One of our favorite Holiday events is the KETV FREE Family Festival (formerly the Wells Fargo Family Festival).
Part of the Omaha Holiday Lights Festival, this year’s FREE Family Event will be held on Sunday, December 1, 2019, from Noon – 5 p.m.
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
FREE KETV Family Festival
At the KETV FREE Family Festival, visitors can experience many of Omaha’s downtown attractions for free!
Each site will offer free admission and family activities, and Ollie the Trolley will provide free trolley rides between locations.
Omaha Children’s Museum – 500 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE.
- Play in the museum’s permanent exhibits, visit with Santa and his elves, or take a carousel or train ride for $2 each.
Omaha Police Mounted Patrol Barn – 615 Leavenworth St., Omaha, NE.
- Tour the stables and visit Santa, meet and greet with officers and horses, cowboy hat decorating, face painting, balloon art, and more. This is one of our favorite stops of the day!
The Durham Museum – 801 S. 10th St., Omaha, NE.
- Visit Christmas at Union Station – including Omaha’s largest indoor Christmas tree (pictured above)! See Omaha’s largest indoor Christmas tree, visit with Santa and enjoy family-friendly holiday activities, including live musical performances, and more.
W. Dale Clark Library – 215 S. 15th St., Omaha, NE.
- Meet and get your photo taken with Bruce the Bear and OPL’s mascot Scamper, and take home a children’s book for free (while supplies last).
Joslyn Art Museum – 2200 Dodge St., Omaha, NE.
- Explore Joslyn Art Museum’s galleries including the exhibitions Word and Image: The Saint John’s Bible and Everyday People: The Art of James E. Ransome. **Please Note: Word and Image is a ticketed exhibition: free for children and a special $5 discounted admission for adults during the Family Festival only.
- Swing by ART WORKS: A Place for Curiosity, offering nine creative project stations for all ages.
- Visit the studios to experiment with hands-on activities and create your own works of art
Downtown YMCA – 430 S. 20th St., Omaha, NE.
- Interactive Activity Tour with a variety of stops.
Don’t miss this year’s KETV FREE Family Festival!