Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families!
There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
See some of the FUN at Vala’s here!
**Please note: As details may change, it is always a good idea to verify information before visiting.
Highlights of Vala’s Pumpkin Patch
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track, Haunted Farmhouse, and The Big Slide Ride.
- Many Play Areas are available including the Applewood Play Area, Hackberry Hideout, and the Corn Wagon Play Area.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- New in 2014: The Pie Barn offers delicious pies, soups, salads and sandwiches, and a large eating area. Barnyard Sports includes a fun sports games area where kids and adults alike will have fun throwing baseballs, footballs and more.
- New in 2015: Barnyard Challenge Course: Made especially for children (perfect for kids 5-10 years old), parents can lead their child in a low ropes course that will challenge their balance and coordination.
- New in 2016: Freya’s Chicken Yard, all-new poultry-themed area, is the biggest addition ever! Highlights include The Egg Scramble, The Pick-Up Chicks’ Revue, and Henway Piano.
- New in 2017: New Ziplines, Pumpkin Hollow Farmstead, and The Birdie Barns. Plus, a new mother’s nursing/pumping room, located right next to Lolo’s Fudge Shop.
- New in 2018: Prairie Town, Pick-Your-Own Apples, Fireworks over the Pumpkin Patch, Storybook Garden, New Barnyard Adventure Ride designs, Skee-ball, and Harvest Barn Donuts and Café.
- You can reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save when booking on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
What is New at Vala’s in 2019
- Friday, Sep 13th through Sunday, Sep 22nd — special games, entertainment and food!
Orchard Play Yard
- Try lifting a bale of straw at the straw bale pull, try some apple games and do the tractor pull. They will also have a new stage with live entertainment some nights and weekends.
- A new Apple Bench, new giant wooden swings and a Sunflower field.
- In the Town Square area, by the dog show.
Plus, Barnyard Adventure Ride and Storybook Barn Additions!
What to Eat at Vala’s
Delicious pies, turkey legs, specialty drinks, and more, Vala’s offers a variety of amazing food!
Read more about our pick for the 10 Best Foods at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch here!
What to Bring to Vala’s
- Sunscreen, bug spray, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
Vala’s Discounts and Deals
- PinPoint Discount Day: Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- How to get your PinPoint BOGO Free Admissions Ticket: Visit the PinPoint booth in front of the Admissions Barn between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and present your valid PinPoint card (click on ‘My Card’ from the PinPoint Rewards mobile app) to be scanned by one of their team members to receive your BOGO Free Admissions Ticket.
- *Limit 1 (one) BOGO Free Admissions Ticket per valid PinPoint Membership.
- Vala’s Pumpkin Patch is open from 9:00am – 9:00pm. PinPoint BOGO coupons are valid only for the day of the event and have no cash value. Regular admission price is $16.95 plus tax.
- Download the PinPoint app for your phone (www.pinpointrewards.com/apps) or visit www.PinPointRewards.com to sign up for a free PinPoint membership!
- Promotions and dates can change at any time. It is always a good idea to verify on Vala’s website or on the FB event page or by contacting them before visiting.
- Where: 12102 South 180th Street, Gretna, NE 68028 (South of Highway 370 on 180th Street – Directions)
- When: Friday, September 13th through October 31st, 2019
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Photo credit: All photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
Giveaway: Win 2 Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch!
This giveaway has ended. Many thanks to all who entered! Congratulations to Holly J.!
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 11:59 p.m., CST.
OTHER: Entrants must be 19 or older and located in the US only. The winner will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry (+ bonus entries) per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.