Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Popular this Week
Enter to Win
- Enter to WIN $25 Giftcard to Nobbies!
- Enter to WIN four passes to the Night at the Museum – Sokol Suit event at the SAC Museum on October 21, 2017 from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Top Picks this Weekend:
Nobbies Haunt Fair and Spooktacular Carnival – Oct. 8 (1 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- Watch a magician perform, enjoy Halloween crafts, play carnival games, win prizes, take your picture with your favorite costumed character, and more.
Super Hero Trick-or-Treat at the SAC Aerospace Museum – Oct. 7 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Two super hero characters, “Wonderful Woman” and “Spider Guy,” will provide an autographed picture and be present for picture opportunities. Museum educators will help young guests create their own super hero cape and guests are encouraged to come in costume, bring a bag, and trick-or-treat around various stations at the Museum. Included in regular admission.
Planes, Trains & Autos at The SAC Aerospace Museum – Oct. 7 – 8
- Features aircraft, unique muscle cars along with rare autos, and several model train displays throughout the Museum. Included in regular admission.
Books with Blue – Oct. 6 (10 a.m.)
- Special storytime with the La Vista Police Department, followed by donuts and a craft.
- Location: La Vista Public Library, 9110 Giles Road.
Family Night at the Union Pacific Railroad Museum – Oct. 6 (5 – 7 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy special events on the First Friday of Every Month. Visitors to the Union Pacific Museum will experience “¡Todos a Bordo!: Hispanic Heritage Night at the Museum.”
Villains Takeover! at the Omaha Children’s Museum –Oct. 6 (5 – 8 p.m.)
- Arrive early to play in the museum, and then enjoy themed activities inspired by pop culture villains starting at 5 p.m. Costumes are encouraged. Family costume contest. Included with museum admission.
Harvest Fest at Village Pointe Farmers Market – Oct. 7 (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.), FREE
- Free hayrack rides, bounce house for the kids, face painting, pumpkin decorating, live music, craft vendors, specialty products from local farmers, and more.
Home Depot Kids Workshops – Oct. 7 (9 a.m. – 12 p.m.), FREE
- Build a fire house bank.
City Sprouts Harvest Festival – Oct. 7 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- Family-friendly event features activities for children, light snacks, and beverages. Location: City Sprouts, 4002 Seward St, Omaha.
October Harvest Spoon Tour – Oct. 7 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Travel through Iowa’s Loess Hills and celebrate the food and culture of western Iowa. Visit all 7 partner businesses along the Harvest Spoon route for a variety of experiences including tours, samples, experiences & much more.
Owl Prowl at Hummel Park Nature Center – Oct. 7 (7 – 9 p.m.), FREE
- Explore the trails at night, cook fire roasted marshmallows, and learn all about owls from a guest speaker from Raptor Recovery. Remember to bring a flashlight.
- RSVP online at parks.cityofomaha.org under “Activity Registration” button.
La Vista One Sky, One World Kite Festival – Oct. 8 (12 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- A popular event with many kites! See giant beautiful kites or bring your own kite to fly. Location: La Vista Soccer Complex (just South of 66th & Harrison Streets, La Vista).
Fire Department Open House – Oct. 8 (1 – 3 p.m.)
- Meet the firefighters, tour the station and fire trucks, and more.
- Location: Station 4, 8110 Parkview Blvd., La Vista.
Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch – Sept. 9 – Oct. 31
- Skinny Bones’ 10-acre corn maze is their most popular attraction. Activities also include the Pee Wee Maze, giant jump pillow, pedal karts, hayrack ride, bonfires, the pumpkin patch, and more!
- Spend the day exploring the Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure and picking apples!
More Helpful Resources
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!