Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families! There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
Keep updated on the latest Omaha fun and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Corn Maze, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track, Haunted Farmhouse, and The Big Slide Ride.
- Many Play Areas are available including the Applewood Play Area, Hackberry Hideout, and the Corn Wagon Play Area.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- New in 2014: The Pie Barn offers delicious pies, soups, salads and sandwiches, and a large eating area. Barnyard Sports includes a fun sports games area where kids and adults alike will have fun throwing baseballs, footballs and more.
- New in 2015: Barnyard Challenge Course: Made especially for children (perfect for kids 5-10 years old), parents can lead their child in a low ropes course that will challenge their balance and coordination.
- You can reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save when booking on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
New in 2016
- Freya’s Chicken Yard, all-new poultry-themed area, is the biggest addition ever! Highlights include:
- The Egg Scramble – Huge yellow barn with family-friendly dodge-ball. Start an egg fight (with foam balls, of course)!
- The Pick-Up Chicks’ Revue – These chicks are swooping by in their pickup to sing some barnyard tunes and tell pun-heavy jokes.
- Henway Piano – Kids can hop on and make a little music of their own on this huge piano at the center of the chicken yard.
- New Food:
- The Roost – This is the ultimate snack shack for adults and kiddos to refuel between bouts of ball dodging.
- Cousin’s Chik’n Shack – Try our all new, soon-to-be signature item, the Chicken and Waffle Sandwich.
- The Great Pumpkin Maze Design – Vala’s is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the classic Halloween movie, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, by partnering with Peanuts to create an iconic maze design featuring Linus and Sally waiting in the field for The Great Pumpkin.
- The Candy Cannon – The pumpkin cannon is getting turned toward YOU, but don’t worry. It’s spouting candy, to celebrate Halloween. Stop by to catch some candy, Wednesday and Sunday evenings at 6:45 p.m.
- Pie for Breakfast – New this year, The Pie Barn will be serving up breakfast pies (also known as quiche) on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Two new festival foods at Pork Chop Annie’s – The Boss Hog Burger is piled high with BBQ pulled pork, while The Mac Attack Burger is topped with creamy mac and cheese.
- Pumpkin Funnel Cakes – It’s pumpkin-y and topped with icing. Look for it at Legs & Cakes, our main funnel cake stop.
- Skeleton Mickey has returned with a new look and a new home.
What to Bring
- Sunscreen, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
- General Admission on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in October: $17.99 per person + tax
- September Weekend Discount Tickets: $13.99 per person + tax
- Discount Admission, Mondays – Thursdays, all season:
$11.25 per person + tax
- Online Ticket Discount for Friday, Saturday & Sunday in October: $16.99 per person + tax
- Ages 2 and under are Free
- Season Passes are also available for $37.89 per person + tax.
- More Informaton and purchase tickets online.
- Apple Sling Shot & Water Blasters
- Black Light Paintball Shootout
- Face Painting – Open Saturdays and Sundays
- Old-Fashioned Photo Barn Picture-Taking – Open evenings and weekends.
- Gemstone Mining
- Pumpkin Creek Railroad Train Ride
- Pony Ride
- PinPoint Discount Day: Saturday Sept. 24th, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Visit the PinPoint booth in front of the admissions barn from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. to receive your coupon for a 2 for 1 (BOGO) admission to Vala’s. Members must present a valid PinPoint Card to be scanned by a PinPoint team member at the PinPoint booth to receive a BOGO coupon. Limit one BOGO coupon per valid PinPoint Card. Normal admission price day of event is $13.99 + tax. Vala’s is open from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. BOGO coupons are valid day of event only and have no cash value.
- Grandparents Weekend – Sept. 16, 17, 18.
- Girl Scout Discount Day – Sun. Sept 18th
- Girl Scout/Boy Scout Week – Sept. 19,20,21,22
- Boy Scout Popcorn Kickoff – Friday Sept. 23rd 4-10 pm.
- Awana’s Day – Tuesday Oct. 4th
- Halloween Day Discount Admission – Mon. Oct.31st.
- MILITARY DISCOUNT – Military personnel can purchase discounted admission tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch at the Offutt Airforce Base Information Ticket & Travel Office.
- Find out more about each discount here!
- Promotions and dates can change at any time. It is always a good idea to verify on Vala’s website or by contacting them before visiting.
- Where: 12102 South 180th Street, Gretna, NE 68028 (South of Highway 370 on 180th Street – Directions)
- Contact: (402) 332-4200, Email
- When: Friday, September 16th – Monday, October 31st, 2016
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Photo credit: All photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
Giveaway: Win Two Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch! (ENDED)
One Family Fun in Omaha reader will win Two Tickets to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch! The tickets are valid for admission for one day during the 2016 season. (We will be giving away another pair of tickets on our Facebook page – be sure to follow us on Facebook and watch for details coming soon!)
This giveaway has ended. Many thanks to all who entered! Congratulations to Megan P.!
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 11:59 p.m., CST.
OTHER: Entrants must be 19 or older and located in the US only. The winners will be selected using random.org and notified via email. Winners must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry (+ bonus entries) per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
Other Helpful Resources:
- Omaha Kids Calendar
- Fall Fun Guide
- 30+ Things to Do in Omaha this Fall with Kids
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, and Fall Festivals