It’s going to be a little chillier, but there are still many family-friendly activities and events happening in Omaha this weekend! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. [Not the current week? See more Upcoming Events in Omaha here!]
Be sure to visit the Omaha Kids Calendar for additional details on these and ALL of the fun activities coming up!
- Family-Friendly Halloween Events in Omaha!
- FREE Fall Family Activities in Omaha and Omaha Bloghop
- Helpful Tips for Visiting Vala’s Pumpkin Patch
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, and Fall Festivals
Enter to Win:
Top Picks this Weekend:
First Friday Old Market – 10/4, 6 – 9 p.m., FREE
- Held the first Friday of each month, 6-9pm, First Friday is a free event celebrating local creativity in Omaha’s most historic neighborhood.
Early Childhood Parties at Maple Street YMCA – 10/4, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Come dressed up and enjoy activities with us! For children ages 2-5 years. Member: $5/party Non member: $8/party
- October 4- Superhero Party
- Join the Omaha Children’s Museum as we participate in the Global Cardboard Challenge for the first time. Explore the wonderful, creative world of cardboard all weekend long. Regular museum admission applies.
Free Pony Rides at Bellevue Farmers’ Market – 10/5, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., FREE
- FREE Pony rides for the kids compliments of the teens from Barebacks & Bells at the last Bellevue Farmers Market of the year.
Village Pointe Farmers Market Harvest Fest – 10/5, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m., FREE
- Bring the family and join us for our end-of-season celebration for the Village Pointe Farmers Market – Harvest Fest. Hayrack rides, pumpkin painting, bounce house and more for the kiddos – and, of course, field fresh goods from our fabulous farmers!
Kids Workshops at Home Depot – 10/5, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., FREE
- Celebrate Fire Safety Month with The Home Depot and build our awesome Fire Rescue Plane!
Gifford Farm Fall Festival – 10/5 – 10/6, $5
- Fall Festival is a whole weekend of fun! Bring the family and visit with the farm animals, play games, win raffle prizes, have lunch, watch live animal presentations, take a hay ride, ride a pony and much more! Saturday 10-4 p.m. and Sunday 11-4 p.m.
Harvest Fun Days at Hummel Park Nature Center – 10/5, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., FREE
- Every Saturday in October are Harvest Fun Days at Hummel! Take a ride to our pumpkin patch, make fall crafts, explore the trails, play games, enjoy story time, and much more! FREE! Pumpkins are $2 each.
Crafts for Kids at Lakeshore Learning Store – 10/5, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., FREE
- Free Crafts for Kids every Saturday at Lakeshore Learning Store.
- October 5: On the Farm Puppets – Children bring their favorite farm animals to life…as they decorate these colorful stick puppets!
Papillion Fall Kite Fly Day – 10/6, 12 – 4 p.m., FREE
- This fun-filled day will include demonstrations from the American Kitefliers Association, areas for the public to fly their own kites and candy drops for the kids all throughout the afternoon.
Pumpkin Festival, Trail Run and Fun Walk for Luv A Lamb – 10/6, 12 – 4 p.m.
- True Buddy Farms – Home of Luv A Lamb is hosting its 2nd Annual Pumpkin Festival and Hoofin’ It 5k Trail Run and 1 mile Fun Walk this Sunday, October 6, from 12-4. The Pumpkin Festival will have farm animals, hayrack rides, ag displays, games, music, vendors, food and fun! $5 entry fee for non-registered walkers and runners.
Mini Firehouse Build Event at Pottery Barn Kids – 10/6, 12 p.m., FREE, Registration required
- Help us celebrate fire safety month! Kids are invited to an exclusive event where they can build a miniature LEGO firehouse and bring it home for FREE. Call today to reserve a spot, it is first come first serve. Event for children ages 4-12 and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
PLUS, find many more activities and events in the Omaha Kids Calendar!
It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend!