Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Enter to Win:
- Enter to Win An Imagination Movers Prize Pack + See their FREE Concert at Loessfest May 29th!
- 50+ Things to Do in Omaha with Kids this Summer + Links to Things to Do Around the Country with Kids – NEW!
- FREE Summer Movies
- Spraygrounds and Splash Parks
- FREE Summer Activities
Top Picks this Weekend:
Salute To Summer Festival in La Vista (formerly La Vista Daze) – 5/21 – 5/24
- Parade, Carnival, Hot Wheels Races, Community Cookout, Fireworks, Free Concert, Family Pool Party
Starlight Movie Series at Sumtur Amphitheater – May 22 – August 21, FREE
- Enjoy free family movies under the stars. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. with movies starting at dusk.
- May 22nd – Muppets Most Wanted
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – Fridays, May 22 – August 28 (every 2 weeks), Free Will Donation
- Bring a lawn chair and/or blanket, bug spray, and campfire fare and enjoy an outdoor movie.
- No movies will be shown if the weather is rainy. Due to copyright issues, titles may not be shared publicly, but can be received by emailing [email protected].
- May 22 – 9:10 p.m.
Loessfest in Council Bluffs – 5/23 – 5/31
- An entire week of FREE events to celebrate Council Bluffs, including Chicago in concert, fireworks, picnic in the park, movie in the park, Disney Day, + more!
- Disney Day at Loessfest – Friday, May 29, Featuring Imagination Movers and Big Hero 6
- Children’s Parade at 9 a.m (Register for Free here) and the Grand Opening of LEGO Travel Adventure, Hy-Vee Grocery Store, and Fairytale Land!
- Using hands-on challenges, authentic artifacts and guidance from archaeologists, Lost Egypt shows how modern science and technology can reveal the mysteries of Egypt, its culture and its people. Included in regular admission.
Gardens Gone Wild at Lauritzen Gardens – Opens May 23
- Lauritzen Gardens Gone Wild is an art adventure where more than 30 whimsical sculptures by nationally-acclaimed wildlife sculptor Dan Ostermiller find summer residency in the beautiful surroundings of Lauritzen Gardens from May 23 through October 4, 2015.
Memorial Day Weekend at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium – May 23 – 25, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- There will be wild entertainment including bounce houses, face-painting and special animal presentations. Included in regular admission.
Paint with The Giggle Farm – 5/23, 2 – 6 p.m., FREE
- Author Christopher J. McLucas, Illustrator Bob Donlan and Christopher James McLucas will be hosting a painting session for the children of the metro area. It is free and open to all ages. Held at The KANEKO-UNO Library in the Old Market District 12th & Jones St.
- Free Community Day at the Southwest YMCA (this location only) on Memorial Day! Families can enjoy the pool and other activities.
Mark Your Calendars:
Join princesses for a treasure hunt in Elmwood Park, followed by a tea party in the Pavilion with cupcakes and sweets!
- Reserve your spot now as only a few tickets will be available for each session – 5 sessions available. Parents and children ages 3 and up are $8.00 (+ $1.40 ticket fee). Siblings under 3 are free with a paid ticket.
Click to See More:
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!