Enjoy exciting family-friendly events this March in Omaha!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Family-Friendly EVENTS EACH WEEKEND plus more Omaha Fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Looking for FREE Fun this March? See Many FREE March Events in Omaha here!
>> Looking for fun ideas over Spring Break? Find 10+ Things to Do during Spring Break in Omaha here! (Some events and activities are free, others are included with regular admission.)<<
Exciting March Events in Omaha
QUEST: Navigating the World at SAC Aerospace Museum – January 18 – May 25, 2020. Included with admission
- This new exhibit features more than 20 interactive stations focused on navigating on land, in air, and at sea. Visitors who journey through the exhibit will explore stations including a nearly 70-square-foot LEGO City, larger than life-sized game of Battleship, an augmented reality sandbox, multiple interactive kiosks, and much more.
$5 Movie Tuesdays and $6 Student Thursdays at Marcus Theatres
- Enjoy $5 Movie Tuesdays at participating Marcus Theatres, and $6 Student Thursdays for students and school faculty at participating Marcus Theatres.
Nature Connects: Art With LEGO Bricks at Lauritzen Gardens – January 18 – May 10, Included with regular admission
- Inspired by nature and built from nearly 800,000 LEGO pieces, this indoor exhibit features 13 displays with larger-than-life sculptures that represent endangered animals and build awareness for the conservation of all living things. Plus, visit the “Play and Let it Stay station,” where visitors of all ages can create, take apart, tinker, build and grow together.
- Location: 100 Bancroft St., Omaha, NE.
Kids Dream at Marcus Theatres – February 21 – April 5 (Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays at 10 a.m.), Admission: $3 or see how to get Free Tickets
- Join in the fun Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 10 a.m., February 21 – April 5 to view your favorite family flicks for $3.00. See schedule of movies and find out how to get FREE tickets here!
- Participating Theatres: Majestic-Omaha, Twin Creek, Village Pointe.
Candy Land Weekend at the Omaha Children’s Museum – March 13-15, Included with regular admission
- Play on a life-size Candy Land board, build Lifesaver Cars, and enjoy a candy-themed Science Show. Plus, Candy Land characters will be stopping by.
Spring Fling at The Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum – Mar. 21 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.). Easter egg hunt is located on the front lawn and is free to all attendees. Indoor activities are subject to Museum admission.
- A fun-filled Easter event, featuring an egg hunt, make-and-take activity, visits with the Easter Bunny, face painting, an opportunity to learn about making kites, and more.
- Location: 28210 W. Park Hwy., Ashland, NE.
Backyard Butterflies at Hitchcock Nature Center – Mar. 21 (10:30 a.m.), $5 per person + Paid Park Admission $3/vehicle/daily
- Pheasants Forever Biologist Jason Andersen as he introduces you to common butterfly species you are likely to spot in your own backyards. Learn more about these amazing insects & ways you can support their populations. Ages 14 and up.
- Location: 223 S. 6th St., Council Bluffs, IA.
LEGO Brick Sculpture Invitational at Lauritzen Gardens – Sunday, Mar. 22 (Set-up from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.; Show open to the public from 1 to 4 p.m.), FREE for participants [Pre-Registration Required by March 15th]
- Bring your best LEGO brick sculpture to exhibit at the garden for a chance to win great prizes! Participation for builders is FREE and is open to builders of all ages. Pre-registration is required by March 15th at 5 p.m.
- All LEGO® brick exhibitors aged 18+ will receive ONE complimentary pass to Lauritzen Gardens to use on the day of the exhibit. Exhibitors aged 17 and under will receive TWO complimentary passes (one for them and one for a chaperone). All other guests of Lauritzen Gardens will be required to pay admission. Members of Lauritzen Gardens will be admitted free.
- Location: 100 Bancroft St., Omaha, NE.
Nebraska Brick Days – LEGO Fan Expo – Mar. 28 (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) & Mar. 29 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m), General Admission: $5 – $9/ticket
- A fun, family LEGO event for all ages, featuring displays of custom creations, LEGO-inspired events, Minifig Speed Build, Brick-Built Derby, and more throughout the weekend.
- Location: Mid-America Center, 1 Arena Way, Council Bluffs, IA.
Enchanted Forest at Fontenelle Forest – Mar. 28 (1 – 4 p.m.), $5/member, $15/nonmember [REGISTER]
- Dress up in your favorite enchanted costume and join in for crafts and activities.
- Location: Fontenelle Forest, 1111 Bellevue Blvd. N, Bellevue, NE.