6 p.m., free cider and cookies, Santa Parade – 7 p.m. After the lighting ceremony, visit Santa inside the Marcus Village Pointe Cinema lobby and enjoy free carriage rides around the center until 10 p.m.
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, 11/27, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18 (6 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- November 27, 6 – 8 p.m. – Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- Each week, there will be a heated tent, free horse and carriage rides, live music, strolling carolers, face painting, coffee, hot cocoa and treats, and Santa and Mrs. Claus!
UNMC Ice Rink Opens – 11/28 – 1/31
- Hours: Tuesday through Friday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Noon to 8 p.m.
- Admission is $7, which includes skates (cash or credit card only-no checks or debit cards).
Winter Wonderland in Downtown Papillion – 11/28, 5 – 9 p.m., FREE
- Enjoy a variety of free activities including carriage rides, bonfire, visits with Santa, popcorn, hot chocolate, photos with live reindeer and so much more.
Victorian Christmas on Main, Plattsmouth – 11/28, 6 – 9 p.m., FREE
- Tree Lighting, Ollie the Trolley, hayrack ride, carolers, kids arts and crafts, and more.
Holiday Magic in Downtown Ralston – 11/29, 3 – 7 p.m., FREE
- Bring your Family to Independence Square, 77th Street & Main Street, for a Wonderful Outdoor Holiday Magic Event!
La Vista Holiday Wintertainment – 11/29 – 12/31
- Enjoy a variety of fun events throughout the Holiday season!
- Santa’s Sleigh Ride (November 29; starting at 3 p.m.)
- Tree Lighting Celebration (November 30; 5:45 p.m.)
100+ Holiday Events in Omaha
- Enjoy 100+ Family-Friendly Holiday Events in Omaha during this special time of year!
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting as events are subject to change.
Popular this Week:
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!