Vala’s Pumpkin Patch has become a Fall tradition for many local families and is celebrating their 30th year of operation this year! There is so much to see and do, be sure to plan several hours (if not the entire day!) to experience Vala’s. Free parking is available, although it is best to arrive early on the weekends to avoid long lines. Enjoy!
- There are many activities for all ages to enjoy. Over 50 Attractions and Activities are all included in the admission price (see activities with additional cost below).
- My young children love the Storybook Barn, Hayrack ride, the huge slide, petting corral, Bunnyville, Ducky Derby, Pedal Trikes, and the Barnyard Adventure Ride.
- My favorites are the Pumpkin Jump, Corn Maze, Lost Pumpkin Mine, and Family Pedal Carts (I cannot stop laughing when I ride those!)
- Older kids and teens enjoy all of the above plus Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track, Haunted Farmhouse, and The Big Slide Ride.
- Many Play Areas are available including the Applewood Play Area, Hackberry Hideout, and the Corn Wagon Play Area.
- Live Shows add to the fun! The Pig Races (listen closely for the pig jokes!), Pumpkin Cannon, and Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show are all enjoyable.
- Ample shopping for pick-your-own pumpkins, gourds, jams, cider, candy, and baked goods (you get to smell these on the way out!)
- You can now reserve a campfire online and cook your own dinner or s’mores! Save 50% or more when booking on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
- See Vala’s Event Calendar for a full schedule of shows and special events.
- The Pie Barn – They moved an old barn from Papillion and built a post-and-beam barn around it, to create a really cool eating area. Even better than the space is the menu — pie, pie, pie! Kelsey Vala is their lead baker and she is making from-scratch pie with all-butter crust. Salted Caramel Apple Pie is sure to be the favorite, but they hope their Brown Butter Salted Honey Pie will be a surprise signature pie once people get a taste of it. Along with pie, The Pie Barn will be serving up a great dinner and lunch menu of soups, salads and sandwiches, as well as savory pot pies.
- Right next to The Pie Barn, they added a super fun new attraction, a sports ball-throw games area. Kids and adults alike will have fun throwing baseballs, footballs and more, plus testing their strength at the strongman high striker. All these games are included in our general admission price, so can be played at no extra cost.
What to Bring
- Sunscreen, water, good walking shoes, and a jacket for the cooler evenings.
- Strollers – If you have little ones, it is a good idea to bring a smaller stroller for when they get tired (since there is a lot of walking). It is a little difficult to move the strollers through the dirt walkways, and so a lightweight stroller is best.
- Mondays – Thursdays: $10.54 / person
- Fridays – Sundays: $14.99 / person
- September Weekend Discount: $12.88 / person
- Ages 2 and under are Free
- Purchase tickets online here and save on weekend tickets. Tickets bought online are $13.21 (+ sales tax) for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and $9.99 (+ sales tax) for Mondays through Thursdays.
- Season Passes are also available for $31.64 per person. A great option if you visit several times.
- Quarters for food in petting areas.
- Pumpkin Creek Railroad Train Ride $3.00 per person
- Pony Ride
- Paint Ball Shoot-out
- Apple Sling Shot
- Water Blasters
Available Discounts and Coupons
- PinPoint Discount Day: Sunday, September 21st. PinPoint Rewards members will receive a FREE Vala’s admission with the purchase of an admission on Sunday, September 21st (One offer per card.) Members can show their virtual (mobile app) or printed (www.pinpointrewards.com) PinPoint Card at the Vala’s admissions windows. Not a member yet? Sign up here for this fantastic free discount and rewards program in Omaha - highly recommend it!
- Where: 12102 South 180th Street, Gretna, NE 68028 (South of Highway 370 on 180th Street – Directions)
- Contact: (402) 332-4200, email@example.com
- When: Friday, September 20th through Thursday, October 31st, 2013
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Photo credit: All photos were provided by Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.