Target is one of my favorite stores to shop for several reasons.
- You can use one manufacturer coupon and one Target store coupon for the same item which increases your savings!
- Hint: When printing coupons from Target.com, try this hint to help you tell which ones are Target coupons and which ones are manufacturer coupons. Look at the wording that is used on the coupon description: “When you buy” usually means a manufacturer’s coupon, “With purchase of” or the name of the product only usually means it is Target store coupon.
- Target often offers promotions such as “Buy 2 of this item, receive a $5 Target gift card.” When used with coupons, the savings add up fast!
Target is coupon-friendly, and I rarely have trouble using my coupons there. See Target’s Coupon Policy here. A couple highlights:
- Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it.
- Limit of four (4) identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive coupon value returned in the form of a Target Gift Card.
- Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item.
- They gladly accept valid Internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code, however, they do not accept Internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- Mobile coupons: Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET). Message and data rates may apply. See site for full details. To redeem, simply show your coupon barcode to the cashier. With one simple scan, all applicable coupons are applied.
- Buy One Get One - BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- They reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.
Target price matches current ads of other stores. You need to bring the ad to the Customer Service desk to purchase the item – they will not do it at the register. See the entire Target Price Matching Policy here.
- Exclusions – Sales that require a loyalty card (such as a Baker’s card), coupon-required offers, prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off, and competitor’s free product, buy one, get one, bundled offers, or special purchases
- Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.
- Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price.
- If you are using both Target and a Manufacturer coupon, the Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor’s price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.
Online Price Matching
Target has implemented on-line price matching. If you find a lower price on-line at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com, they will match it! Here is what they say in their Low Price Promise (price matching policy):
Price Match Guarantee:
“If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.”
Price Match Guarantee: the details
The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
It is recommended that you bookmark the Low Price Guarantee on your smartphone or print and take it with you.