Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families! There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Corn Maze, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track, Haunted Farmhouse, and The Big Slide Ride.
- Many Play Areas are available including the Applewood Play Area, Hackberry Hideout, and the Corn Wagon Play Area.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- (New in 2014) The Pie Barn offers delicious pies, soups, salads and sandwiches, and a large eating area.
- (New in 2014) Barnyard Sports includes a fun sports games area where kids and adults alike will have fun throwing baseballs, footballs and more.
- You can now reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save when booking on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
- The Make-a-Wish Corn Maze: Vala’s has partnered with Make-A-Wish Nebraska, an organization that raises money to grant the wish of a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition.
- Barnyard Challenge Course: Made especially for children (perfect for kids 5-10 years old), parents can lead their child in a low ropes course that will challenge their balance and coordination.
- Additional Restrooms: If you are at The Pie Barn, Barnyard Sports, or on a hayrack ride, there are new restrooms conveniently located next to the Paintball Shootout.
- Lost Pumpkin Mine Re-Decoration: You’ll love the updated version of the Lost Pumpkin Mine.
- Funnel Cake Stand: They’ve added a second stand near the Pedal Carts to get freshly made funnel cakes with your favorite topping.
What to Bring
- Sunscreen, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
- General Admission on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in October: $16.75 per person + tax
- September Weekend Discount Tickets: $13.51 per person + tax
- Discount Admission, Mondays – Thursdays, all season: $10.99 per person + tax
- Online Ticket Discount for Friday, Saturday & Sunday in October: $15.75 per person + tax
- Ages 2 and under are Free
- Season Passes are also available for $34.99 + tax.
- More Informaton and purchase tickets online.
- Apple Sling Shot & Water Blasters
- Black Light Paintball Shootout
- Face Painting – Open Saturdays and Sundays
- Old-Fashioned Photo Barn Picture-Taking – Open evenings and weekends.
- Gemstone Mining
- Candle Making – Weekends only.
- Pumpkin Creek Railroad Train Ride $3.00 per person
- Pony Ride
- PinPoint Discount Day: Sunday, September 20th, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. PinPoint Members receive a FREE admission pass to Vala’s with the purchase of an admission pass! You will receive ONE BOGO offer per PinPoint Card (you must present a VALID PinPoint Card with the bar code to the cashier to be eligible to receive a FREE admission pass). The BOGO deal for PinPoint members can only be purchased and redeemed the day of the event on September 20th.
- Superpasses – You may purchase General Admission tickets to Vala’s at any Family Fare Supermarket, No Frills Supermarket or Bag ‘N Save Store in the greater Omaha area. These “SUPERPASSES” are $16.75 each (plus sales tax) and contain a coupon for $2.50 off a pumpkin and a “Vala Buck” for $1.00 off any paid activity, food item, or merchandise. Total value of the SUPERPASS is $20.25! For a listing of store locations, go to www.nofrillssupermarkets.com.
- Where: 12102 South 180th Street, Gretna, NE 68028 (South of Highway 370 on 180th Street – Directions)
- Contact: (402) 332-4200, Email
- When: Friday, September 18th through Saturday, October 31st, 2015
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Photo credit: All photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
Giveaway: Win Four Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch! (ENDED)
One Family Fun in Omaha reader will win Four Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch! The tickets are valid for admission for one day during the 2015 season.
This giveaway has ended. Many thanks to all who entered! Congratulations to Julie R.!
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 11:59 p.m., CST.
OTHER: Entrants must be 19 or older and located in the US only. The winners will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Winners must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry (+ bonus entries) per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
Other Helpful Resources:
- Omaha Kids Calendar
- Fall Fun Guide
- 30+ Things to Do in Omaha this Fall with Kids
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, and Fall Festivals
- Kids Eat Free