The Holidays are filled with many family-friendly events! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Be sure to visit the Omaha Kids Calendar (Holiday Events or All Events) for additional details on these and ALL of the fun activities coming up! Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Follow Family Fun in Omaha on Facebook or Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
- Family-Friendly Holiday Events
- Amazing Christmas Light Displays in the Omaha Area – with interactive map!
- Where to Visit Santa in the Omaha Area
- Ice Skating in the Omaha Area – NEW!
- Shop Local with our Omaha Holiday Gift Guide – Plus enjoy special discounts just for FFIO Readers!
- 80+ Family-Friendly Things to Do in Omaha this Winter (Many Free!)
Enter to Win:
Top Picks this Weekend:
La Vista Holiday Wintertainment – 12/1 – 12/23
- Classic Holiday Movie Night, December 12, 6:30 p.m., Library
ConAgra Foods Ice Skating Rink – Opens Friday, December 13
- Friday, December 13 through Sunday, January 5, 2014 – $5 admission includes skate rental and benefits Food Bank for the Heartland.
- See more ice skating venues in Omaha here.
Victorian Christmas on Main, Plattsmouth – 12/13, 5 – 8:30 p.m.
- Enjoy tree lighting, children’s crafts, horse drawn carriage rides, children’s tea with The Christmas Fairy and Real Princesses Omaha, live music, Santa’s reindeer, meet Father Christmas, plus more! Most of the events are free including the Princess Tea. Tickets for rides and attractions (including the carriage ride – $1) can be purchased at The Plaza, The Fitzgerald Hotel and the corner of Plattsmouth State Bank.
“Narnia” at The Rose Theater – 12/6 – 12/29
- Based on C.S. Lewis’ classic children’s novel, “Narnia” explores the epic battle between good and evil. Four children are whisked away from a troubled time in England to fulfill their destinies in the enchanted land of Narnia. The show features memorable characters, spectacular settings and daring adventures. Audiences are truly in for a visual delight! Best for ages 6-13. Read Sarah’s review here!
Lights of Aksarben – Fridays, 11/29 – 12/20, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Join us in Stinson Park for the LIGHTS OF AKSARBEN. We will have different events every Friday night in the park up until Dec. 20.
Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Clinics – 12/14, 10 a.m., FREE
- Build a festive Train Engine! Registration opens a few weeks before each clinic’s date.
Chasers Cheer Fest – 12/14, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., FREE
- Free Event at Werner Park. Free picture with Santa from 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Complimentary Carriage Rides at Shadow Lake Towne Center – Every Saturday 11/30 – 12/21, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Complimentary horse-drawn carriage rides are available every Saturday from 12 – 4 p.m., Nov. 30-Dec. 21. Carriage rides board between Chico’s and Coldwater Creek. Weather permitting.
Complimentary Carriage Rides at Village Pointe – Every Saturday 11/30 – 12/21, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Enjoy Free Carriage Rides from 1-5 p.m. on Saturdays, November 30 – December 21. Weather permitting.
Holiday Kids Funfare at Regency Court – 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Enjoy fun Holiday activities each week.
Classic Christmas with Santa at Mahoney State Park – 12/14, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Kids can come and get their photo taken with Santa Claus, and families can participate with their children decorating cookies, making a Holiday ornament, or making a greeting card for our U.S. troops overseas. Horse drawn carriage ride tickets can be purchased for a memorable and unique tour of the park.
Story & Cookies with Santa at Best Buy Village Pointe – 12/14, 2 – 3 p.m., FREE
- Santa and Mrs. Claus will serve up cookies and milk along with a story or two for a special holiday get-together. Best Buy is also offering complimentary photos with Santa.
- Sunday, December 15, 2013 is a Community Free Day at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Zoo admission is FREE for everyone on that day!
Smile with Santa at Old Navy – 12/15
- Come take a picture with St. Nick! Bring your smartphone or camera and join us for crafts, treats, deals and more. Include #oldnavysanta on your photo and be featured in our online Santa mosaic.
Happy Holidays Extravaganza at Downtown YMCA – 12/15, 2 – 4 p.m., FREE
- Enjoy the space bouncer, gym activities and family recreational swim. Participate in our canned food drive for the Open Door Mission and be put in the drawing for the Christmas present giveaway!
Autism Night at the Omaha Children’s Museum – 12/15, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- This sensory friendly evening is free to children on the autism spectrum and their families. This special holiday Autism Night will include plenty of free play in the museum plus a visit from Santa!
We do our best to ensure the information in Family Fun in Omaha is correct, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting. Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!