Celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day (which started right here in Nebraska!) with many activities and events!
It is always a good idea to verify the event information as details may change.
Mini Earth Day Omaha – April 17, Elmwood Park
- The free event features exhibit booths, children’s activities, demonstrations, and short speaker sessions.
- Virtual Nebraska Earth Day Passport: April 15 – May 15, 2021
- Location: Elmwood Park, 802 S. 60th St., Omaha, NE.
Virtual Party for the Planet – April 19 – 23, FREE
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium will be hosting a week-long virtual celebration for our annual Party for the Planet event.
- Location: Online.
Earth Day at Omaha Children’s Museum – April 22 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.), included with museum admission [REGISTER]
- Create your own nature art, make a garden in a glove, and more at Omaha Children’s Museum.
- Location: 500 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE.
VIP Hummel Earth Day Clean-Up at Hummel Nature Center – April 24 (9 – 11:30 a.m.), FREE [REGISTER]
- Help clean up Hummel Park for the spring. Bring your friends and family for a fun day of volunteering and enjoy giving back to your community and the environment. All ages.
- Location: 3033 Hummel Park Rd., Omaha, NE.
Celebrate Earth Day at Fat Brain Toys – NEW DATE: April 24 (11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- Join in for Kindermusic and Wondernook, where kids will get to make their own terrarium and learn all about plant life.
- This is an outdoor event.
- Location: 16909 Burke St., Ste. 131, Omaha, NE.
Flower Power! at Joslyn Art Museum –
April 24 (12 – 2 p.m.), FREE [REGISTER] FULL
- A family-friendly, art-making event celebrating art and our earth. Paint flower pots, creating tissue flowers, or weave a basket. Soil and flower seeds will be available to plant.
- If April showers occur, this event and all registrations will be moved to Sunday, April 25, noon-2 pm.
- This event is free and open to the public, but space is limited and advance registration is required. Registration opens April 5.
- Location: 2200 Dodge St., Omaha, NE.
TREEmendous Arbor Day Celebration at Lauritzen Gardens – April 30, included with admission [Timed Tickets required]
- Celebrate Arbor Day by taking a walk through the arboretum or the woodland walk. The first 100 households will receive a FREE tree seedling.
- Location: Lauritzen Gardens, 100 Bancroft St., Omaha, NE.
La Vista Arbor Day Celebration – April 30 (6 – 7 p.m.), FREE
- Arbor Day proclamation, tree planting, and storybook walk around the pond. Everyone receives a special goody bag, including a tree sapling (while supplies last)!
- Location: Small pond near Santa’s Workshop, 8305 Parkview Blvd., La Vista, NE.
City Nature Challenge – April 30 – May 3, FREE [REGISTER]
- Get to know the plants, animals, and fungi that are in our backyards, our parks, and our neighborhoods to better understand how our lives affect the ecology around us.
- Location: Online.
- See 10+ Exciting Events at the Nebraska Science Fest here!
Free Entrance Day in the National Parks – April 17
Annual Arbor Day Celebration in Nebraska City – April 30 – May 2
- Home, Craft, & Garden Market; Arbor Day Weekend Celebration; Arbor Day Parade; Annual Arbor Day Fly-In Breakfast; Arbor Day 5K/10K Run/Walk; and much more.
Lincoln Earth Day – TBA
- Lincoln Earth Day is a free, kid-friendly event for the entire family to enjoy. There will be musical performances, hands-on demonstrations, food trucks, green vehicles, and more.
- Location: Union Plaza, N. 21st St., Lincoln, NE.
Have a wonderful celebration!
Find more April Fun:
Party for the Planet at the Omaha Zoo – TBA, Regular admission applies
- Visit with vendors from local conservation organizations and enjoy Omaha Street Percussion who perform music on recycled trash cans and buckets.
- Location: 3701 S. 10th St., Omaha, NE.
Sarpy County Earth Day – TBA
- The annual Sarpy County Earth Day Celebration & Expo will feature fun and educational environmentally-friendly activities with a highlight on the environmental efforts in our community. This is a FREE, indoor event.
- Location: BPS Lied Activity Center, 2700 Arboretum Dr., Bellevue, NE.