Summertime is FULL of things to do with kids in the Omaha Area! Enjoy an adventure-filled summer full of memories and experiences with this Omaha Summer Fun Guide!
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
1. See helicopters land right in front you at Helicopter Day (May 28th) at The Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum.
2. Experience a week of FREE events at Loessfest, including the Imagination Movers Concert and movie “Inside Out“, part of the opening night “Riverfront Block Party” on May 28!
4. Venture on a hiking or walking trail in the Omaha area.
5. Play in the special Summer Exhibit Pirates and Mermaids: Voyage to Creature Cove (May 28 – September 4) at the Omaha Children’s Museum.
6. See Odyssey’s SHIPWRECK! Pirates & Treasure (May 28 – August 28) at The Durham Museum.
7. Watch a parade at a local Community Celebration.
8. Go bowling with the Kids Bowl Free program.
9. Slide down the slides at the Zorinsky Aquatic Center.
10. Bring the kids fishing at one of the Free Family Fishing Events.
11. Go down the slides at Splash Station in Fremont.
12. Go to a FREE Outdoor Movie at Loessfest, Sumtur Amphitheater, Midtown Crossing, Flix at the Chef in Elkhorn, Bayliss Park in Council Bluffs, or Camp Fontanelle.
13. See the amazing sculptures at Sand in the City (June 11-12), at their new location at Baxter Arena.
14. Participate in Free Junior Golf League Clinics (June 13, 14, and 15th).
15. Swim at area pools or waterparks.
16. See Disney’s The Little Mermaid at The Rose Theater (June 3 – June 26).
17. Walk around Heartland of America Park and see the beautiful fountain.
18. Splash in a Hydrant Party.
19. See a movie at the NEW Drive-In Theater at Sokol Park.
20. Register for a Free Program at Do Space including Littles Lab, Big Littles Lab, Junior Makers, and classes for adults.
21. Find 10+ Free Things to Do Indoors on those hot or rainy days.
22. Explore many parks and playgrounds including the Adventure Playground at Lake Zorinsky and Benson Park.
23. Explore the FREE ArtWorks interactive space at Joslyn Art Museum.
24. Splash in many of the 15+ Spraygrounds and Splash Parks! These are perfect for days when we have nothing else planned.
26. Collect several impressions in the Nebraska Great Park Pursuit.
27. Enjoy many of the FREE Summer Activities in Omaha.
28. Splash and swim at Papio Bay.
30. Participate in one of the Kids Clubs at Oakview, Westroads, or Shadow Lake.
31. Watch the fireworks at many Fourth of July Events.
32. See a movie that is part of the Kids Summer Movie Program at Regal Cinemas or Marcus Theaters.
33. Join the Summer Reading Program at Omaha Public Libraries, and participate in many of the fun events they have all Summer.
34. Play in the big indoor play area at Mahoney State Park.
35. Explore the Old Market and slide down the slides in Gene Leahy Mall.
36. Participate in one of the many Summer Camps.
37. Hike the waterfall trail at Platte River State Park.
38. Go Geocaching.
39. Visit a local Farmers Market.
40. Participate in the CWS FanFest and watch a CWS game (June 18-28/29).
41. Drive through the Wildlife Safari Park and hike on some of the trails.
42. Participate in a Vacation Bible School.
43. Participate in one of the many programs including Open Gym at Omaha Community Centers.
44. Attend a Free Summer Concert at Aksarben Village, Midtown Crossing, Shadow Lake, Village Pointe, Bridge Beats, or one of the many other locations.
45. Join the huge Bank of the West Concert with Kenny Loggins followed by Fireworks at Memorial Park (July 1).
46. Cheer on the Omaha Storm Chasers.
47. Hike at Fontenelle Forest.
48. Take a Day Trip from Omaha to Brownville, Plattsmouth, Lincoln, and more.
50. Walk across the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge.
51. Make a craft at Mangelsen’s, Michaels, or Lakeshore Learning Store.
52. Visit 5 local attractions including Lauritzen Gardens and The Durham Museum during Railroad Days (July 16-17).
Have a wonderful summer!
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.