Water balloons are so much fun and perfect for Summer! Try out these super fun Water Balloons Games and Activities with Kids!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Water Balloons Games with Kids
- Obstacle Course – Designate an area for the obstacle course and lay water balloons randomly all over the ground. Kids line up on one side and try to run from one side to the other without stepping on and breaking any balloons. Make area smaller and move balloons closer together, and try again. Keep decreasing the obstacle course area until the entire area is almost completely filled with balloons!
- Water Balloon Piñata – Fill water balloons and hang them for some serious fun!
- Catch – Partners stand close facing each other and take turns throwing water balloon back and forth, taking a step farther away each time. Alternative: Lather up your hands with dish soap for some slippery fun!
- Learn and Play with Water Balloons – educational games with water balloons including color sorting, number racing, and math target
- Races / Contests–
- relay race with balloon on masking tape roll, toilet paper tube, cup, or on spoon
- try to carry the most balloons
- carry the balloons and run the fastest
- throw the balloon the farthest
- throw the balloon through a hula hoop
- Be creative!
- Rolling water balloons down the slide and another person at the bottom tries to catch it – my son loved this!
- Angry Birds Water Balloon Game – inspired from the popular video game
- Hot Potato
- Sponge Balls – a great alternative to water balloons
- Easter Egg hunt using water balloons
- Water Balloon Games – Many more ideas for playing with water balloons, including many ideas with teams
- Water Balloon Towel Toss – This looks like so much fun!
- Visit Water Balloon Games for Kids at Fantastic Fun and Learning for many more ideas!
Looking for more ideas to stay cool, save money, and have fun? Be sure to also see 10 Free Activities to Beat the Heat!