Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Enter to Win:
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, Orchards, and Fall Festivals
- FREE Fall Family-Friendly Activities in Omaha!
- Pumpkin Patches Opening this Weekend:
- Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch
- Friday, September 12: Opening Night and Celebration of 7th year! Free cotton candy for each paid admission on September 12th, 6-10 p.m.
- September 13th: Zombie Run and Doggie Days at the Pumpkin Patch
- Ewesfull Cowllectables and Harellooms Country Store and more Fall Open Air Market and Pumpkin Patch
- Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events in our Omaha Kids Calendar!
9/11 Remembrance Ceremonies
- Bellevue- American Heroes Park, 6 p.m.
- Sumtur Amphitheater - 911 Remembrance and Military Tribute, 6:30 pm.
- See The Very Hungry Caterpillar come to life with brightly colored puppets and black light visual effects. It is such a fun show to watch! All 3 stories have such simple story lines, yet with a subtle message of being true to yourself.
Omaha Mini Maker Faire at The Omaha Children’s Museum – 9/13, 9-5 p.m.
- Omaha Mini Maker Faire encourages interactive exhibits that highlight the process of making things. This unique, family-friendly event draws makers from all over the Metro and surrounding area to celebrate their fascinating and exciting creativity. Free with paid admission or membership.
Lowe’s Build and Grow – 9/13, 10 a.m., FREE with registration
- Kids can build binoculars this week! Register here.
The Moonshell Storytelling Festival at Mahoney State Park – 9/13, 10:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- All storytelling performances and events are free with park admission. The main stage is at the Mahoney Activity Center.
Touch-A-Truck – 9/13, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., 69th & Pacific, FREE
- Free event with the Child Saving Institute for the entire family where children can see and climb on “real life” vehicles, plus face-painting, prizes, bouncy tents, food, clowns and more.
23rd Annual Intertribal Powwow at MCC’s Fort Omaha Campus – 9/13, 1 – 7:30 p.m., FREE
- Celebrating Native American cultures, the powwow honors the traditional dance, music, artistry, oral history and foods of various tribes across Nebraska and the surrounding region, including, but not limited to, Northern Ponca, Omaha, Santee Sioux and Winnebago.
- There will be informational booths, an outdoor stage with live performances, community art projects, food trucks, + FREE hotdogs for kids. Held at the 402 Arts Collective, on the corner of Maple Street and 60th Avenue in downtown Benson.
Design Zone at The Durham Museum – Ends September 14th
- In Design Zone, you can go behind the scenes and see how videogame developers, music producers, roller coaster designers and other creative problem solvers use math and science to do the amazing things they do.
Mark Your Calendars:
Hands-on-Habitat – Free with Registration – 9/19, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- ParentSavvy and Fontenelle Forest are providing these special educational, hands-on classes for pre-school age children and parents. FREE up to 3x a year with promo code “ParentSavvy”. Register here!
Centris Movie Night and Carnival – 9/19, 6 p.m., FREE
- FREE carnival runs from 6:00-7:30 followed by a showing of Field of Dreams at 7:30.
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!