How can we stay cool, save money, and have fun with our kids? Looking for fun things to do in Omaha when it is hot outside?
Choose from 10+ Free (or almost Free) Activities to Beat the Heat!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
10+ FREE Things to Do in Omaha when it is HOT Outside
- Stay cool on a hot summer day with 20+ Spraygrounds and Splash Parks in the Omaha Area!
- Stay cool on hot, summer days with City of Omaha’s Hydrant Parties and Council Bluffs Hydrant Parties!
3. Summer Reading Programs and Storytimes
- Summer Reading Programs at your local library offer special storytimes, magic shows, animals, costumed characters, plus many other special events.
- Register your children and they will receive two free games every day all summer! (Shoe rental extra.) Parents can purchase a family pass, if they wish, so they can bowl with their kids. What a great way to be active and have fun with your kids all summer and build memories together!
- Many Free or Reduced Movies are offered throughout the Summer at many local theaters and libraries.
- Inexpensive activities include an obstacle course, water balloon piñata, water balloon towel toss, and more!
- Enjoy many free or inexpensive programs for kids in the Omaha area including Kids Clubs, art programs, building workshops, and more!
- Free general admission every day, and enjoy the special ArtWorks area for kids!
9. Other Fun Indoor Activities
- Climb in the Indoor Children’s Play Areas at Oak View Mall and Westroads Mall.
- See huge exhibits of ‘stuffed’ animals at Bass Pro Shop or Cabela’s.
10. Explore the Union Pacific Railroad Museum.
- Location: 200 Pearl St., Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Discover many fun indoor activities in Omaha!
Other Helpful Resources: