The Holidays are here! Have a fun-filled Winter Break in Omaha with these 10 Free or inexpensive activities!
Looking for more ideas that are fun, but not free? Find more FUN things to do over Winter Break here!
It is always a good idea to verify before visiting as dates and times may change.
FREE Activities Over Winter Break in Omaha
- Spend an evening driving around to see Amazing Christmas Light Displays in the Omaha Area with a Map!
- For extra fun, go on an adventure with our Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt!
2. Santa’s Wonderland at Cabela’s and Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops – Thru Dec 24th – FREE [Advanced Registration Required]
- Santa’s Wonderland offers Contactless Claus visits, free Photo with Santa, and free take-home holiday craft activity kits.
- Advance reservations are required in all locations for Free Santa photo and can go quickly. Reserving is easy and free.
- Cabela’s – 12703 Westport Pkwy, La Vista, NE
- Bass Pro Shops – 2901 Bass Pro Dr, Council Bluffs, IA
3. Yule Log Festival at Platte River State Park – Dec. 16 – 12:00-5:30pm – State Park Entry Permit required
- Crafts, Games, Cookie Decorating, Pictures with Santa, Bonfire, and hayrack rides
- Enjoy this beautiful season of the park with friends and family at our Yule Log Festival! See schedule of activities here. If you want to participate in the Yule Log Quest, register in advance by calling (402) 234-2217. All activities will be held at the Walter Scott Jr. Lodge.
- Location: Platte River State Park – 14421 346th St., Louisville, NE.
4. Visit Santa at Midlands Place – TBD
- Share your wish list with Santa at Ollie & Hobbes.
- Location: Ollie & Hobbes Craft Kitchen, 310 E. Gold Coast Rd., Papillion, NE.
5. Walking in La Vista Wonderland – Nov 26th – Dec 31st – FREE
- Enjoy a 1/5 mile walk through beautiful lights.
- Location: 8305 Park View Boulevard in La Vista and park near Santa’s Workshop.
6. Holiday Lights Festival – Nov 25th – Jan 1st – FREE
- Old Market Display – White lights, garland, and festive decor will illuminate the brick streets of the Old Market and surrounding areas. The display will run from 10th St. to 13th St., and from Harney St. to Jackson St.
- North Omaha Display – The North Omaha lighting display will be showcased along a 6-block area around 24th St. and Lake St.
- South Omaha Display – The South Omaha lighting display will be showcased on 24th St. between L St. and Q St.
7. Season of Lights at Midtown Crossing – Nov 12 – Feb 14 – FREE
- Stroll through tens of thousands of white LED lights strung throughout Turner Park and along Farnam Street. Plus, visit the beautifully decorated tree in Farnam Court.
- Location: Turner Park (31st Ave. and Farnam St.), Omaha, NE
8. Light Up Bellevue: Christmas in Old Towne Holiday Lights and Music Show – Nov. 23 – Jan. 6 – FREE
- Visitors are invited to drive down to Washington Park in Bellevue to enjoy the Light Show from your car or walk through the park if weather allows.
- Location: Washington Park – 1943 Franklin St, Bellevue, NE 68005
9. New Year’s Eve Fireworks Spectacular – Dec 31st – 7:00pm – FREE
- Enjoy the spectacular firework show in the warmth and safety of your vehicle!
- Arrive early and park for FREE to view the up-close show in the recommended viewing areas listed here.
- The fireworks will be launched from Parking Lot D of the CHI Health Center.
10. Fun at Nebraska State Parks – (State Park Entry Permit required.)
- Location: Platte River State Park, 14421 346th St., Louisville, NE.
- Location: 21502 NE-31, Gretna, NE.
- 15810 Hwy. 50, Louisville, NE
Visitors will need a daily or annual Nebraska State Park permit.
Find More Fun:
It is always a good idea to verify with the business before visiting.
Have a wonderful fun-filled Winter Break!
Join our growing community and keep updated on Omaha family-friendly events and activities and Sign up for our Free Email Newsletter!