Enjoy many family-friendly events this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify before visiting, as event details may change. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Top Picks this Weekend:
Find these and many more events and activities in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
Hands-on-Habitat at Fontenelle Forest – Feb. 17 (9:30 – 11 a.m.), FREE with Registration
- Fun educational, hands-on classes for pre-school age children and parents.
- Free 3x a year. Registration opens the 1st of the month. Please note that space is limited and sessions do fill quickly! Register here!
Disney Enchanted Tales at Marcus Theaters – Feb 3 – 26, $5
- Come see these timeless classics for $5. Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays – showtimes vary by location. In the Omaha area, this includes Twin Creek and Village Pointe.
- Aladdin – February 17 – 20
Free Family Flicks at Aksarben Cinema – Feb 18 & 19 (Doors open at 10 a.m. Shows start at 10:30 a.m.), FREE
- Attendees are encouraged to bring one book per attendee (new or gently used) as part of the 2017 book collection drive for a local charity! Arrive early – Seating is offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Feb. 18 and 19 – “Storks”
Intro App Development at The Brain Exchange – Feb. 18 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.), FREE (Registration Required)
- This four-hour, FREE class is geared towards introducing students, grades 9 – 12, the introductory skills needed to develop an iOS app of their own. Space is limited, registration required.
- Location: Brain Exchange located at 1902 Howard Street.
Shrek the Musical Character Event at Burke High School – Feb. 18 (12:30 – 2 p.m.), $5-$7
- Come meet the cast of Shrek, get autographs, take pictures, eat lunch and more. Cost: $5 ahead of time OR $7 at the door (cash or check only accepted day of).
- See a variety LEGO® brick sculptures created by area participants of all ages, along with Nature Connects: Art With LEGO® Bricks Exhibit. (Deadline has passed to participate in the event, but guests can visit and view all of the creations.) Regular garden admission applies to see the exhibit.
- Over 800 K-12 Nebraska students, team leaders and math and science teachers will gather for this extraordinary robotics event that brings together two robotics competitions, the CEENBoT Robotics Showcase and FIRST LEGO League (FLL), and the Creative Visual Arts Expo for a day of robotics inspiration.
- “The public is invited to play as well,” explains Alisa Gilmore, Nebraska Robotics Expo & CEENBoT Robotics Showcase Director. “One of the highlights of our event is the CEENBoT Games. The young as well as the young at heart are encouraged to participate in activities such as CEENBoT Tae Kwon Do, Minute to Win It, Driving Maze, Bumpbot Mode, Precision Driving, and more.”
- The expo is included with admission to the Museum. $1.00 off simulator rides during Robotics Expo, Feb. 18 ONLY (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Shopkins Swap-kins Party at Toys R Us – Feb. 18 (12 – 2 p.m.)
- Bring your Shopkins to trade with fellow fans. Free surprise from Happy Places Season 1 and Free Shopkins Collector Poster (while supplies last).
Union Pacific Celebrates Black History Month – Feb. 18 (1 – 3 p.m.), FREE
- Union Pacific Museum is partnering with UP’s BEN (Black Employee Network) to celebrate Black History Month. During the event, BEN members will host “stations” throughout the museum, allowing visitors to experience the unique history of the American Negro Baseball League. The Great Plains Black History Museum is a special partner for the event and will bring artifacts and information on the metro area’s involvement in the League.
- Location: 200 Pearl Street in Council Bluffs.
Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena – Sundays, February 12, 19 & 26 (4 – 6:30 p.m.)
- $10 for family of 4 ($3 for additional person). Price includes: admission, skate rentals and orange drink or lemonade.
President’s Day at the Omaha Children’s Museum – Feb. 20 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- The Children’s Museum is open to celebrate our presidents. Build a log cabin, design your very own presidential top hat (while supplies last), and watch the colorful Red, White and Blue Science Show. Included with museum admission.
Get Crafty: Felt LED Bracelets at South Omaha Library – Feb. 20 (3 – 5 p.m.), FREE
- Come for a lesson in creating plush LED light bracelets using felt, conductive thread, and LED lights. This event is free and all supplies are included!
- Location: 2808 Q St
- Please Note: On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 20, 2017, all OPL locations will be closed except South Omaha Library.
Find these and many more events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
We do our best to share current information in Family Fun in Omaha, but event details may change. It is always a good idea to verify the information before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!