Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families!
There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
See some of the FUN at Vala’s, including what’s NEW this year: Pick-your-own Apples, Friday night Fireworks, exciting Prairie Hill Town, covered hayrack rides, updates in Storybook Garden and the Barnyard Adventure Ride, and Skee-Ball!
**Please note: As details may change, it is always a good idea to verify information before visiting.
Highlights of Vala’s Pumpkin Patch
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track, Haunted Farmhouse, and The Big Slide Ride.
- Many Play Areas are available including the Applewood Play Area, Hackberry Hideout, and the Corn Wagon Play Area.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- New in 2014: The Pie Barn offers delicious pies, soups, salads and sandwiches, and a large eating area. Barnyard Sports includes a fun sports games area where kids and adults alike will have fun throwing baseballs, footballs and more.
- New in 2015: Barnyard Challenge Course: Made especially for children (perfect for kids 5-10 years old), parents can lead their child in a low ropes course that will challenge their balance and coordination.
- New in 2016: Freya’s Chicken Yard, all-new poultry-themed area, is the biggest addition ever! Highlights include The Egg Scramble, The Pick-Up Chicks’ Revue, and Henway Piano.
- New in 2017: New Ziplines, Pumpkin Hollow Farmstead, and The Birdie Barns. Plus, a new mother’s nursing/pumping room, located right next to Lolo’s Fudge Shop.
- You can reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save when booking on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
What is New at Vala’s in 2018
- Pick-Your-Own Apples: They’ve planted over 30 varieties that ripen at different times during the fall season. Each day the orchard offers different varieties available for picking. Some of their favorites include EverCrisp, HoneyCrisp, JonaGold, Yellow Delicious, Fugi, IdaRed, and Cortland. Take a hayride to the orchard for a unique family apple-picking experience. Half-peck picking bags are $8.99 and hold about 10 lbs.
- Fireworks over the Pumpkin Patch: Find a viewing spot near The Pie Barn and watch a professional display of fall fireworks. The 8-minute show will begins at 9 p.m. every Friday all Season.
- Prairie Town: Children love the Pumpkin Hollow Farmstead so we have expanded it this year to include a whole prairie town, with climbing rope bridges and houses. Fun for young children and their parents.
- Storybook Garden: Walk through the Storybook Barn and into the newly decorated garden. A new Humpty Dumpty will greet you and the Hungry Caterpillar will delight you. See the new Firehouse and the Sword in the Stone as well as an updated Three Billy Goats Gruff scene.
- New Barnyard Adventure Ride designs: This ride is free and a delight for children and their parents. See the new animated animal characters and sing along with the Barnyard Dance as you ride through the newly decorated corn crib.
- Skee-Ball: We’ve added Skee-Ball to our Barnyard Sports area. Challenge your friends or parents for the high score.
- Harvest Barn Donuts and Café: Our donuts are so popular that we had to expand this building to accommodate the demand. Watch as we make our fresh, hot, cider donuts. Sit down and relax with a donuts and a cup of our custom-roasted coffee or hot spiced apple cider.
What to Bring to Vala’s
- Sunscreen, bug spray, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
Admission at Vala’s
- General Admission on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in October: $21.95 per person + tax. Online Tickets for Friday, Saturday & Sunday in October (SAVE $2): $19.95 per person + tax
- September Weekend Discount Tickets: $14.95 per person + tax
- Discount Admission, Mondays – Thursdays, all Season: $11.99 per person + tax
- Ages 2 and under are Free
- Season Passes: $49.99 + tax, per person. Online Season Passes (SAVE $5): $44.99 + tax, per person.
- Apple Blasters
- Black Light Paintball Shootout
- Face Painting – Open Saturdays and Sundays
- Old-Fashioned Photo Barn Picture-Taking – Open evenings and weekends.
- Gemstone Mining
- Pumpkin Creek Train Ride
- Pony Rides
- Birdie Barn
Vala’s Discounts and Deals
- PinPoint Discount Day: Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018 (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Visit the PinPoint booth in front of the admissions barn from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018, to receive your coupon for a 2 for 1 (BOGO) admission to Vala’s. Members must present a valid PinPoint Card (Tap on My Card from your PinPoint Rewards mobile app) to be scanned by a PinPoint team member to receive a BOGO coupon. Limit of one (1) BOGO coupon per valid PinPoint Card.
- Vala’s Pumpkin Patch is open from 9 a.m. 9 p.m. BOGO coupons are only valid for the day of event and have no cash value. Normal admission price day of event is $14.95 + tax.
- Download the PinPoint app for your phone (www.pinpointrewards.com/apps) or visit www.PinPointRewards.com to sign up for a free PinPoint membership!
- Grandparents Weekend – Sept. 14-16
- Scout Week – Sept. 17 – 20
- Awana’s Day – Oct. 2nd
- Halloween Day Discount Admission – 1/2 priced admission on Oct. 31st.
- Promotions and dates can change at any time. It is always a good idea to verify on Vala’s website or by contacting them before visiting.
- Where: 12102 South 180th Street, Gretna, NE 68028 (South of Highway 370 on 180th Street – Directions)
- When: Friday, September 14th through Wednesday, October 31st, 2018
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Photo credit: All photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
Giveaway: Win 2 Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch! (ENDED)
One Family Fun in Omaha reader will win 2 tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch!
This giveaway has ended. Many thanks to all who entered! Congratulations to Chelsea M.!
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Sunday, September 23, 2018, 11:59 p.m., CST.
OTHER: Entrants must be 19 or older and located in the US only. The winner will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry (+ bonus entries) per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.