Disclosure: Many thanks to Loessfest and The Imagination Movers for sponsoring this post and for providing the prize for the giveaway.
Experience an entire week of FREE events at Loessfest, May 28 – June 5 at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park!
One of the highlights is the FREE Imagination Movers Concert, part of opening night “Riverfront Block Party” on May 28!
This high-energy, interactive show starring Rich Collins, Scott Durbin, Dave Poche, and Scott “Smitty” Smith features their most crowd-pleasing tunes and inspires lots of audience participation to “jump up, get down, stand up and turn around!”
Riverfront Block Party at Loessfest – Saturday, May 28
Featuring Imagination Movers and Inside Out
- The party starts at 5 p.m. at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park with Bounce Houses, food, train ride, face painting and other fun activities.
- The Imagination Movers take the stage at 7 p.m. for a free concert.
- After the show, Inside Out will play on the BIG BIG BIG screen – this will be at dusk or about 9 p.m.!
The Imagination Movers began with the dream to create music that spoke to children along with a children’s television show. The Movers partnered with Disney in 2007 and filmed 75 episodes of their Emmy Award-winning series over three seasons. The show airs in more than 55 countries and they’ve sold half a million CDs and DVDs to date.
The Movers are currently developing an animated series “Super Movers” in partnership with Toronto-based 9 Story Media Group. The Movers are known as a high-energy, interactive live music act. Over the last decade they have entertained more than a million fans in North America, Europe and Asia. According to thousands of fan reviews on Ticketmaster.com, Imagination Movers ranks as the No. 1 rated major touring act for families.
Loessfest – May 28-June 5
Enjoy an entire week of FREE events at Loessfest including Kool and the Gang in concert, fireworks, movies in the park, Riverfront Block Party, + more! Loessfest will be held at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park, on the Iowa side of the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge.
- Saturday, May 28: The Run Loess Half Marathon and 5K, organized by the Council Bluffs YMCA, will kick off Loessfest at 8 a.m. Registration is required for the race, but there is no cost for spectators.
- Saturday, May 28: Riverfront Block Party – Bring the family to the park at 5 p.m. for food and entertainment, bounce houses, train rides, face painting, and other fun activities, and at 7 p.m., Disney Junior’s Imagination Movers takes the stage for a free concert! At dusk, it’s time for the first movie in the park of the year: Disney Pixar’s Inside Out.
- Sunday, May 29: Kool and the Gang with special guest Atlanta Rhythm Section – The free concert begins at 7 p.m.
- Monday, May 30: Fireworks for Freedom Omaha Symphony Concert – The Omaha Symphony with Ernest Richardson, principal pops conductor, will present a free patriotic concert, Fireworks for Freedom, at 8 p.m. A fireworks show set to music will follow the performance.
- Tuesday, May 31: Bike the Bluffs – Loessfest is hosting a 22-mile bicycle ride beginning at the river at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park. The ride starts at 6 p.m., and will venture through the trails and through downtown Council Bluffs and back, with several optional stops along the way.
- Wednesday, June 1: Movie in the Park: Raiders of the Lost Ark – This four-time Oscar Winning film will hit the big, big screen at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park at 9 p.m.
- Thursday, June 2: #ThrowbackThursday featuring The Return of Sprite Night – First, Sweet 98 DJs Hot Scott and Rockett will take us back to the 90s, then we’ll hop back two decades to the 70s with a free concert by The 70’s Show featuring all your favorite 70s music. The show begins at 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 3 through Sunday, June 5: Taste of Omaha on the Riverfront – Taste of Omaha has established itself as the annual event bringing together a dazzling selection of great foods and culinary delights for people from throughout the region to taste, relax and enjoy as a family activity on the Riverfront.
- Sunday, June 5: GOLFFEST – This unique event will offer prizes galore as golfers will play 27 holes on both Dodge Riverside Golf Course and Westwood Golf Course — registration fee required, call 712-328- 4660 — includes lunch and dinner. Spectators are welcome to watch the fun.
- Every Night: Rays Interactive Light Environment – Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park features a “one-of- a-kind” interactive light display – Rays by artist Dan Corson – part of the Iowa West Public Art collection. Rays is a permanent exhibit at the Park with nightly displays – thanks to the Iowa West Foundation.
Parking is available on both sides of the river for all Loessfest events, including the parking lot just north of Harrah’s Casino and in Harrah’s parking garage. Please note, due to construction, there is no longer parking available or access to the park from the old Playland Park area off Avenue B, just east of the Great Lawn. To avoid traffic delays and to reserve your spot on the Great Lawn in the park, please consider carpooling and arrive early for Loessfest events.
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
Giveaway: Win An Imagination Movers Prize Pack including Music from the Movers!
This giveaway has ended. Many thanks to all who entered! Congratulations to Lauren N. and Lisa L.!
OTHER: Entrants must be 19 or older and located in the US only. The winner will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry (+ bonus entries) per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.