Easter is almost here, and there are many fun family activities coming up both locally and nationally! It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting. See these and other family friendly events in Omaha Attractions and in the Event Calendar!
Be sure to check out:
- March 30th is the last day for many local Fish Fries. See Omaha.com for the latest list and map.
- Enjoy FREE general admission, Saturdays, 10 am–noon. Additional charge for some special exhibitions. Joslyn Art Museum’s Peter Kiewit Foundation Sculpture Garden is open year-round from 7 am to 11 pm each day, and admission is free.
- Canopic Jars on March 31st – Through partnerships with local artists and area organizations or special programming for children and families, there is always something new to explore here at the Museum! Join us every other Saturday from 10 am–noon for a self-guided art project at Joslyn! Remember FREE General Admission to the Joslyn on Saturdays, 10am-12pm.
- Saturday, 3/31, 10-11am – All things Seuss! Ages 3 to 8. Funded by the Papillion Women’s Club. To register call 597-2040 or stop at the Circulation Desk.
- Indoor Air Show at Strategic Air and Space Museum, March 31st, 10-4pm.
- Children ages 5 and younger with accompanying adult can explore nature activities through interactive stations. A different natural science topic is introduced each week. $2 member/$3 non-member. It is held every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during the school year from 9:30 – 11:30 am.
- Westroads Kid’s Club will be held on the first Wednesday of every month, from 10:30-11:30am, on the upper level, near the children’s play area. April 4th will feature Science in Action: Plant Life.
- Saturday, April 7th, 1:15-3:15pm. Family Skate at Motto McLean Ice Arena (inside Hitchcock Park- 45th x Q). Only $10 for a family of four, and $3 for each additional person. This includes admission, skate rentals, popcorn, and drink.
- Saturday, 3/31, 1-3pm – Terra Cotta Spring Butterly Clay Pot Make-It Take-It – Explore your creativity with a fun clay pot butterfly. Make-It Take-It with purchase of clay pot. (While supplies last / Ages 3 and up.)
- Sunday, 4/1, 1-3pm – Easter Pail Make-It Take-It – Personalize a festive basket for Easter. Make-It Take-It with purchase of pail. (While Supplies Last / Ages 3 and up.)
- Saturday, 4/7, 1-3pm – Mini Egg Free Make-It Take-It – Celebrate the hoppiest of holidays with this fun, customizable egg. (While Supplies Last / Ages 3 and up.)
- Enjoy preschool storytime every Tuesday and Thursday at Barnes and Noble stores nationwide. Times and dates may vary. Please verify with your local store before visiting. In Omaha, Storytime is at 11am at the Oakview store.
- Storytimes are held every Tuesday from 11-11:30am. Time and Date may vary by store. Please call your local store to confirm.
- Home Depot offers FREE kid’s workshops on the first Saturday of each month, from 9am-12pm. They are designed for children ages 5-12. Saturday, April 7th – Build a Window Bird Feeder.