Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
- Omaha Area Fish Fries and Pasta Dinners - With Interactive Map!
- Omaha Area Summer Camps - Browse 50+ camps divided into The Arts, Academic Camps, Outdoor Fun, Specialty Camps, and Sports Camps! Featured This Week:
- Fontenelle Forest Nature Discovery Day Camps - Enjoy a summer of exploration where your child is immersed in nature. Toddlers – 6th grade, plus a special camp for Campers and Grandparent teams!
- Swimtastic Swim School - Help prepare your child for summer with weekly Swim Lessons or daily Summer Camps, where they strive to develop each child’s self-esteem, confidence and love for the water!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Madeline visits Omaha Public Libraries – 3/7 – 3/15
- Enjoy stories & activities with Madeline! See schedule here.
First Friday Family Date Night at Omaha Children’s Museum – 3/7, 4 – 8 p.m.
- Stay late and play until eight on the first Friday of each month during winter hours. Enjoy themed activities and tons of fun for the whole family! Included with regular paid admission or membership.
- March 7: Dr. Seuss Night
Jackie & Me at The Rose Theater – 2/28 – 3/16
- Enjoy the wonderful story of a baseball-obsessed boy who receives a school assignment to write a research paper for Black History Month. Joey can travel back in time and decides to go back to 1947 and meet the great Jackie Robinson. In the process, he learns first-hand the struggles the ballplayer encountered as he broke baseball’s color barrier and leaves with his view of history and definition of courage forever changed.
TAO: Phoenix Rising at the Orpheum Theater – 3/7, 8 p.m.
- The second show in the 2013-2014 Family Series, TAO: Phoenix Rising introduces audiences to the traditional art of Japanese drumming in a very modern way. In addition to drums of varying shapes and sizes, Phoenix Rising will feature other instruments including the Japanese harp, the koto, and the flute.
Kids Dream Winter Film Series at Marcus Theaters – 3/8 (10 a.m.), 3/9 (11 a.m.), $2
- Valid at Twin Creek in Bellevue and Village Pointe in Omaha.
- 3/8 – 3/9 Free Birds
Lowe’s Build and Grow – 3/8, 10 a.m., FREE
- Spring is right around the corner! Bring your kids to Lowe’s and they can build an awesome Birdhouse.
Free Family Craft Time at Michaels – 3/8, 12 – 3 p.m., FREE
- Bloom into spring with this fun, free flower craft at Michaels. Join us in store while supplies last for Free Family Craft Time!
Carnival of the Animals with The Omaha Symphony – 3/9, 2 – 4 p.m., $12
- Part of the Omaha Symphony Family Series: Designed for kids of all ages, these concerts bring music to life in an entertaining and educational way.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena - 3/9, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., $10
- Cost: $10.00 for family of 4, $3.00 for additional person. Includes: Admission, skate rentals, and drink.
We do our best to ensure the information in Family Fun in Omaha is correct, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!