Enjoy many fall festivals within a couple of hours from Omaha!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
5 Fall Festivals Near Omaha
Vala’s Apple Festival – Sept. 4 – 7 (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.), $13.95 per person + tax, no season passes accepted, 2 and under free, [Pre-purchased tickets only]
- Celebrate fall with apple picking, apple cider, caramel apples, apple cider donuts, FREE train rides, and more. Vala’s is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. with over 30 attractions for fall fun during this Labor Day weekend special event.
- Note: They will have limited admission, pre-purchased tickets only, reserve your tickets online here. ** They will not be accepting season passes for this event, because of the very limited capacity they are setting. They will be having a season passholder weekend September 12th and 13th.
- Location: Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard, 12102 S. 180th St., Gretna, NE.
- See more Apple Orchards here!
Fields of Flight – Ditmar’s Orchard – September 11 – 13, 2020, [Pre-purchase tickets only, no walk-ups]
- Watch hot air balloons from around the Midwest land and/or take off right in front of you in the picturesque beauty of Ditmar’s Orchard. Plus, enjoy live music. Always a favorite Fall event.
- 2020 Update: All admission/parking tickets must be purchased in advance from Eventbrite. Limited amounts are available. All walk-ins will be turned away.
German Day-Oktoberfest Drive-Thru at German American Society – Sept. 19 (noon – 8 p.m.)
- This year, they have reworked the event into a drive-through, where they will be serving up some of your favorite German meals, pretzels, tortes, and Bier to-go. To bring the festive atmosphere, there will be music by The Barry Boyce Band and the Ken Janak Orchestra. For the safety of their volunteers, they request that you cover your mouth and nose, and remain in your vehicle.
- Location: 3717 S. 120th St., Omaha, NE. (Enter the north parking lot via Prairie View Dr.)
Fall Festival at Gifford Farm Education Center – Sept. 26 – 27 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Hayrack rides, farm & exotic animal visits, games, STARLAB, raptor presentations, farmers market, raffles, food vendors, and more. Plus, Mini Horse rides offered by LaRue’s Little Pony Rides ($5 per ride; Saturday only).
- Admission: $5/person (ages 2 and up; cash/check only).
- Location: ESU#3 – Gifford Farm Education Center, 700 Camp Gifford Rd., Bellevue, NE.
AppleJack Harvest Festival in Nebraska City – Sept. 19-20, 26-27 & October 3-4, 10-11
- Apple pie, apple cider, apple cider donuts, candy apples, caramel apples, apple fritters, apple salad…pretty much anything you can imagine made from apples is available at the AppleJack Festival.
- This year, the celebration will be spread out over the entire harvest season, not just on one three-day stretch. It’s the same great fun, but smaller crowds. Come anytime this autumn for the 2020 AppleJack Harvest Festival, kicking off Saturday, September 19, 2020, and lasting until the final apple is eaten.
- Location: Various locations in Nebraska City
More Fall Fun
We Look Forward to These Events Returning in 2021!
Applefest in Woodbine, IA – CANCELED FOR 2020
- From pies to pastries to slushies to caramel, the last Saturday of every September is dedicated to a festival of everything APPLE! Plus, enjoy one of Iowa’s largest car shows, a craft show and outdoor market, Kiwanis Pancake Feed, and a Kid’s Zone. End the day with entertainment and street dance at the beer garden located next to Good Fellows Restaurant, at Walker and 5th St.
Fall Festival at Hitchcock Nature Center – CANCELED FOR 2020
- This fun family event will feature a guided mystery hike, family games, and treats. Kids can wear their costumes and head to the campground for some trick or treating.
- Pre-registration is required for this event by October 16th as space is limited.
- Cost is $3 per person (children age 5 & under are free and do not need a reservation to attend). Fee includes park admission.
- Location: Hitchcock Nature Center, 27792 Ski Hill Loop, Honey Creek, IA.