The weekend is almost here, and there are many free (or almost free) fun family activities both locally and nationally to enjoy! Be sure to visit the Event Calendar (or the calendar list view on the right of this page) for more information on ALL of the free activities coming up! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
- Review and Giveaway for tickets to Bloom Where You’re Planted Pumpkin Patch
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches and Fall Festivals 2012
- Free Fall Fun in Omaha
- More Free Upcoming Events in Omaha and Nationwide
Highlights of Upcoming Omaha Events
- Enjoy a variety of activities, animals, and educational experiences at the CenturyLink Center September 27-30th. Bring your family and enjoy these 5 FREE Fun Activities!
- Treats, demonstrations, fashion displays and more await at participating Shadow Lake Towne Center merchants.
- Every Friday night in September, we’re showcasing some of the area’s most exciting musical talent. Friday evenings in Turner Park, concerts start at 7pm.
- Simply show your PinPoint Card on Sunday Sept 30th at the admissions counter and you will get $6.00 OFF the price of admission (for up to 4 people) to Vala’s all day long! Read more about the awesome Pinpoints Rewards program here!
Highlights of Upcoming National Events
- Enjoy Free Admission to Participating Museums with ticket on Saturday, September 29th! Museum Day Live! is an annual event where participating museums offer free admission to visitors with a ticket and a guest.
- September 29 – National Public Lands Day. Over 100 national parks that usually charge entrance fees are offering free entrance that day.
- We’ll feature this year’s best costumes, decorations, and accessories. Kids can come decked out in their Halloween best to participate in a costume contest, enjoy fun activities, and march in the Halloween parade after the show. Free event.
Westroads Kid’s Club – 10/3, 10:30am
- The Omaha Children’s Museum and Westroads Mall invite you to play. learn. together. at the Westroads Mall Kid’s Club, held on the first Wednesday of every month from 10:30am – 11:30am on the Upper Level near the Children’s Play Area.
- October 3rd will feature Garbagena.
- Held the first Friday of each month, 6-9pm, First Friday is a free event celebrating local creativity in Omaha’s most historic neighborhood.
- Local food from Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota farmers held on Saturdays, 8 am to 1 pm, Rain or Shine. Celebrate the final day with free festivities for everyone. Live Music • Arts & Crafts Booths • Car Show. For The Kids – Hayrack Rides • Pumpkin Decorating • Bounce House, Face Painting • Giveaways & Stickers
- Home Depot offers FREE kid’s workshops on the first Saturday of each month, from 9am-12pm. They are designed for children ages 5-12. Workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills, tool safety and instill a sense of pride and accomplishment. All kids get to keep their craft and receive a FREE Kids Workshop Apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement.
- Saturday, October 6, 2012 – Fire Truck
Star Wars Reads Day at Pottery Barn Kids Stores Nationwide - 10/6, 10-11am
- We will read Star Wars books and have fun activities, giveaways, trivia, and more (while supplies last). Dress-up encouraged! Free event.
Touch-A-Truck – 10/6, 11am-3pm
- Don’t miss Child Saving Institute’s 6th annual Touch-A-Truck event. The CSI’s Guild’s exciting “friend-raiser” is a free event for the entire family where children can see and climb on “real life” vehicles. Kids, accompanied by their parents or guardian, can explore emergency and military vehicles, semi-trucks, bobcats, race cars and other commercial vehicles and talk to the people who operate them. Other activities will include face-painting, prizes, bouncy tents, food, clowns and more. Held at First Data/UNO Parking Lots, 69th and Pacific.
Papillion’s First Annual Kite Fly – 10/7, 12-4pm
- This free fun-filled day will include demonstrations from the American Kitefliers Association, areas for the public to fly their own kites and candy drops for the kids all throughout the afternoon. Bring your lawn chair and your kite for a fun day flying the skies of Papillion. This will be held at the Recreation Activity Fields, 1100 W. Lincoln Street, Papillion, NE.
Have a wonderful weekend!