(Scroll down for the Awesome Giveaway! – Winner: Kelly)
Last weekend, my family visited Fontenelle Forest Nature Center in Bellevue and the DinoQuest2: Trek Through Time Special Exhibit. It was a beautiful morning, perfect for walking in the forest, hearing the rustle of leaves, and enjoying some quality time together. There is something wonderfully peaceful and rejuvenating about spending time in nature!
- The DinoQuest2 Exhibit is a fun adventure along the one-mile Riverview Boardwalk, with 20 life-size and realistic dinosaurs displayed as they might have looked millions of years ago. With a little imagination, it almost felt like walking through our own Jurassic Park! Some dinosaurs were huge and very easy to spot, while others were perched in nests or scattered in the brush protecting their eggs. My son loved looking at the map and trying to find the next one. All include a descriptive sign including fun facts and important points about each dinosaur.
- Acorn Acres, a family play area in the middle of the Boardwalk, includes a fun area for kids to dig for dinosaur bones.
- Inside the Nature Center, families can learn and play through the hands-on exhibits and educational games. My kids especially enjoyed the dinosaur puppet show they created, and trying on various dinosaur costumes.
- Choose from 19 miles of trails, varying in length and degree of difficulty, to further explore the forest and enjoy picturesque views of the Missouri River and Omaha Skyline. We walked along a short .5 mile trail, and were thrilled to see a fawn nearby!
What to Bring
- Visitors are welcome to bring a lunch and there are several outdoor picnic tables available.
- Good walking shoes and water especially if you plan to venture off the boardwalk to enjoy the marked trails.
- Strollers – The Riverview Boardwalk is stroller-friendly.
Admission and Hours
- DinoQuest2 is open daily from 8am-5pm (until 8pm on Thursdays), rain or shine, now through September 30th.
- Free parking is available. Find directions here.
- Admission is $10 per person (children under 2 free) for a One Day Membership.
- Save $2/ticket by purchasing online in advance at TicketOmaha. [From TicketOmaha: "Please note: Your one day membership is only good for the date on your ticket. Select your date carefully. Tickets must be purchased for a future date. Same day non-discounted tickets may be purchased directly at Fontenelle Forest. Fontenelle Forest Nature Center is open rain or shine. No refunds or exchanges."]
- Consider purchasing a household membership for $55. Members receive free admission to Fontenelle Forest Nature Center and Neale Woods for one year, Reciprocal Membership to over 120 nature centers nationwide, and up to two of your guests can receive ½ price admission every time you visit, with at least one membership cardholder present.
I am very excited to host my first giveaway at The Spirit of Saving. One lucky reader will win 4 tickets to DinoQuest2!
To enter, leave a comment below answering the question, “What do you enjoy most about being in nature?” [Click on 'comments' under the social icons.]
Bonus Entry: You can receive a bonus entry if you Like The Spirit of Saving on Facebook, Follow The Spirit of Saving on Pinterest, Subscribe to The Spirit of Saving through Email or RSS, or Share this Post! Please leave a second comment sharing what you do!
This giveaway will end Friday, August 24, 2012, at 2:00pm (CST). Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the United States only. All comments must be left here on the blog. Comments on Facebook will not be included. The winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted by email. Email addresses are only used in order to contact the winner. Winner will have 72 hours in which to provide me with their mailing address so that the prize can be forwarded to them. Good Luck!