Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families! There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track, Haunted Farmhouse, and The Big Slide Ride.
- Many Play Areas are available including the Applewood Play Area, Hackberry Hideout, and the Corn Wagon Play Area.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- New in 2014: The Pie Barn offers delicious pies, soups, salads and sandwiches, and a large eating area. Barnyard Sports includes a fun sports games area where kids and adults alike will have fun throwing baseballs, footballs and more.
- New in 2015: Barnyard Challenge Course: Made especially for children (perfect for kids 5-10 years old), parents can lead their child in a low ropes course that will challenge their balance and coordination.
- New in 2016: Freya’s Chicken Yard, all-new poultry-themed area, is the biggest addition ever! Highlights include The Egg Scramble, The Pick-Up Chicks’ Revue, and Henway Piano.
- You can reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save when booking on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
New in 2017
- Limited Time – Pick-your-own apples in the apple orchard. (Vala’s is expecting this will be available the first week or two they are open, check their Facebook page for updates.)
- New Ziplines – Added 5 100-foot long Ziplines to the Barnyard Challenge Course.
- Pumpkin Hollow Farmstead
- The Spook Shed – new scenes
- Blacklight Paintball – new design
- Candy Cannon – Daily show at 6:45 p.m.
- The Birdie Barns – Purchase a food stick to feed the budgies.
- New mother’s nursing/pumping room, located right next to Lolo’s Fudge Shop.
What to Bring
- Sunscreen, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
- General Admission on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in October: $18.95 per person + tax. (Buy tickets on-line and save $1.00 off this October weekend gate price. Price includes sales tax.)
- September Weekend Discount Tickets: $14.25 per person + tax
- Mondays – Thursdays, Discount Admission: $11.50 per person + tax
- Ages 2 and under are Free
- Season Passes are also available for $42.99 per person + tax. (Save $4.00 per person by buying your Season Passes on-line.)
- More Informaton and purchase tickets online.
- Apple Blasters
- Black Light Paintball Shootout
- Face Painting – Open Saturdays and Sundays
- Old-Fashioned Photo Barn Picture-Taking – Open evenings and weekends.
- Gemstone Mining
- Pumpkin Creek Train Ride
- Pony Rides
- Birdie Barn
- PinPoint Discount Day: Sunday, Sept. 24 (9 a.m. – 6 p.m.) Visit the PinPoint booth in front of the admissions barn from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. to receive your coupon for a 2 for 1 (BOGO) admission to Vala’s. Members must present a valid PinPoint Card to be scanned by a PinPoint team member to receive a BOGO coupon. Limit of one (1) BOGO coupon per valid PinPoint Card. BOGO coupons are only valid for the day of event and have no cash value. Normal admission price day of event is $14.25 + tax. Download the PinPoint app (Apple or Android) or visit www.PinPointRewards.com to sign up for a free PinPoint membership.
- Grandparents Weekend – Sept. 15-17
- Girl Scout Discount Day – Sun. Sept 17th
- Girl Scout/Boy Scout Weekday Discount Days – Sept. 18 – 21
- Awana’s Day – Tuesday, Oct. 3rd
- Halloween Day Discount Admission – Oct. 31st.
- Find out more about each discount here.
- Promotions and dates can change at any time. It is always a good idea to verify on Vala’s website or by contacting them before visiting.
- Where: 12102 South 180th Street, Gretna, NE 68028 (South of Highway 370 on 180th Street – Directions)
- When: September 15 – October 31, 2017
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Photo credit: All photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
Other Helpful Resources:
- Fall Fun Guide
- 30+ Things to Do in Omaha this Fall with Kids
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes
Giveaway: Win 2 Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch!
One Family Fun in Omaha reader will win 2 tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch!
- Simply enter your name and email address in the form below.
- Earn additional entries as described.
THANK YOU FOR ENTERING AND GOOD LUCK!
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Sunday, October 1, 2017, 11:59 p.m., CST.
OTHER: Entrants must be 19 or older and located in the US only. The winner will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry (+ bonus entries) per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.