Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Special thanks to DiVentures for sponsoring this Weekend’s Top Picks!
- Join DiVentures for an upcoming Mermaid Camp! Have you ever imagined of being a real life mermaid or shark? Mermaid Camp is the perfect opportunity for both kids and adults to learn to swim underwater as gracefully as a mermaid or shark. Camps include a makeover, underwater photoshoot and your own personal mermaid tail or shark tail to take home!
Popular this Week:
Enter to WIN:
$25 Giftcard to Family Fare Supermarkets – 4 Winners!
$25 Giftcard to Nobbies – NEW!
Save 25% off Day Passes at Fun-Plex with special discount for Family Fun in Omaha Readers!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Kindergarten Traffic Training at Westroads Mall – July 27 – 29; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., FREE
- Children will be formed into small groups. Each group will move through training stages escorted by uniformed police officers and firefighters. Training will last approximately 1 hour.
- Location: Dick’s Sporting Goods Court area, 2nd level
- Many FREE Events coming up including Community Wellness Bash, Healthy Kids Carnival, and more. Plus, many School Supply Drives are also included where you can donate or learn about backpack distribution.
Kids Funfare at Regency Court – Thursdays, June 2 – July 28 (10-11 a.m.), FREE
- FREE Fun activities weekly in Regency Center Court.
Party in the Park with Omaha Parks and Recreation – Thursdays in July, 4 – 7 p.m., FREE
- Fun includes rock wall, bounce house, and DJ!
- Thursday, July 28 – Lee Valley Park (1211 N 108th St)
- Family Fishing Events provide opportunities for people of all ages who have never fished or have not fished in years to learn and enjoy the activity. Rods and reels, as well as bait and fishing instruction, will be available for free. Look for the Family Fishing Trailer at each site. At these events, Game and Parks staff and Certified Fishing Instructors teach families the basics of this fun and relaxing activity. Appropriate fishing and park permits are required.
Gretna Days – July 28 – 31
- Carnival, fireworks, car show, community picnic, and more.
- Enjoy special events all Summer including magicians, science shows, Out and About Storytimes, and more!
- Omaha Public Library highlights this Weekend: Elkhorn Summer Finale Party, Gaming Truck, Out and About Storytime for preschoolers at Bounce U, and more. See Calendar for details on each event.
- City of Omaha’s Hydrant Party Schedule – Three different locations every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from June 13 through August 5, 2016, with the first stop beginning at 12 p.m.
- Council Bluffs Hydrant Parties – Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 9 – August 11, 2016; 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. at various locations. Subject to change. Canceled if inclement weather.
Fun Days at Two Rivers State Recreation Area – July 30 – 31, FREE (Park Permit Required)
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – Fridays, May 20 – August 26, 2016 (every 2 weeks); Free Will Donation
- Bring a lawn chair and/or blanket, bug spray, and campfire fare and enjoy an outdoor movie.
- Zip lines will be open for 1 hour prior to the start time of each movie. Minors must have waiver filled out by adult guardian. Cost: $10/person for two 350 ft. rides.
- No movies will be shown if the weather is rainy. Due to copyright issues, titles may not be shared publicly, but can be received by emailing email@example.com.
- Date and Approximate Start Time:
- July 29 – 8:55 p.m.
Starlight Movie Series at Sumtur Amphitheater – May 27 – August 19, 2016; FREE
- Enjoy free family movies under the stars. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. with movies starting at dusk. All movies are scheduled around ticketed events and dates may change.
- Be sure to confirm dates and times as they are subject to change.
- July 29: Zootopia
- July 30: Kids 4 Kids Presents Toy Story
Movies in Bayliss Park, Council Bluffs – Fridays, June 3 – August 5, 2016; Dusk; FREE
- Bring your blankets, lawn chairs, snacks, family, and friends. Concessions will be available for purchase.
- July 29: Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
Kid’s Dream Summer Film Series at Marcus Theaters – June 12 – August 17, 2016 (Sundays, Mondays & Wednesdays at 10 a.m.); Admission: $3
- In Omaha, participating theaters include Majestic, Village Pointe and Twin Creek in Bellevue.
- For FREE tickets: Visit one of the participating agents at American Family Insurance or just click here!
- July 31-August 1, 3: Ratchet & Clank
Farmer Appreciation Day at Village Pointe Farmers Market – July 30 (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.), FREE
- In addition to the regular market, you’ll also enjoy face painting and bounce house for the kids, live music, and craft vendors.
Offutt Air Show and Defenders of Freedom Open House – July 30 – 31 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), FREE
- The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds are scheduled to be the premier act!
Benson Days – July 30 – 31
- An annual celebration for the community of Benson.
- Includes Arts For All Round-Up – Free or low cost mini-lessons in art, dance, and music. (July 30)
Wild, Wild West Day at The Durham Museum – July 30 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- The Durham is once again teaming up with Wild West Creations to bring back the Old West. Fun includes Cowboy Roundup, play games, meet mini horses, practice your roping skills, and more.
Crafts for Kids – Saturdays
Where Books and Art Meet (Registration Required) – July 30 (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Explore your creative side every week with art projects based on books and illustrations. Classes are taught by professional artists and art teachers in partnership with Arts For All. For children ages 8-12. Location: South Omaha Library.
Moms LOVE Groms with The Neighborhood. Offshore – July 30 (3 – 4:30 p.m.)
- FUN Outdoor Mommy and Me program where you will enjoy a project using recyclables and SUP 101 (Stand Up Paddleboard!). $15/per mom (registration includes child(ren)). Register in advance.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, July 10, 17, 24 & 31 (12:30-2:30 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4, $3 for additional person. Price includes: admission, skate rentals, and drink.
Looking to Travel? Fun events outside of Omaha:
- Craft fair, visit with Santa, kids can make Christmas ornaments, jingle bell horse drawn sleigh rides, Pioneer Christmas stories, games for the whole family, and more.
Indianola Hot Air Balloon Festival – July 29 – August 6
- Morning and evening balloon flights, Night glows, fireworks, and more.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!