Looking for fun things to do with your kids over Fall Break in Omaha?
Enjoy these 10 Fun Things to Do to have a fantastic Fall Break!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
10 Things to Do Over Fall Break in the Omaha Area
- Kite Festival, Halloween Events, Fall Festival, Fire Prevention Week activities, Harvest Fun Days, and more FREE Fun this October!
2. Visit a Pumpkin Patch
- Choose from one of 16 of the Best Pumpkin Patches in the Omaha Area!
3. Go Apple-Picking at an Omaha Area Apple Orchard
- Picking apples is a favorite Fall tradition. Choose from 10 Apple Orchards in the Omaha Area!
4. Visit Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City + NEW Treetop Village
- Spend the day exploring the Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure and the NEW Treetop Village!
5. Hummel Harvest Nights – Oct. 11 & 18 (6 – 8:30 p.m.); [REGISTER], FREE
- These evenings include hiking, campfires, s’mores, crafts, games and other activities.
- Location: Hummel Park Nature Center, 3033 Hummel Park Rd., Omaha, NE.
**Note: Be sure to check with the Omaha Public Library Calendar for updates to events.
- Thursday, Oct. 10, 6-8:30 p.m.: Teen Movie Night at Milton R. Abrahams Branch, 5111 N. 90th St., 402-444-6284. Ages 12-18 are invited to enjoy a movie, snacks and discussion.
- Friday, Oct. 11, 2-4 p.m.: High School Escape Rooms at Charles B. Washington Branch, 2868 Ames Ave., 402-444-4849. Students in grades 9-12 can try escaping from the room in 30 minutes. Registration is required and space is limited. Contact Nancy Novotny at email@example.com or 402-444-4849.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2-2:45 p.m.: Wildlife Encounters at Millard Branch, 13214 Westwood Ln., 402-444-4848. Learn about wild animals that share the planet.
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 2-3 p.m.: Fun with Books at Millard Branch. Join us for a spirited retelling of “If You Give A Dog A Donut” by Laura Numeroff, as well as games, activities, and food inspired by the book.
- Friday, Oct. 18
- 2-4 p.m.: Middle School Escape Rooms at Charles B. Washington Branch. Students in grades 6-8 can try escaping from the room in 30 minutes. Registration is required and space is limited. Contact Nancy Novotny at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-444-4849.
- 2-4 p.m.: Teen Halloween Gaming at Saddlebrook Branch, 14850 Laurel Ave., 402-444-5780. Play spooky games such as “One Night Ultimate Werewolf” and “Betrayal at the House on the Hill” in the young adult room. Snacks will be provided.
- 2-4 p.m.: Game Time at A.V. Sorensen Branch, 4808 Cass St., 402-444-5274. Play games on Wii, Xbox 360 Kinect, Wii U and Nintendo Switch, or board games.
- Thursday, Oct. 24, 2-3 p.m.: Scaled Tales with Papio NRD at Milton R. Abrahams Branch. Learn about interesting ectotherms like snakes and lizards with help from animal educators from Papio NRD and some special Nebraska residents.
- Friday, Oct. 25:
- 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Fontenelle Forest Raptor Recovery at Florence Branch, 2920 Bondesson St., 402-444-5299. Meet native Nebraska raptors while learning about their hunting skills and habitats. Touch artifacts, learn about the history of these animals, and hear the actual calls of the amazing birds.
- 2-4 p.m.: Grades 2-6 Escape Rooms at Charles B. Washington Branch. Students in grades 2-6 can try escaping from the room before time is up! Registration is required and space is limited. Contact Nancy Novotny at email@example.com or 402-444-4849.
- Visit omahalibrary.org for more information on these and additional events and resources at Omaha Public Library’s 12 locations.
7. FREE Halloween Events in Omaha
- Choose from FREE Halloween Events in Omaha throughout October including carnivals, costume contests, trick-or-treating, festivals, storytimes, and more!
8. MORE Halloween Events!
- Ghouls and Glow at the Omaha Zoo, Cobweb Castle at the Omaha Children’s Museum, and more to celebrate Halloween all month long!
9. Fall Fun in Nebraska State Parks – Oct. 4 – 26
- Celebrate Fall and Halloween at many Nebraska State Parks.
10. TreeRush Adventures at Fontenelle Forest
- Experience zip lines, rope obstacles, moving walkways, and many other exciting challenges through the beautiful treetops – so much FUN for the whole family! TreeRush Adventures at Fontenelle Forest
11. Go on a Drive to See the Best Scenic Areas and Places to See Fall Colors Near Omaha
- Fall is beautiful in and around Omaha! We asked our readers to share their favorite areas and best scenic drives near Omaha to see Fall colors!
12. Venture to one of the 9 Area Haunted Houses & Scary Attractions
- Find many local Haunted Houses and Scary Halloween Attractions in Omaha and the surrounding area!
13. Go on a Hike
- Enjoy many hiking and walking trails in the Omaha Area with kids!
14. Check out some of the Discounts at Omaha Area Attractions
- Save on family fun at several local attractions with these current discounts available now through Groupon and Living Social.
Have a wonderful Fall season!
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
Other helpful resources: