Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Enter to WIN:
- Enter to WIN a Family Pass to the Omaha Kroc Center and check out their exciting pool updates including a 2 1/2 story slide! – NEW!
Top Picks this Weekend:
**Due to the Weather Forecast, please verify before visiting as many of these events may be rescheduled or canceled.
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Polar Bear & Penguin Party at La Vista Library – Jan. 13 (10 a.m.), FREE
- Enjoy wild winter fun with polar bear and penguin activities and crafts. Ideal for children five and under.
2nd Saturday Program at Heron Haven – Jan. 14 (10 – 11 a.m.), FREE
- Who is making little footprints across the snowy trail at Heron Haven and in your backyard? Come learn more about animal tracks and receive a free Nebraska Wild Animal Tracks booklet from the NE Games and Parks Commission. Enjoy hot cocoa in the Nature Center.
Dinosaur Discovery at Lakeshore Learning Store – Jan. 14 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Hands on science stations, hourly stories, crafts.
Nature Connects: Art With LEGO® Bricks at Lauritzen Gardens – Opens Jan. 14 – May 15 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- 450,000+ LEGO® bricks, 13 incredible displays, and “Play and Let it Stay” station. Included with regular admission.
Indoor Air Show at Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum – Jan. 14 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- The Indoor Air Show brings the fun and excitement of an air show inside with radio-controlled (R/C) models. Pilots demonstrate loops, flips, and barrel rolls, Drone workshop, Ultralight demonstration and more. This is also the opening day of a new exhibit, Black Holes! Included with regular admission.
Cold Day, Warm Hearts, and Family Fun at Mahoney State Park – Jan. 14 (3 – 6 p.m.)
- Bring the whole family to the Owen Marina to participate in outdoor education activities, fishing, crafts, and roasting hot dogs and s’mores over an open bonfire (Hotdog, chips and drink for sale, $2.00 per meal. S’mores Kits for sale, $2,00 each.) A Park Entry Permit is required.
Saddlebrook’s Giving Hands – Jan. 8 – 14
- During this week bring new winter gear (gloves, hats, scarves, etc…) to trade for your admission into Little Guys Gym, Open Gym, the Walking Track, or Cardio Room. Donations will be given to the Salvation Army’s Nights Watch.
Star Wars Night at Omaha Children’s Museum – Jan. 14 (6 – 8 p.m.)
- Star Wars themed activities, Star Wars Science Show, make-your-own light sabers, Imperial March, and more. Included with regular admission.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29, (4 – 6:30 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4 ($3 for additional person). Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
- Celebrate and enjoy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day with these family-friendly activities and volunteer opportunities in Omaha!
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!