Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died while serving our country. This weekend is also the unofficial start to summer with many special events, parades, concerts, and family barbecues. More events will be added as we get closer to the weekend. Enjoy this special time with your families!
Memorial Day Ceremony at Memorial Park – May 27, 11 a.m.
- This is a community event open to the general public to honor our fallen heroes and their families for the sacrifices that they have made for our rights and freedoms.
May Kids Club & SprayGround Kick-Off at Shadow Lake Towne Center – May 23, 1 p.m.
- Come ready to splash in the SprayGround and dance to the tunes of “The String Beans”!
La Vista Daze – May 23 – 26, Most events are FREE
- Enjoy a carnival, touch-a-truck, cookout, concert, fireworks, parade, remote-controlled airplane show, plus more!
LoessFest and Great Lawn Light Display – River’s Edge Park, Council Bluffs, May 25 – June 8, FREE
- May 25 – The Beach Boys
- May 26 – Omaha Symphony, SAC Band, and Fireworks
- May 27 – Playing with Fire Concert and Food Truck Festival
Children’s Parade with Omaha Children’s Museum – May 25, 9 a.m., Registration is FREE
- Dress up your bike, trike, stroller or wagon and join in the parade to kickoff summer!
A Bug’s World at the Omaha Children’s Museum – Opens May 25
- Get friendly with giant robotic bugs in A Bug’s World, the larger-than-life interactive exhibit.
A T.Rex Named Sue at The Durham Museum – Opens May 25
- SUE is the largest, most complete, best preserved Tyrannosaurus Rex in the world.
Joslyn Art Museum – FREE Admission begins May 25
- Enjoy FREE Admission plus in 2013, all special exhibitions are included!
Memorial Day Weekend at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium – May 25 – 27, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- There will be wild entertainment including an obstacle course bounce house, DJ and special animal presentations for all ages. Be sure to visit Dinosaurs Alive! while there!
Movie Nights at Camp Fontanelle – May 25, 9:10 p.m.
- Bring a lawn chair and/or blanket, bug spray, and campfire fare and enjoy the outdoors at a “sit – in” movie.
South Omaha Open Play Streets – May 26, 2 – 7 p.m., FREE
- Join Open Streets Omaha for a fun-filled FREE afternoon at South Omaha’s Play Streets (Ciclovía) on S. 24th St. from L St. to P St.
- School’s Out For Summer at Sumtur Amphitheater – May 24, 12 – 5 p.m.
- Bridge Beats Friday Night Music Series at Bob Kerrey Bridge Plaza – May 24, 7 p.m.
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series at Shadow Lake Towne Center – May 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Vibes at Village Pointe Summer Concert Series – May 25, 6:30 p.m.
- Saturdays at Stinson Park in Aksarben Village – May 25, 7 p.m.
Plus, many Omaha Area Spraygrounds open this weekend!
It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
Have a wonderful weekend!