Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Enter to Win:
- Enter to Win $1000 in Home Services from Pure Carpet Omaha and other local businesses! – Ends April 20th!
- Nominate a deserving mom (or yourself!) by April 20th to win the grand prize which includes home cleaning, carpet cleaning, meals, and more! What a way to celebrate Mother’s Day!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Nebraska Science Festival – 4/10-4/18
- Many exciting events for all ages with FREE or discounted admission!
- This weekend:
- McMillan Magnet Center – April 16, 5 – 7 p.m., FREE
- W. Dale Clark Main Library – April 16, 5 – 7 p.m., FREE
- CANCELED – Star Party at the Strategic Air & Space Museum – April 16, 8 – 11 p.m., FREE, Please dress warmly; the program takes place outdoors in the parking lot.
- Public Expo – The Durham Museum – April 18, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. FREE admission with ticket.
- Edgerton Explorit Center – April 18, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., FREE (Aurora, NE)
- City of Valley Library – April 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., FREE
- Metropolitan Community College – April 18, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., FREE
- Star Party at DC West High School – April 18, 8 – 11 p.m., FREE
- Some events require NE SciFest ticket (free to download) or advance registration.
- April 17th is sold out, but you can sign up now for May 15th and next Fall!
- Register with promo code “ParentSavvy” up to 3 times a year for these fun, hands-on classes for children ages 5 and under and their parents.
Earth Day Omaha – 4/18, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Elmwood Park
- The free event features exhibit booths, children’s activities, demonstrations and short speaker sessions, plus live music from top local bands and food from area vendors. All activities are designed to educate and inspire attendees to live green and healthy at home and at work.
- Climb A State Champion Tree at Earth Day – 4/18, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Party for the Planet at the Omaha’s Zoo & Aquarium – 4/19, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Celebrate Earth Day and discover ways you can help save our planet. Stop by conservation-themed booth, listen to Omaha Street Percussion perform music on recycled trash cans and buckets, receive gate gifts, provided by Oriental Trading Company, while supplies last. Included with regular admission.
See more Earth Day and Arbor Day Events through April 26th!
Indian Cave State Park Outdoor Adventure – 4/18, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Family activities include mushroom hunts, fish fry at noon, Morel Mile Fun Run and 5K, Raptor Recovery Exhibit, Red Bud Hayrack Rides, and musical entertainment. Park entry permit required.
Kicks for A Cure – 4/18, FREE
- Come enjoy free high school and collegiate soccer matches in a family friendly atmosphere. All proceeds from the event stay in Omaha. See schedule of matches here.
Mark Your Calendars:
Sylvan’s Bounce into Summer Bash – 4/25, 12:30 – 3 p.m., FREE
- FREE lunch (while supplies last), games with P.E. 101, dance classes with Dance City, open swim with Swimtastic, bounce house, and giveaways.
- Enjoy fun, hands-on activities with Sylvan’s new STEM programs including FREE Robotics & Video Game Coding classes where you can build and animate LEGO® robots and design video games. Plus, sign up for your own free STEM class for your child’s scout group, sports team or group of friends!
Papillion Kite Fly Day – 4/26, 12 – 4 p.m., FREE
- A free fun-filled day that will include demonstrations from the American Kitefliers Association. Areas available to fly your own kites and candy drops for the kids throughout the afternoon. Bring your chair/blanket and kite.
- Papillion Recreation Complex, 1100 West Lincoln Street, Papillion.
La Vista Kite Fly – 5/3, 12 – 4 p.m., FREE
- A popular event with many kites! Bring your own kite and kids can bring a bag for the candy drop.
- La Vista Soccer Complex, just South of 66th & Harrison Streets, La Vista.
Find these and many more events in our Omaha Kids Calendar!
Click to See More:
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!