Looking for a great day trip from Omaha? Lincoln, Nebraska, has many fun things to do with kids!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!
The Best Things to Do in Lincoln with Kids
- Guests can visit the Nebraska State Capitol and take educational tours of the building. Elevators take guests all the way to the top to the observation deck for a wonderful view!
- Husker fans will love to see Memorial Stadium up close! Guests can enter through the Gate 23A viewing area (see here for hours, closed near game days), or a walking tour.
- Morrill Hall, Nebraska’s largest natural history museum, houses Mueller Planetarium, a hands-on science discovery center, and the Elephant Hall, where visitors can see the world’s largest articulated fossil mammoth among the collection of fossil elephants!
- The Lincoln Children’s Museum includes a variety of interactive exhibits for fun, play, and creativity.
- The Lincoln Children’s Zoo recently added some fantastic new exhibits! We loved the easy walking paths to see the animals, and it was a great day trip from Omaha!
- Tip: If you have an Omaha Zoo membership, you might receive a discount on admission to the Lincoln Children’s Zoo!
- My kids loved the play area built right next to the Spider Monkeys! Kids will love to be able to climb, crawl, slide, and play!
- Guests will also love feeding the giraffes right out of their hands!
- At the butterfly house, the kids loved when the butterflies landed on their fingers!
- For a special treat, stop by Hurt’s Donut while in Lincoln. With so many delicious flavors, it was difficult to choose!
- On the way home to Omaha from Lincoln, be sure to stop at Baker’s Candies in Greenwood, NE (about halfway, near Ashland).
- Guests can sample delicious chocolate meltaways!
Find More Fun: