Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week:
Enter to WIN:
$25 Giftcard to Ragazzi’s Pizza – Ends Sunday!
- With 3 locations to choose from including a NEW Lakeside location, families can enjoy delicious pizza, salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, Kids Menu, and amazing cinnamon rolls. Plus, two locations offer FREE Party Rooms!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
- Find many options for Fall fun at 20+ area pumpkins patches, corn mazes, orchards, and more ongoing Fall events.
Healthy Trick-or-Treat Nights at Omaha Children’s Museum – 10/20 & 10/27, (5:30 – 7:30 p.m.)
- Kids can wear their costumes and collect healthy treats at various stations, get your picture taken with characters, and have a fun and safe night at the museum!
- Included with regular museum admission and is Free to members.
Flick or Treat Kids Series at Marcus Theatres – Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10/7-10/30, (10 a.m.), $3 admission
- Participating local Marcus Theaters are Twin Creek Cinema Bellevue, and Village Pointe Cinema.
- October 21 – 23: Hotel Transylvania 2
- October 28 – 30: Goosebumps
Family Movie Nights at the Omaha Kroc Center – 10/21 (5:30 p.m.), FREE
- Themed kid-friendly activities start 30 minutes before the movie, at 5:30 p.m. FREE popcorn during the movie. October 21: The Good Dinosaur
Halloween Spooktacular at Westwood Plaza – 10/21 (6 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Free trick-or-treat bags, pumpkins, and more. Guest appearances by Elsa, Cinderella, Spiderman, and Superman. Check-in at 12315 West Center Road (Right next to Great Clips.)
- Come after the Halloween Spooktacular this Friday at 8 p.m. for a FREE screening of Hotel Transylvania 2 at Westwood Cinema!
Spooktacular at Omaha Zoo and Aquarium – 10/15, 10/16, 10/21, 10/22, 10/23, 10/28, 10/29 & 10/30; (5:30 – 8:30 p.m.)
- See free-flying bats or nocturnal animals during their daylight cycle. The evening includes admission to Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium after-hours, trick-or-treating and fun interactive activities.
- Purchase tickets in advance for $8.95 per person for Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium members or $9.95 per person for non-members online or at Guest Services. Children 2 and under are free. Spooktacular event tickets do not include general Zoo admission.
AIM codeCraft Kids Workshop – 10/22 (9 and 10 a.m.), FREE
- Kids Workshop: Make an LED Flashlight. RSVP to attend a free workshop. Location: AIM Brain Exchange, 1902 Howard Street.
Planes, Trains & Autos at the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum – 10/22-10/23, (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Guests are encouraged to come in costume and trick or treat at various stations at the museum. Planes, Trains and Autos is a Trick or Treat event intended to educate Museum guests on various modes of transportation from the 1960s. The event will feature five Museum aircraft with connections to Offutt AFB, 20 unique muscle cars, and model trains. Museum educators will work with guests to build a mode of transportation out of boxes showcasing the ever-expanding technologies behind modes of transportation. Included with regular museum admission.
Hummel Harvest Fun Days at Hummel Nature Center – Saturdays, 10/8, 10/15 & 10/22; (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE
- Take a hay rack ride to the pumpkin patch, make crafts, and other fun activities. Hay rack rides will be offered from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Pumpkins are $2 each.) Location: 3033 Hummel Park Road.
Omaha’s Great Pumpkin – Family Festival at Village Pointe – 10/22, (Family Festival & Pumpkin Carving – 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Tree Lighting at 7 p.m.), FREE
- Day of fun raising awareness about Nebraska’s children waiting for foster and adoptive homes. Includes Free family-friendly activities, teen-sponsored contests, and over 1,000 pumpkins all cleaned and ready to be carved by you and your family. The tree will remain lit through Halloween.
Halloween Fun Fest at W. Dale Clark Main Library – 10/22, (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.), FREE
- Youth and adults are all welcome to wear their favorite costumes to the party. Enjoy a shadow storytime, make-and-take crafts, and make some delicious treats. After the party, go trick-or-treating in the library. Location: 215 S. 15th St.
Halloween Party at Hy-Vee – 10/22, (1 – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Stop by your local Hy-Vee for cookie decorating, coloring and mini pumpkin decorating. The first 100 kids in costume through the door will receive a free glow-in-the-dark trick-or-treat bag.
Where Books and Art Meet with Arts for All (Registration Required) – 10/22 (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12. Location: South Omaha Library.
Trunk or Treat at Camelot Community Center – 10/22, (5 – 6:30 p.m.), FREE
- Kids, wear your costumes and parade around to trunks for goodies. Location: 9270 Cady Ave.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; (4 – 6 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4, $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals, and drink.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!