Enjoy many FUN Things to Do on Spring Break in Omaha with many Family-Friendly Events, Indoor Activities and Pools, Spring Break Camps, Current Local Exhibits, Movie Specials, Day and Weekend trips, Discounts, and more! (pictured: Platte River State Park)
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha Family-Friendly Events and Activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Free Fun in March
- Enjoy many family-friendly events, including these 10+ FREE Events in March, divided by week!
Exciting Events in March
- Dinosaurs, Pirates, Arendelle at Night, Robots, Movies, and more FUN Events this March!
Visit Current Exhibits
- See the model train, walk through the trains, and experience the current exhibits. Included with regular admission.
- Visit Joslyn Art Museum for FREE and experience the FREE interactive hands-on Art Works space!
Dinosaur UpROAR at Lauritzen Gardens – Jan. 17 – May 12
- This life-sized adventure through the fauna and fearsome flora of Lauritzen Gardens is a fun and realistic glimpse into the prehistoric world for the whole family to enjoy.
- Enjoy two special exhibits – Super Sports (open through Apr. 14th) and Attic Adventures (open through Sept. 1st) – plus special events! Included with regular admission.
- Enjoy this Spring with this Omaha Favorite! Regular admission applies.
- The Robot Zoo (Jan. 19 – May 10), Children’s Learning Center, and special events. Included with regular admission.
- Enjoy many interactive exhibits. Open Thursday-Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Spring Break Camps
- Explore, discover, and learn at a variety of Spring Break Camps in Omaha!
- Looking for fun indoor swimming pools and waterparks in Omaha? Kids will love splashing and playing around at these fun locations in Omaha!
Kids Dream Winter Film Series + More FUN at Marcus Theatres this March
- The Kids Dream Winter Film Series at Marcus Theaters is back! See family-friendly movies on Saturdays and Sundays at 10 a.m. Admission is only $3.00. You can also download FREE Tickets! See list of movies and schedule here.
- Plus many MORE FUN Events this March at Marcus Theatres in the Omaha Area:
- FREE Popcorn Weekend (March 15-17) with ticket purchase
- $1 Retro Favorites (Majestic of Omaha and Twin Creek only)
- Dumbo Kids Party
- These month-long specials are available at Marcus Majestic of Omaha (144th & Maple), Twin Creek (3909 Raynor Parkway, Bellevue) and Village Pointe Cinemas (174th & Dodge). Keep reading here for further details!
Spring Break Fun at Omaha Public Libraries
- Attend one of the many FREE and fun programs offered at your favorite branch. There may be age and registration requirements. Visit omahalibrary.org for more information.
Spring Break Fun at Sherman Community Center
- March 11 – 15 (12 – 3 p.m.) at Sherman Community Center, FREE. Ages 6-12. No registration required. Foosball, air hockey, basketball, and arts and crafts. Questions? Call 402-444-5673.
- Location: 5701 N 16th St., Omaha.
Sponsored by Grover Ice, Omaha’s Midtown Ice Rink
- Enjoy several indoor and outdoor options for Ice Skating in the Omaha Area!
Miniature Golf in the Omaha Area
- Play Mini Golf at a variety of indoor and outdoor locations in Omaha!
Hiking and Walking Trails with Kids
- As the snow melts and ice thaws, it hopefully will warm up enough to enjoy many hiking and walking trails in the Omaha Area with kids!
Discounts and Deals
Omaha Area Fish Fries (with Map)
- It’s Fish Fry Season again! Enjoy good food, great fellowship, and support your local community at the same time! Find a variety of Fish Fries with interactive map!
Things to Do with Kids in Omaha
For more ideas for family fun during all seasons of the year in the Ultimate Guide of Things to Do in Omaha.
Day and Weekend Trips from Omaha
- Looking for a great Day Trip or Weekend Getaway from Omaha?
10 Midwest Indoor Waterparks
- Love waterparks that are open all year round? They are fun for the entire family and a great way to spend those cold Winter months or rainy spring afternoons. We’ve rounded up some Fun Midwest Indoor Waterparks!
Have a wonderful fun-filled Spring Break!