I am very excited to be partnering with several local bloggers who are all sharing wonderful ways to celebrate Fall!
I love Fall in Omaha! Perfect weather, changing colors, Football, Halloween events, Pumpkin Patches, Hayrack Rides, and campfires all make wonderful family memories. What do you love most about Fall?
Enjoy these free or inexpensive family attractions and events this Fall in Omaha!
Fall Festivals and Special Events
- Free Activities at River City Rodeo and Stock Show and Parade – September 26 – 29
- Museum Day Live! – September 28 – Free Admission to Participating Museums with ticket (including Strategic Air & Space Museum)
- Dundee Day Parade – September 28, 10:30 a.m.
- Hispanic Heritage Family Festival – September 28, 12 – 4 p.m.
- 22nd Annual Intertribal Powwow – September 28, 1 – 7:30 p.m.
- First Friday Old Market – Held the first Friday of each month, 6-9 p.m., First Friday is a free event celebrating local creativity in Omaha’s most historic neighborhood.
- Papillion Fall Kite Fly Day – October 6, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Midwest Winds Kitefliers Fall Festival – October 13, 12 – 5 p.m.
- Family Fun Day at Joslyn Art Museum – October 13, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Food Day Omaha – October 20, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., at the Omaha Farmers Market at Aksarben Village
- Veteran’s Day at the Zoo – November 11 – Free gate admission to all veterans and their immediate families on Veteran’s Day.
Special Events at Pumpkin Patches
- Boy Scouts of America Popcorn Kick-Off at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch – Friday September 27, 2013, 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Free admission for all Scouts and leaders in their official Scout uniform! Regular admission is $12.88 for all other participants. 2 years & under are free. They will be at campsites #55 – #62.
- Toys for Tots at Camp Fontanelle – October 20 – Bring a girls or boys new toy valued at $5 or more and get free admission! One toy = one free admission. Marines will receive toys 2-4 p.m. (Also, search for treats in the maze from 2 – 4 p.m.)
- Rural Route Rust Sale, Fall/Holiday Edition at Bloom Where You’re Planted Farm – November 2 (9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) & November 3 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) – Shop from unique vendors and explore the farm. Free Admission.
- See All Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches and Fall Festivals here!
Especially for Kids
- Home Depot Free Kids Workshops (October 5 and November 2, 9-12 p.m.) and Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Clinics (October 12, 10 a.m.) for kids are great for learning new skills and working on a project together.
- Westroads Kids Club (October 2 and November 6, 10 a.m.) and Shadow Lake Towne Center Kids Club (October 10 and November 14) offer kids a different activity each month for free!
- Saturday Surprise Kids’ Program at Joslyn Art Museum is held every other Saturday, from 10 a.m. – noon where families can enjoy a self-guided art activity. Story Adventures is an artful reading program held once/month.
Omaha has several Farmers Markets, where local vendors sell fresh, locally grown produce, baked goods, and flowers. ”Buy local and eat fresh.”
- Benson Farmers Market – Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. May 4 – September 28, Military Avenue at Maple Street
- Charles Drew Health Center Market – Wednesdays, 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. July 10 — October 2, 2915 Grant Street
- Florence Mill Farmers Market – Sundays, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. June 2 – September 29, 9102 North 30th Street
- Main Street Farmers Market Council Bluffs – Thursdays, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. May – September 26, Corner of 9th Avenue and South Main Street, Council Bluffs
- Omaha Farmer’s Market in Aksarben Village – Sundays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. May 5 — October 20, 67th and Center
- Omaha Farmer’s Market in the Old Market – Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. May 4 — October 19, 11th & Jackson Streets
- Wohlner’s Midweek Market at Midtown Crossing – Wednesdays, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. May 1 – September 25, Parking garage next to Wohlner’s at 33rd and Dodge
- Village Pointe Farmers Market – Saturdays, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. May 4 – October 5, 168th & Dodge
It is always a good idea to verify the information with the business before visiting.
Do you have a Free Fall Activity to add? Please leave a comment below and I will add it the list!
Other helpful resources:
- Family-Friendly Halloween Events in Omaha
- Omaha Area Pumpkin Patches and Fall Festivals
- Omaha Kids Calendar
Discover many more ways to enjoy Fall in Omaha by visiting these other great local blogs!
Oh My! Omaha – Fall Foods in Omaha Restaurants
Yellow Mango Life – The best places for a fall run and fall fun runs in Omaha
Coolest Mommy’s Coolest Thoughts – Incorporating Fall into your family activities … making memories during Fall
Liv, Laugh, Love – Apple Jack Festival
The Walking Tourists – Vala’s Pumpkin Patch offers fun for all ages
Bolton Carley’s Blog – What’s your favorite season? quiz
LPO Beauty – Changing Up Your Look for Fall