Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events in our Omaha Kids Calendar!
FREE Summer Events continue:
- Omaha Splashparks and Spraygrounds - many are open through Labor Day
- Farmer’s Markets
- Summer Concerts
- Kids Bowl Free
La Festa Italiana - 8/29 – 8/31, $5 advance, $6.50 at the door, children under 12 free with adult
- Food, entertainment, and children’s activities. Held at Il Palazzo, the new home of the American Italian Heritage Society. 132nd & Fort.
SeptemberFest Omaha – 8/29 – 9/1, $4.00, Children under 5 admitted free
- Featuring live bands, Kiddie Kingdom, BBQ & Ribeye Steak Cookoff, Midway Carnival, and more.
- Labor Day Parade – Monday at 10 a.m. in Downtown Omaha!
- FREE Parking – They will have a shuttle from Gallup to the front gate of the event. (See shuttle hours here.)
Free Admission to Lauritzen Gardens over Labor Day Weekend – 8/30 – 9/1, FREE
- August 30 through September 1: Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday.
Hometown Festival at Bass Pro Shop - 8/30 – 8/31, 12-5 p.m., FREE
- Free family activities, crafts, face painting, seminars, games, plus more!
- Plus, Honoring Hometown Heroes, August 30th, 2-4 p.m.
Labor Day Weekend at the Omaha Zoo – 8/30 – 9/1, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- There will be wild entertainment including bounce houses and face painting from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and special animal presentations throughout the day for all ages. Event activities are free to Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium members or with regular paid Zoo admission.
StoneBridge Fireworks Bonanza – 8/31, 5 p.m., FREE
- Enjoy family fun, lots of games, live music and a professional fireworks display. Food vendors will be selling a variety of tasty choices (cash only).
Labor Day Parade - 9/1, 10 a.m., Downtown Omaha
- Watch flag carrying honor guards, marching bands, Labor Unions, businesses, floats, animals, horses, clowns and roaming artists!
Omahawks Air Show for Make-A-Wish – 9/1, 12 – 4 p.m., FREE
- Annual Omahawks Air Show benefitting Make-A-Wish. Enjoy this FREE show watching radio-controlled planes & their operators show off their skills all for Make-A-Wish! Food, drinks, and door prize tickets available for purchase.
- Held at Standing Bear Lake Park at 138th and Fort Streets.
Heading Out of Town:
The Nebraska State Fair - 8/22-9/1, Grand Island
- The Nebraska State Fair is an annual, 11-day, event that is held at the end of August through early September, ending on Labor Day. The fair is held at Fonner Park in Grand Island, NE.
Callaway Kite Flight – 8/30 – 8/31, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Callaway, NE, $2 (3 and under Free)
- Come fly your own kite or just watch the professional kite fliers fly their large and colorful array of kites. Watch as hundreds of colorful kites fill the skies over Callaway (about 4 hours west of Omaha). Only $2 per person per day (children 3 and under free). Free parking.
Find many more events in our Omaha Kids Calendar!
Mark Your Calendars:
Parents’ Night Out at Go! Kids’ Gym – 9/5, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Need a Parents’ Night Out? Kids can enjoy games, crafts, and pizza at Go! Kids’ Gym while you enjoy an evening out. Cost is $20 for first child / $15 for additional siblings.
- See The Very Hungry Caterpillar come to life with brightly colored puppets and black light visual effects when it opens the season next week at The Rose Theater!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!