Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families!
There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
See some of the FUN at Vala’s here!
**Please note: As details may change, it is always a good idea to verify information before visiting.
Highlights of Vala’s Pumpkin Patch
- Vala’s offers a variety of delicious food. See our picks for the 10 Best Foods at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch here!
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- You can reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save when booking on Mondays – Thursdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track, Haunted Farmhouse, and The Big Slide Ride.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- New in 2014: The Pie Barn offers delicious pies, soups, salads and sandwiches, and a large eating area. Barnyard Sports includes a fun sports games area where kids and adults alike will have fun throwing baseballs, footballs, and more.
- New in 2015: Barnyard Challenge Course: Made especially for children (perfect for kids 5-10 years old), parents can lead their child in a low ropes course that will challenge their balance and coordination.
- New in 2016: Freya’s Chicken Yard, an all-new poultry-themed area, is the biggest addition ever! Highlights include The Egg Scramble, The Pick-Up Chicks’ Revue, and Henway Piano.
- New in 2017: New Ziplines, Pumpkin Hollow Farmstead, and The Birdie Barns. Plus, a new mother’s nursing/pumping room is located right next to Lolo’s Fudge Shop.
- New in 2018: Prairie Town, Pick-Your-Own Apples, Fireworks over the Pumpkin Patch, Storybook Garden, New Barnyard Adventure Ride designs, Skee-ball, and Harvest Barn Donuts and Café.
- New in 2019: Orchard Play Yard, New Photo Opportunities, and Barnyard Adventure Ride and Storybook Barn Additions.
- New in 2020: Walk-through Sunflower Field.
Pumpkin Creek Train Ride – Cross Pumpkin Creek Bridge and climb aboard the replica 1860s Jupiter train for a 3/4-mile ride. Pass through a tunnel and see an old-fashioned western town along the way. The train ride is FREE in 2022!
Trick-or-Treat – On October 28-30, 2022, kids are invited to Trick-or-Treat at Vala’s.
** You can view all of their added safety measures here including masks, capacity limits, hand sanitizer stations, and more.
For further questions, visit their FAQ’s page.
Vala’s Prairie Hill Town is a perfect place for those 9 and under to explore, climb, and play with slides, swings, an adorable little playhouses!
What to Eat at Vala’s
Delicious pies, turkey legs, specialty drinks, and more, Vala’s offers a variety of amazing food!
Read more about our picks for the 10 Best Foods at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch here!
What to Bring to Vala’s
- Sunscreen, bug spray, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
Vala’s Discounts and Deals
Please Note: Promotions and dates can change at any time. It is always a good idea to verify on Vala’s website or by contacting them before visiting.
Scout Days – Sept. 26 – 29
- $7.00 OFF (per person) the Monday through Thursday price! (That’s $12.99 per person.) Good for your entire family. The scout member must wear their scouting t-shirt or part of their uniform to identify them as a scout.
Awana’s Day – Oct. 4
- Students enrolled in Awana’s are admitted FREE when they wear their Awana’s T-shirt. Students are FREE; adults are $17.99.
Halloween – Oct. 31
- Celebrate Halloween 2022 with discounted admission day at Vala’s! Admission will be $14.99 per person.
- Where: 12102 S. 180th St., Gretna, NE (South of Highway 370 on 180th St. – Directions)
- When: ** Festival Weekends, Sep. 2 – 18, 2022. ** Fall Season, September 23 – October 31, 2022
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday-Saturday 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tickets: Find out more about tickets here.
Photo credit: Some photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.