One of our favorite Holiday events is the KETV FREE Family Festival (formerly the Wells Fargo Family Festival).
Part of the Omaha Holiday Lights Festival, this year’s FREE Family Event will be held on Sunday, December 2, 2018, from Noon – 5 p.m.
WEATHER UPDATE: Due to inclement weather, there will be no trolley service between venues and no activities at the YMCA.
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
FREE KETV Family Festival
At the KETV FREE Family Festival, visitors can experience many of Omaha’s downtown attractions for free!
Each site will offer free admission and family activities, and
Ollie the Trolley will provide free trolley rides between locations (due to inclement weather).
Omaha Children’s Museum – 500 South 20th Street
- Play in the museum’s permanent exhibits, visit with Santa and his elves, or take a carousel or train ride for $2 each.
Omaha Police Mounted Patrol Barn – 615 Leavenworth Street
- Tour the stables, watch horse demonstrations, enjoy hot cocoa, and more. This is one of our favorite stops of the day!
The Durham Museum – 801 South 10th Street
- Visit Christmas at Union Station – including Omaha’s largest indoor Christmas tree (pictured above)! View many exhibits including the Ethnic Holiday Trees Display, and walk through the historical trains.
W. Dale Clark Library – 215 South 15th Street
- Meet and get your photo taken with Elephant & Piggie and OPL’s mascot Scamper, and take home a children’s book for free (while supplies last).
Joslyn Art Museum – 2200 Dodge Street
- Create your own works of art and enjoy Joslyn’s beautiful exhibits.
Downtown YMCA – 430 S. 20th Street (No activities at the YMCA due to inclement weather.) Interactive Activity Tour with stops for: Health/Holiday Themed Crafts, Bounce Houses, Dancing and tumbling, simple fitness training for adults and kids and hot chocolate/coffee and cookies with Santa.