Love taking your kids trick-or-treating? Find a variety of fun trick-or-treat events in Omaha!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
As details may change, it is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
PLEASE NOTE: Many events require pre-registration, have limited capacity, or offer timed slots. As things continue to change during this time, it is highly recommended to verify details, closures, cancelations, hours of operation, and any requirements or procedures for guests before visiting. Thank You!
Trick-or-Treat Events in Omaha
Ghouls & Glow at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium – Oct. 7 – 9, 14 – 16, 21 – 30 (6:30 – 10 p.m.), This is a ticketed event [REGISTER]
- Trick-or-treating is back as a nightly event again! To help the Zoo stay green, guests should bring their own bag to collect treats.
- This zero frightful and all delightful event is an illuminated spectacle for all ages. More than 400 larger-than-life lanterns, custom-made for the Zoo, will illuminate the Bay Family’s Children’s Adventure Trails. Visitors will encounter dancing skeletons, candy monsters, jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, witches, wizards, spider web arches, sugar skulls with elements of nature, an eerie house, a mummy band, and other friendly ghouls. A number of bats, vultures, spiders, and black cats will also light up the trails.
- New this year: at Fisherman’s Landing picnic pavilion, guests can purchase and enjoy a s’mores kit, or pick a miniature pumpkin to decorate and take home. Visitors can also take a ride on Sue’s Carousel. The Zoo has added something new for parents, too – on Friday and Saturday nights, two bars will be available with seasonal alcoholic drinks.
- Online ticket purchases are encouraged. If purchased onsite at the Zoo, prices increase $3 per ticket.
- Location: 3701 S. 10th St., Omaha, NE.
Trunk-or-Treat – Oct. 13 (5 – 9 p.m.), FREE
- Trick-or-treat from decorated cars, plus live music, a beer garden, and a costume contest for children under 18.
- Location: Quaker Steak and Lube, 3320 Mid America Dr., Council Bluffs, IA.
Trunk-or-Treat at First Presbyterian Church of Omaha
Sunday, October 30 @ 3:00 pm-5:00pm (or we run out of candy which ever comes first!)
216 S. 34th Street, Omaha.
Join us in the Mutual of Omaha Parking lot off of 35th Street for a fun time of gathering treats!
Trunk-or-Treat at Church of the Holy Spirit
Sunday, October 30 @ 4:00 pm-6:00pm
1305 Thomas Dr, Bellevue, NE
We will have goodies, games, S’Mores, and more.
Goodwill Omaha Trunk-or-Treat – Oct. 15 (4:30 – 6 p.m.), FREE
- Put on your Halloween costume and trick-or-treat in the Chick-fil-A 72nd & Sorensen parking lot!
- Location: Chick-fil-A, 6310 N. 72nd St., Omaha, NE.
Baseballoween – Oct. 21 (5 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- Wear your favorite costume and trick-or-treat around the concourse. This year a movie will be played on the video board.
- Location: Werner Park, 12356 Ballpark Way, Papillion, NE.
Tricks & Treats at Westwood Plaza – Oct. 21 (5:30 – 7:30 p.m.), FREE
- Tricks & Treats at Westwood Plaza is back with FREE candy, glow sticks, and cotton candy. Get photos with your favorite cast of characters and be entertained by a magician and balloon artist, all while you trick-or-treat at Westwood Plaza (while supplies last.)
- Location: Westwood Plaza, 12125 W. Center Rd., Omaha, NE (park in the west parking lot).
Trick-or-Treat Days at the Omaha Children’s Museum – Oct. 22 & 29 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), Included with museum admission (while supplies last)
- Treat tables will be spread out around the museum, and special exhibits Cobweb Castle and Moon to Mars will be open, as well as all permanent exhibits. Costumes are encouraged.
- Location: 500 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE.
Trick-or-Treat with the Animals of Gifford Farm – Oct. 22 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.), Admission is $5/ trick or treater, accompanying adults are free [REGISTER]
- Fun and safe trick or treating. Plus, guest groups, food and snack vendors, hayrides, and pony rides!
- Event is by reservation only. Click on this link below to make your reservation.
- Location: Gifford Farm Education Center, 700 Camp Gifford Rd., Bellevue, NE.
SALoween – Oct. 22 (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.), FREE
- Come in costume for a truck-or-treat with games and a costume contest. Free and open to the public.
- Location: Benson American Legion, 8904 Military Rd., Omaha, NE.
Trunk-or-Treat – Oct. 22 (2 – 4 p.m.), FREE
- Dress up and join in trick-or-treating fun!
- Location: Fraternal Order of Eagles Club 4029, 102 North Washington, Papillion NE.
Candlewood Church Trunk-or-Treat – Oct. 22 (3 – 5 p.m.), FREE [RSVP here]
- Trunks will be decorated to impress, as you make your way from car to car to fill your bag with treats. Stay warm with apple cider or hot chocolate as you travel through the maze of trunks. Put on your best cape, crown, or costume and join in for another spooktacular Trunk-or-Treat!
- Location: Candlewood Church, 5051 F St., Omaha, NE.
Halloween BOO Bash – Oct. 22 (3 – 5 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy trick-or-treating, special characters, face painting, balloon twisters, gift card giveaways, a flash mob, and a parade walk.
- Location: Village Pointe, 17305 Davenport St., Omaha, NE.
Music & Trunk-or-Treating for Non-Food Items – Oct. 22 (6:30 p.m.), FREE
- Food-allergy kids are often left out of Halloween festivities because they can’t eat all the candy collected trick-or-treating. This is a food-allergy-friendly event so that ALL KIDS can have fun trunk-or-treating for non-food items like stickers, tattoos, and other trinkets in lieu of candy.
