Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Popular this Week:
- 10 Free Things to Do over Holiday Break in Omaha - NEW!
- Family-Friendly New Year’s Events in Omaha – NEW!
- Omaha Holiday Family Fun Guide - Comprehensive resource to help celebrate the Holiday season in Omaha
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events in our Omaha Kids Calendar!
Hands-on-Habitat at Fontenelle Forest – 12/19, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Free with Registration
- Explore birds that are staying for the winter in these special hands-on classes for pre-school age children and parents at Fontenelle Forest! Register for free at ParentSavvy.
“I TRIED IT” Toddler Classes at Hy-Vee 156th & Maple – 12/19, 10:30 a.m., FREE
- Kid-friendly class focusing on encouraging young children to try new foods! Please pre-register with Amanda by contacting her at 402-493-0390 or [email protected].
- The Holidays bring a sense of peace, joy, and excitement as we create and share wonderful memories with our family and friends. Enjoy many Family-Friendly Events this Holiday season in Omaha!
- Jump directly to this week here!
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19 (6 – 8 p.m.)
- Fridays, December 5, 12, & 19th, from 6-8 p.m., there will be free activities each week for the kids!
A Christmas Story, The Musical, at The Rose Theater – 12/5 – 12/28
- Watching the movie has become a family tradition for many, with favorite scenes, classic lines, and humorous adventures. Now you can bring your family to experience the fun live on stage!
Family Movie Night at Salvation Army Kroc Center – 12/19, The Nativity Story, FREE
- 5:30 p.m. – Doors Open, Free Popcorn, & Games; 6 p.m. – Movie
ConAgra Foods Ice Skating Rink is Open - 12/12 – 1/4/15
- $5 admission includes skate rental (admission is still required for patrons who bring their own skates) and benefits Food Bank for the Heartland. Kids under 5 skate free.
- See more places for Ice Skating in Omaha here!
Movie with Santa At Village Pointe Cinema – 12/20, 9 a.m., $3 (cash only)
- Santa & friends will host a special presentation of “Polar Express” with a gathering after the movie for photos with Santa and favorite holiday characters including The Grinch and Rudolph and many of their friends. Admission is $3 per person (cash only) with proceeds going to the Hometown Holidays Gifts for Kids program benefitting children from Nebraska Children’s Home. Tickets go on sale starting December 12th at Marcus Village Pointe Cinema.
Holiday Ice Show & Open Skate at Ralston Arena – 12/20, 12 – 2:30 p.m., FREE
- Holiday Ice Show featuring Omaha’s top competitive skaters: 12 – 1 p.m.; Open House/Public Session: 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Admission to both events is free! Skate rental is free during the Open House from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Story & Cookies with Santa at Best Buy Village Pointe – 12/20, 2 – 3 p.m., FREE
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will serve up cookies and milk along with a story or two for a special holiday get-together. Best Buy is also offering complimentary photos with Santa.
- Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shop
- Gingerbread House Display at the Mormon Trail Center and Kanesville Tabernacle
- Holiday Lights Spectacular and See Decorated Windows at Midtown Crossing
- Holiday Lights Festival Downtown
- Santa’s Magic at the Omaha Children’s Museum
- Christmas at Union Station
- Omaha Public Library Holiday Events
- Santa Sightings at Omaha Community Centers
- Free Carriage Rides at Shadow Lake Towne Center and Village Pointe
- The Holidays are here! Have a fun-filled Holiday Break in Omaha with these 10 free or inexpensive activities!
- Find beautifully decorated houses with bright lights, inflatables, decorations, and some with thousands of lights choreographed to music!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!