Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families. There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Corn Maze, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track and Haunted Farmhouse.
- Many Play Areas are available including the Applewood Play Area, Hackberry Hideout, and the Corn Wagon Play Area.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- You can now reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save 50% or more when booking on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
- The Big Slide Ride, an all new attraction. Swoosh down this 100-foot slide and land in their corn maze.
- Corn maze theme is “Going Country”, a celebration of country music. Dance your way through the corn maze this year, to the sounds of banjos, guitars and fiddles.
- Updated Paintball Shootout, featuring a new black light display of haunted targets and new black light paintballs.
- New fun foods include a sausage on a stick, made for Vala’s by Omaha’s Stoysich’s Meats and a new S’mores outpost, down by the Sundown Marshmallow Roast.
- Character Pancake Breakfasts every Saturday in October, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Price: $7.99 per person, $3.99 for children 10 and under (Plus admission to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch for the day)
- Vala’s famous, from-scratch Apple Cider Donuts are being fried up daily this year in the Harvest Barn.
- New Souvenir Cups include $0.99 refills for the whole season. Buy one for $6.99 or two for $4.99 each. You can even pre-purchase your cup online.
Online campfire site reservations - Pick out your own private campfire site, and then reserve and pay for it all online.
What to Bring
- Sunscreen, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
- Mondays – Thursdays: $10.54 / person
- Fridays – Sundays: $14.99 / person
- September Weekend Discount: $12.88 / person
- Ages 2 and under are Free
- Purchase tickets online here and save on weekend tickets. Tickets bought online are $13.21 (+ sales tax) for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and $9.99 (+ sales tax) for Mondays through Thursdays.
- Season Passes are also available for $31.64 per person. A great option if you visit several times.
- Quarters for food in petting areas.
- Pumpkin Creek Railroad Train Ride $3.00 per person
- Pony Ride
- Paint Ball Shoot-out
- Apple Sling Shot
- Water Blasters
Available Discounts and Coupons
- PinPoint Discount Days: Monday, October 28 to Thursday, October 31
PinPoint Rewards members will get buy one, get one FREE admissions to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch on Monday, Oct. 28 through Thursday, Oct. 31. (One BOGO offer per card.) Just show your PinPoint card at the Vala’s admissions windows. Not a member yet? Sign up here for this fantastic free discount and rewards program in Omaha - highly recommend it!
- Canned Food for Pumpkins: Tuesday, October 29 to Thursday, October 31
Bring cans of food to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch, and you will receive a $2.50 off of a pumpkin coupon with general admission (one per person). All canned food will go to the Gretna Neighbor’s Food Pantry.
- Halloween Day Discount: October 31
Admission to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch will be discounted to $7.50 on their last day, October 31. So make one last trip to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch on Halloween Day to stock up on kettle corn and caramel apples!
- SUPERPASS: Purchase tickets to Vala’s at any No Frills Supermarket or Bag ‘N Save for $14.99 each (sales tax included). They contain a coupon for $2.50 off a pumpkin and a “Vala Buck” for $1.00 any paid activity, food item, or merchandise.
- Month of September – Military Appreciation. With an active military ID, admission to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch for all of September (September 20th-30th) is $8.21 per person + tax, for the military member and their immediate family.
- See more Discount Days at Vala’s for Girl Scout Days, Boy Scouts of America Popcorn Kick-off (Sept. 27), Home School and Home Daycare Days, and other special discounts.
- Where: 12102 South 180th Street, Gretna, NE 68028 (South of Highway 370 on 180th Street – Directions)
- Contact: (402) 332-4200, firstname.lastname@example.org
- When: Friday, September 20th through Thursday, October 31st, 2013
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Photo credit: All photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.