- Sign up to decorate your trunk and give out non-food goodies by emailing [email protected].
- Location: Fullerton Magnet Elementary, 4711 N. 138th St., Omaha, NE.
Old Towne Bellevue Trick-or-Treat – Oct. 23 (4 – 6 p.m.), FREE
- Businesses, organizations, and individuals come together in Olde Towne Bellevue for an evening of fun and safe trick-or-treating.
- The streets of Olde Towne Bellevue, NE.
Spooktacular Storytime – Oct. 25 (10:30 – 11:30 a.m.), FREE
- Storytime will be in the Commons at 10:30 a.m. followed by trick-or-treating, a storywalk, craft, and more! Costumes are encouraged but not required. For little ones ages 5 and younger.
- Location: Saddlebrook Community Center, 14850 Laurel Ave., Omaha, NE.
The Great HALL-oween Haunt – Oct. 25 (5 – 8 p.m.), FREE for members, Non-Member Pricing: $13/adult, $10/senior: $10, $7/child (3-12): $7, and FREE for little ones age 2 & under
- Come in costume and trick-or-treat from historical characters and spooktacular displays located throughout the museum, play ghostly games, make creepy crafts, and check out the spooky (but not scary) Haunted Train.
- Location: The Durham Museum, 801 S. 10th St., Omaha, NE.
Trunk or Treat 2022 – Oct 26 (6:30 – 7:30 pm) FREE
- Come for costumes, community and of course — candy!
- Location: Bethany Lutheran Church | 4200 North 204th Street, Elkhorn, NE
Trick-or-Treat the Library – Oct. 26 (9:45 – 10:45 a.m.), FREE
- Wear your costume, bring your treat bucket, and drop in and trick-or-treat around the Library. For kids ages 5 years old and younger and an adult companion.
- Location: Council Bluffs Library, 400 Willow Ave., Council Bluffs, IA.
Trunk-or-Treat in Farnham Hill – Oct. 29 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.), FREE [REGISTER]
- Trick-or-treat with area non-profits, shop food and local, and enjoy fun family activities, including games, face painting, and bounce houses.
- Location: 2504 Farnam St., Omaha, NE.
Trick-or-Treat at Rockbrook Village – Oct. 29 (2 – 3:30 p.m.), FREE
- Meet Chase from Paw Patrol and Woody from Toy Story, and stroll the village trick-or-treating at participating stores.
- Location: Rockbrook Village, 2800 S. 110th Ct., Omaha, NE.
Fort Robinson Haunted Halloween – Oct. 29 (4:30 – 7 p.m.), FREE (state park entry permit is required for vehicles)
- Trick-or-treat from campers, cars, pickup trucks, trailers, or other vehicles.
- Attendees who arrive in costume may sign up for a chance to win a two-night stay at one of the park’s cabins that sleep six people. At 5 p.m., judges will award the best families or groups in costumes. Prizes will be awarded for the most original, the funniest, and the entry with the best Halloween theme.
- Throughout the evening, the park will offer free wagon rides and visitors can dine on chili soup and a roll for $5.
- Location: NEW LOCATION! Fort Robinson State Park, 3200 Hwy. 20, Crawford, NE (This year, on the Parade Ground & Buffalo Soldiers Barracks)
Trunk-or-Treat – Midtown, West Dodge & Fremont – Oct. 29 – 30 (5 p.m.), FREE
- This is a FREE, fun event for families to come by to see amazingly well-decorated car trunks and to receive a treat.
- Lifegate Church – Midtown, 726 S. 55th St., Omaha, NE.
- Lifegate Church – West Dodge, 15555 West Dodge Rd., Omaha, NE.
- Lifegate Church – Fremont, 2407 N. Colorado Ave., Fremont, NE.
JUNK IN THE TRUNK | Family Fun Day – Oct. 30 (10 a.m. – Noon), FREE
- Sunday Celebration will include trunk-or-treating, games, prizes, a costume contest, and more!
- Location: Schenzel Community Center, 2220 N. 20th St., Omaha, NE.
Halloween Hoopla – Oct. 30 (1 – 3 p.m.), FREE
- There will be trick-or-treating and fun for everyone in the middle of the mall.
- Location: Shadow Lake Town Center, 7775 Olson Dr., Papillion, NE.
Halloween Safe Night – Oct. 31 (5 – 6:30 p.m.), FREE
- Kids can trick-or-treat, enjoy a free hot dog inside the Community Center, and hop on a hayrack ride outside. There will be a photo opportunity by the giant haybales as well!
- Location: La Vista Community Center, 8116 Park View Blvd., La Vista, NE.
Benson Trail of Treats – Oct. 31 (5 – 7 p.m.), FREE
- Put on your Halloween costumes and walk through the Trail of Treats collecting candy and goodies along the way!
- Both allergy-friendly options and non-candy items will be available to collect, as well.
- Location: StoneBridge Christian Church (Benson Campus), 2702 N. 61st St., Omaha, NE.
StoneBridge Millard Trunk-or-Treat – Oct. 31 (5 – 8 p.m.), FREE
- This trunk-or-treat event will be a safe place for your kids of all ages to visit several decorated vehicles handing out candy. Plus, play on the playground and have some apple cider.
- Location: StoneBridge Christian Church (Millard Campus), 13906 S. Plaza, Omaha, NE.
Fremont Halloween Bash – Oct. 31 (5:30 – 8:30 p.m.), FREE
- Enjoy a fun-filled evening featuring candy, games, prizes, and costumes!
- Location: StoneBridge Christian Church (Fremont Campus), 1041 N. Nye Ave., Fremont, NE.