I love Fall in Omaha! Perfect weather, changing colors, Football, Halloween events, Pumpkin Patches, Hayrack Rides, and campfires all make wonderful family memories. What do you love most about Fall?
Enjoy these free or inexpensive family attractions and events this Fall in Omaha!
- Omaha Music in the Parks – May 7th – September 26th, various locations around Omaha
- End of Summer Concerts at Midtown Crossing – August 31st-September 28th, 7pm, Friday evenings in Turner Park.
Especially for Kids
- Home Depot Free Kids Workshops and Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Clinics for kids are great for learning new skills and working on a project together.
- Westroads Kids Club and Shadow Lake Towne Center Kids Club offer kids a different activity each month for free!
- Rec’s Kids Clubhouse is a year-round youth program for kids 6-12 that encourages active healthy lifestyles through crafts, games and sports, swimming, drama, special events and field trips. It is held every day after school, with extended hours when school is out.
- Nature Nook at Hummel Park Nature Center – Join us for class to learn about bugs, trees, and animals while doing a craft, singing songs, and exploring outside! All ages welcome. Every Wednesday and Thursday 10:00-10:45am, September 5th – December 20th. Fee: $1.00 drop in per child (2 and older).
- Jr. Adventure Club at Hummel Park Nature Center – Every Saturday morning, staff will lead kids in a variety of adventures that include hiking, games, stories, crafts, and more! All ages welcome. Saturdays 10:30-11:15am, September 8th – December 22nd. Fee: $1.00 drop in per child (2 and older).
- Omaha has several Farmers Markets, where local vendors sell fresh, locally grown produce, baked goods, and flowers. ”Buy local and eat fresh.”
- Village Pointe Farmers Market – Saturdays, 8am-1pm. April 28th – October 6th
- Main Street Market, Council Bluffs – Thursdays, 5pm-8pm, May – September (9th Avenue and Main Street, Council Bluffs)
- Benson Farmers Market – Saturdays, 8am-1pm, May 5th – September 29th (Military Avenue at Maple Street)
- Omaha Farmer’s Market – Old Market – Saturdays, 8am-12:30pm. May 5th – October 13th
- Omaha Farmer’s Market – Aksarben Village – Sundays, 9am-1pm. May 6th – October 21st (67th and Center, Omaha)
- Bellevue Farmers Market / Flea Market – Saturdays, 8am-12pm. Begins May 26th (Washington Park, Franklin and West 20th, Bellevue)
- Florence Mill Farmers Market – Sundays, 11am-3pm, June 3rd – September 30th (9102 North 30th Street, Omaha)
- Brentwood Square Farmers Market – Thursdays, 4:30pm-7pm, June – September (84th Street and Giles Road, LaVista)
Fall Festivals and Special Events
- Applejack Festival – 9/14-9/16
- ARTsarben – Inaugural Event! – 9/15-9/16
- River City Rodeo and Stock Show – 9/27-9/30
- Museum Day Live! – 9/29 – Free Admission to Participating Museums with ticket
- First Friday Old Market – Held the first Friday of each month, 6-9pm, First Friday is a free event celebrating local creativity in Omaha’s most historic neighborhood.
- Touch-A-Truck – 10/6, 11am-3pm
- Papillion’s First Annual Kite Fly – 10/7, 12-4pm
- Midwest Winds Kite Fliers Fall Festival – 10/14, 12-5pm
- Food Day Omaha – 10/21, 9am-1pm, at the Omaha Farmers Market at Aksarben Village
- Free Family Fishing – 10/28 – Benson Park 12-3pm
- Veteran’s Day at the Zoo – 11/11 – Free gate admission to all veterans and their immediate families on Veteran’s Day.
- Joslyn Art Museum offers free general admission every Saturday morning, 10am-noon. While there, be sure to stop by the Joslyn Art Museum’s Peter Kiewit Foundation Sculpture Garden which is open year-round from 7am-11pm each day, and admission is free.
Outdoor Activities at Gene Leahy Mall – Mondays – Thursdays, 5/7-9/27
- The Omaha Downtown Improvement District Association (DID) will offer FREE activities and mini events all summer at the Gene Leahy Mall! Activities will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Mondays-Thursdays during the months of May, June, August and September at 14th & Farnam Streets.
- Mondays – Family Fun
- Tuesdays & Thursdays – Boot Camp Exercise Classes
- Wednesdays – Arts & Culture
Special Events at Pumpkin Patches
- Vala’s Pumpkin Patch – September 21st and 23rd – Military Appreciation Day. Show your active military ID and each family member will receive a discounted admission price of $7.39 per person ($6.00 off the General Admission price).
- Bloom Where You’re Planted Pumpkin Patch – September 22nd – Military Family Day. FREE admission to military personnel and their immediate family when presenting a valid military ID.
- Ditmar’s Orchard and Vineyard – September 22-23: Midwest Winds Kite Fliers
- Camp Fontanelle Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze – October 21st – Toys for Tots – Bring a girls or boys new toy valued at $5 or more and get free admission! One toy = one free admission. Marines will receive toys 2-5 pm.
- See All Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches and Fall Festivals here!
- Story Adventures at the Joslyn Art Museum – 9/18, 10/16, 11/20, 12/18
- Barnes and Noble Preschool Storytimes – Enjoy preschool storytime every Tuesday and Thursday at Barnes and Noble stores nationwide. Times and dates may vary. Please verify withyour local store before visiting. In Omaha, storytime is at 11am at the Oakview store.
- Pottery Barn Kids Storytimes are held every Tuesday from 11-11:30am. Special events are also held throughout year. Time and Date may vary by store. Please call your local store to confirm.
- Preschool Storytime at The Bookworm – Thursdays at 10am
- There are many Public Libraries in Omaha and the surrounding communities which host wonderful storytimes, fun programs for children and teens, classes for adults, and special events throughout the year!
- Omaha Public Libraries – Check out their event calendar under Events and Programs: Calendar, for all of the latest details.
- Bellevue Public Library
- Gretna Public Library – Kids Korner, Teen Zone, and Adult Services
- LaVista Public Library
- Sump Memorial Library in Papillion
- Baright Public Library in Ralston
- Check out my Fall Fun board on Pinterest for many more Fall recipes, crafts, activities, and a Fall Bucket List printout!
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
Do you have a Free Fall Activity to add? Please leave a comment below and I will add it the list!